Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Eugh sitting next to loaf on plane

Posted by ladybug2203 
Eugh sitting next to loaf on plane
February 21, 2017
My flight home is about to take off, so i will soon need to turn my phone off. Im flying southwest so its no assigned seating, due to early mobile check in i was one of the first to board. I always choose a window seat so i can sleep without being woken up when someone needs to use the restroom.

A famblee with a freshly shat loaf and toadler decided to sit right next to me, toadler is already fussing, flight is full i cant move, loaf reeks of formula which makes me wanna fucking gag, FUCK FUCK FUCK. Need to turn phone off cuz we are taking off soon, send positive vibes my way.
Re: Eugh sitting next to loaf on plane
February 22, 2017
Ugh, that sucks. I try to gauge how full the flight is and if it is full, I try to take the window/aisle where someone else already has the other. That greatly lessens the chances that a group will want the middle seat. Your main risk then is you'll end up with someone too "nice" who will give up their seat when the inevitable whining about famblees not being able to sit together starts.
February 22, 2017
I bring my retractable ear buds everywhere I go. Both my phone and ipad have a great white noise app. You can listen to the app in airplane mode.

I just cannot stand the chatter of idiots while I read.
February 22, 2017
Hope that kyd isn't passing out a 'heapin helpin' of GERMS.

Let us know how it goes. Thinkin ' about ya.
February 22, 2017
Im back. Baybee was pretty quiet most of the flight (but reeked of formula, i hate hate hate that smell), toadler whined the entire fucking time cuz she wanted mawmeeeeee to hold her instead of duhd (moo was holding baybee), towards the ends parents switched kids toadler still whined. She wanted an orange, mom peeled it for her then she didnt want it. Toadlers.....

The flight was from dallas to nyc, i overheard moo say they were coming from LA where shes originally from (so i assume they were visiting famblee), dallas was their layover (layover for me too i also had a long day and didnt need this shit), but this seems like way too long of a day for a toadler and freshly shat still red loaf, next time fly out grandma and grandpa PLEASE
February 22, 2017
Apparently had to take the freshly shat one out so the fambleeee could oohhhh and aaahhhh over it! Oh doG forbid that that the loaf get a weeee bit older before they seeeee it.
February 22, 2017
yurble
Your main risk then is you'll end up with someone too "nice" who will give up their seat when the inevitable whining about famblees not being able to sit together starts.

This is something I never understood. Everyone ends up in the same destination... so what does it matter who you sit next to?
February 23, 2017
StudioFiftyFour
yurble
Your main risk then is you'll end up with someone too "nice" who will give up their seat when the inevitable whining about famblees not being able to sit together starts.

This is something I never understood. Everyone ends up in the same destination... so what does it matter who you sit next to?

Sometimes it's an anxiety thing, especially if it's a long flight or you've never flown before. On our first trip to Japan, my husband and I were given seats on opposite sides of the plane. I'd only recently been diagnosed with reactionary anxiety at the time and was internally freaking out about being away from my husband - in a metal tube full of strangers some 40,000 ft in the air - for 12 hours.

Luckily some people swapped for us so we could sit together.
February 23, 2017
I think it's also so that if the worst happens... the airline can help with identities of people assigned to certain seats and if they were actually on the flight.
February 23, 2017
StudioFiftyFour
yurble

Well, I'd rather sit next to someone I want to be near, as then we can talk and not feel uncomfortable with inadvertent physical contact. On a short flight I don't care that much but on a longer flight I care more. If I care enough, I'll take steps to ensure we can sit together: paying extra for choosing seats early, or booking an airline with assigned seating, or paying for priority boarding.

I don't mind switching like-for-like seats to help someone out, either: window for window, aisle for aisle. I just hate it when people are ill-prepared and are offering an obviously inferior option and expect you accommodate their lack of planning.
February 25, 2017
I hate, hate, hate kids and babies on planes. Even if they're what their parents call "well-behaved". Still feels like sitting next to a bomb that can explode any time. This is the only message board where I can admit it without being called a bitch... all the others are full of idiotic answers like "babies cry, get over it", "obviously you're not a parent" (obviously meant as an insult, though I don't know why it would count as one), "it would be discrimination to ban them from planes / business class / first class", "they paid as much as you did" (I don't scream as much as they do), "it's your problem that it disturbs you, buy a noise-cancelling headphone" (I'd rather not carry a big ass headphone when my hand luggage is only a purse), and of course the ever-present smug bitch with "I fly tomorrow with my two babies and you can do nothing about it" (I want to punch her). And of course every moo comments "I can't help it" or "I can't prevent it". Yeah, I totally understand, dear moo. You can't help taking your kid on a plane. You can't stop obsessively booking flights for her. It's an OCD that can't be treated. You tried to stop but your feet just took you to the airport. You summoned all your willpower to resist boarding the plane with your kid, but evil demons took control of your mind and you couldn't help boarding. I understand, you couldn't prevent it. /sarcasm
February 26, 2017
tea princess
"it's your problem that it disturbs you, buy a noise-cancelling headphone" (I'd rather not carry a big ass headphone when my hand luggage is only a purse)

They don't even work for high-pitched noises, even normal human voices aren't filtered that well. They are better for low, constant noises like the droning of engines.

People always say that but they have no idea of the technology. If there was something I could buy which would give me the bliss of not hearing children, I would pay for it.
February 26, 2017
Children are but one reason I don't fly.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login