Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Anyone want a "Decent Dude" award?

Posted by cfdavep 
Anyone want a "Decent Dude" award?
March 08, 2017
https://www.yahoo.com/news/pregnant-woman-awards-decent-dude-a-statue-for-giving-up-seat-on-train-205236069.html

You can have your very own award to put on the mantel
Re: Anyone want a "Decent Dude" award?
March 08, 2017
I read the top half of the article before clicking out of it in disgust.

Bitch, please! You're preggers, you're not dying of cancer, you're not 95 years old with osteo-arthritis, you're not an amputee. You made the choice to fuck without birth control, so suck it up buttercup and deal with it. Passing out trophies is just lame and reeks of attention whoring.
March 08, 2017
Nice trophy. I'm sure this guy's cell phone will be blowing up 24/7 with grateful women who just can't get enough of this chivalrous white knight!

Or no one will care.
March 09, 2017
I typically offer my seat to anyone who looks as if he/she needs it, and I'm glad I'm 50+ and healthy enough to do so.

But this woman's attitude really pisses me off:

I'm about 8ish months preggers (again) and I look it. I've been gradually coming to the conclusion that men suck. I didn't get a single subway seat offered to me by a man throughout my first pregnancy. So for the second pregnancy, I had this made and I've been carrying it around everyday - till last Friday. This guy is the winner! #subway #nyc #pregnant #socialexperiment

And count Olivia Wilde among the cunt brigade as well:

Pregnancy causes weight gain, fatigue, swollen limbs, shortness of breath, and back pain. As a result, many women are encouraged to rest as much as possible in their third trimesters. While offering a seat to a pregnant person may seem like a no-brainer, research has shown that people are less empathetic toward strangers, due to a spike in cortisol, the “stress hormone,” when around unfamiliar people.

Pregnant celebrities don’t get special treatment, either. In 2014, while expecting her second child, Olivia Wilde vented on Twitter after riding the New York City subway, where no one gave up his or her seat. “NBD, able-bodied riders who won’t give your seat to a GIANT preggo. I’ll just stand riiiiight next to your head and pray I go into labor,” she wrote.

If pregnancy causes all these things, then you need to plan accordingly and not make everyone else responsible for your chosen condition.

As for Lin, who teaches a product design class at Parsons University, she’s turning the experience into a teachable moment, saying, “I’m challenging my students to create a product that makes life bearable for pregnant women in big cities.”

It's already been invented, and it's called birth control. How about using it, or making other arrangements for public transportation is you are so delicate that you need a seat, such as saving money to afford Uber or Lyft. Or getting pregnant when you are younger and it's not so haaaaaaaaaaaard on your body?

People who are genuinely disabled didn't ask for their condition, and they are more likely to get my seat.

About 15 years ago a very brave woman named Amy Michaud wrote a letter to Dr. Gridlock. The gist of it is here.. It caused a huge shit storm.

She wrote:

"I would not offer my seat to a pregnant woman any more than I would offer my seat to a woman wearing high heels. Choices have consequences, and one of the consequences of being pregnant or wearing high heels is that you may be uncomfortable sometimes.

"If you don't want to deal with these consequences, don't get pregnant or wear high heels. If you need to sit, ride the train during a non-rush hour or choose another means of transportation."
March 09, 2017
Pregnancy causes weight gain, fatigue, swollen limbs, shortness of breath, and back pain.

So does training for a marathon. Not giving my seat up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
March 09, 2017
Training for a marathon causes weight gain?
March 09, 2017
ladybug2203
Training for a marathon causes weight gain?

Muscle weighs more than fat and training for a marathon is likely to develop ones muscles.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login