Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

You should move your car because I have a baby :wtf

You should move your car because I have a baby :wtf
March 03, 2017
Today I got cut from work {it happens a lot during off season} and I headed to my car to get my phone before walking across the street to get a coffee. I like having my phone on me when not at work, because I am looking for a job, and I feel awkward without it. With my phone, I look like I'm preoccupied and that perhaps excuses my social awkwardness, like not knowing how long to hold open a door and all that. Anyway I quickly called to follow up on an interview when I was in my car. A group of old people came out from one of the stores and was standing around outside my car. This one old lady was staring at me while I was on hold and said "are you going to move your car?" I was confused because I was inside my space, so I said "I'm on the phone." Lady huffs at me and says "I can't get into the car with the baby." First of all, bitch, I arrived a couple of hours before work to get my spot and there wasn't anyone next to me when I parked, so clearly you were able to get OUT of your car ok. Second of all, what the actual fuck? Take the damned loaf out of its huge stroller, put it into your car, and put the stroller in your trunk, you know, the thing you did to get out of your car? There is no reason that the stroller has to be next to the car. I glanced at an older gentleman that was with this bint and said "I just came to get my phone and make a call, I'm not leaving." Older gentleman seemed to understand. The best part? When I did get back to my car they were gone. :eyeroll I guess they were able to get in ok. Just saying 'wtf' I work in a restaurant. I get pushed around enough at work. I don't need this on my time off

Lock him up or put him down.
Stolen from Shiny.
Re: You should move your car because I have a baby :wtf
March 03, 2017
Wow, that was a rude and entitled moo. You're right, you didn't need that. Sounds like you handled it well, though!
March 03, 2017
How dare you have the gall to take up space when geezer moo or grand moo or whoever she is wants the space? Oh, and you should be a mind reader and know she wanted the spot because bizzy moos always come first, even if they aren't visible. And you're not allowed to sit in your car for more than 10 seconds before you give up your spot. No phone calls for you unless you have a baybee in tow! Stoopid bizzy moo logic that dictates that if they open their mouths and demand something everyone should acquiesce to their unwritten rules. Apparently they have enough success to make them feel emboldened enough to approach strangers.

A baybee isn't a license to bully others. So sorry you had to deal with this!
March 04, 2017
Oh.. this thread just reminded me....Was out with dh the other day running errands. We're in a parking lot with no spaces near the entrance ...except... the 'Parunts with infunts' spaces (there were 3 of them) So he parked in one....and said "F&^% that Shit' Where's the 'senior parking?' Moos can walk"

We had just been on a conversation about IVF and cancer rates and he was already on an anti moo rant. LOL He used to think I was crazy for all this anti moo stuff...but I think he's starting to 'get it'

Anyhow... didn't want to hijack....but havin' that almighty loaf sure makes people rude.
No apology necessary, your post is still related in that it talks of this "cater to me because loaf" attitude moos seem to have. It's really grating! Childfree person wants to be left alone = Selfish. Moos want best parking spots and for other people to move their cars so they can get in easier = Not selfish? saying 'wtf'

Stolen from Shiny.
March 04, 2017
So if I accidentally parked too close to the line, thus forcing someone to have to slither out of their car...yeah I can see asking me to move it. And I would, because I really do my best to avoid parking like an asshole.

But this lady managed to get her kid OUT of the car. Why did she think it was up to you to make sure she could get back in, when in fact NOTHING about the parking situation had changed? I hate the learned-helplessness thing that is shoved on women. That goes double for moms. I'll help people who need help, but I don't respond to orders barked at me or passive-aggressive jabs thrown my way...and those seem to be the two methods of communication the martyr moms use.
March 04, 2017
randomcfchick
So if I accidentally parked too close to the line, thus forcing someone to have to slither out of their car...yeah I can see asking me to move it. And I would, because I really do my best to avoid parking like an asshole.

99% of the time when I park too close or over the line it is because the car next to me started the pattern and there is a severe shortage of spots. Sometimes I will purposely park over the line but will also park very far away at the same time. I started doing this after years of parking far away and in the lines only to return to find empty rows of parking with one idiot parked next to me suffocating my car and dinging it with their door. If you park far away and in such a fashion that it appears that you may be a crappy driver it is way less likely that you'll find one lone car parked right next to you.
March 04, 2017
Another side of Parenthood makes you a better person. Some people may not abuse their kids but think having those kids gives them the right to treat everyone else like shit. I first noticed parents with this attitude in the 1990s. There are more of them now. Just another example of how civilization is headed straight down the toilet.
@randomcfchick

Exactly! If I park poorly I will 99% of the time fix it, unless it looks like I am going to be late to work. But I was within my space, and it wasn't an issue for grandmoo to get out of the car. It suddenly became an issue when I was sitting in my car.

A lot of it also depends on how people ask. I will do almost anything for some people, certain things for almost all people {please, thank you, holding a door}, and then there are certain people I won't do anything for. 99% of the time it is based on how they treat me

Stolen from Shiny.
March 04, 2017
freya
randomcfchick

99% of the time when I park too close or over the line it is because the car next to me started the pattern and there is a severe shortage of spots. Sometimes I will purposely park over the line but will also park very far away at the same time. I started doing this after years of parking far away and in the lines only to return to find empty rows of parking with one idiot parked next to me suffocating my car and dinging it with their door. If you park far away and in such a fashion that it appears that you may be a crappy driver it is way less likely that you'll find one lone car parked right next to you.

This is why I am fond of parking on ends of rows when possible. If someone is crowding a spot, I park elsewhere. I am healthy and a little bit of walking won't hurt me.

Also, I'll help people who seem to be struggling, as long as it seems safe. But I do not manage their kid or their kid's gear. That's their department.
March 28, 2017
ondinette
Another side of Parenthood makes you a better person. Some people may not abuse their kids but think having those kids gives them the right to treat everyone else like shit. I first noticed parents with this attitude in the 1990s. There are more of them now. Just another example of how civilization is headed straight down the toilet.

Agreed in totality. The I'm a moo, I'm a kid, I come first attitude was first being seen in the nineties. And, even non-childed people started to believe it and started to cater to it tremendously. So, now it only has gotten worse. And u can't get away from it since parunts bring their kids everywhere and all formerly adult only places now cater to famblees.

I had a CF friend hold open a door for a moo w/ double stroller who was like 1/4 or more of the block down 'in case' she was coming in to the cafe....what? Really? is that necessary? Besides, she could open the door and back it in, I've seen the dads do it, but for some reason Moos can't figure the back it up mode at all.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login