Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Childfreedom bonus: getting to eat in fucking peace!

Posted by ladybug2203 
Childfreedom bonus: getting to eat in fucking peace!
March 11, 2017
No linky, just personal observations.

I'm an ex fat kid, I LOVE food! Since I have to watch what I eat to keep my weight down, the times that I do get to eat are very precious to me and I want to savor every single bite and have no interruptions. Eating with brats looks like a huge ordeal. Cutting up their food, refereeing fights over the biggest/best piece, getting them to eat at all, or not too much, making sure they don't throw food, or get it in their hair/clothes, keeping them in their chair, trying to stop them from wipi g sticky fingers everywhere.

See what we're missing? No fucking thanks!!!!!!
Re: Childfreedom bonus: getting to eat in fucking peace!
March 11, 2017
No kidding. I love cooking and I love food, but add kids to the mix and it looks like a nightmare.

Everything you mentioned, then let's add that you can't have a favorite treat without them wanting to share. I've heard of moms hiding in the bathroom just so they can have a brownie or candy bar in fucking peace.
March 11, 2017
randomcfchick
No kidding. I love cooking and I love food, but add kids to the mix and it looks like a nightmare.

Everything you mentioned, then let's add that you can't have a favorite treat without them wanting to share. I've heard of moms hiding in the bathroom just so they can have a brownie or candy bar in fucking peace.

My mom did jenny craig when we were kids, and i remember as a kid wanting to try it too so she always bought extra jenny food for us.
March 12, 2017
If you love food, another way a brat can piss you the fuck off is when they decide that they don't like a meal and you have to throw it away. While I didn't grow up hungry, I still hate seeing people waste food and I think a lot of that waste comes from parents who try to appeal to their finicky bastards. Not to mention all the horse shit that accompanies trying to make a brat eat. You have to celebrate every single time they take a single bite like it's an earth-shattering event, and if you get them to take five bites of anything, you're lucky. Then they whine an hour later about how hungry they are, but they aren't hungry enough to want anything you offer them.

I can't imagine how much food breeders waste attempting to make their kids eat. I wouldn't tolerate that shit for one second. Either you eat what I make or you fucking starve, end of story. I wonder if primitive human brats had the luxury of being picky about what they shoved in their face holes when they didn't even know when they'd be eating again.
March 12, 2017

I can't imagine how much food breeders waste attempting to make their kids eat.

Let's add that to the environmental waste that Breeders create. It's shameful.
Another thing I am glad we don't have to deal with is the presentation of food. Breaded chicken breasts are delicious {I feel like as an adult I shouldn't find them so, but there is no accounting for taste}, but brats aren't interested in chicken breasts, they would rather have blended, I mean, "mechanically separated" chicken paste shaped like dinosaurs.

Or like today at work. I recently took a second job in an ice cream store. Moo ordered kid a cup of ice cream and the kid started screaming "no," "mom, stop!" At her. Kid wanted a cone. Moo told him he could have a cone separately but because he tends to be messy, he has to eat the ice cream from a cup. Kid had a meltdown saying 'wtf' I don't see why he couldn't have had them separately.

Lock him up or put him down.
Stolen from Shiny.
March 13, 2017
Moos have trouble ever finishing their meal due to helping their offspring eat. Then they will get martyrish about not getting to eat.
March 13, 2017
And (deity) help you if your kid is allegedly awtarded. Then they can only eat foods that have a certain color, taste, texture, shape and are placed on a certain plate in a certain way in groups of certain numbers or else there will be a meltdown and the food will probably wind up on the floor.

Parents are complete suckers because somewhere along the way, people decided that the only way brats will eat is if their food is "fun." Mac-and-cheese shaped like Spongebob, soup with pasta vaguely resembling cartoon characters, chicken nuggets shaped like dinosaurs, vitamins shaped like the Flintstones, yogurt in a squeeze tube that can be eaten on the go because sitting still and eating is overrated... all bullshit. Food isn't meant to be a toy - it's a thing you put in your face to keep yourself alive. It shouldn't have to be fun to be edible and I think that lays the foundation for a picky eater. In order to make food "fun," it usually has to be processed and loaded with chemicals/preservatives to the point where I'd struggle to call it "food."

And you know the average spoiled brat of today would tell their teachers that Mommy is starving them because Mommy tried to make them eat real food and Junior refused it. Yeah, no fuckin' thanks. I'll buy what I want and eat it when I want without a constant chorus of "I'm hun-gweeeeeeeeeeeee!"
March 13, 2017
I am firmly of the opinion that a LOT of picky eaters are made, not born. Parents who act as short order cooks are doing themselves and their kids a disservice.

contemplativeintrovert: the ice cream saga you describe stuns me. If I'd pulled that kind of crap in an ice cream place, Ma and/or Pa Random would have immediately said "Okay, guess you don't want ice cream" and that would have ended the trip right then and there.
March 14, 2017
randomcfchick
I am firmly of the opinion that a LOT of picky eaters are made, not born. Parents who act as short order cooks are doing themselves and their kids a disservice.

I was allowed to pick out one ingredient per meal at most, and I couldn't make a fuss about it. I think it was a good decision on the part of my parents, because it allowed me some choice of avoiding foods I really hated, without compromising my overall nutrition or kowtowing to my preferences. For instance I really hated mushrooms as a kid (I'm fine with them now), and so I would pick them out of sauces and then I would still have to eat the mushy peas (which I also didn't like).
March 14, 2017
That's the thing about with taste and tastebuds, young kids have vastly more tastebuds than adults and they're attuned to sweet pretty much from birth. Along with a natural affinity for preferring certain fats, it's pretty much natures way of ensuring survival by building in a preference for fats and sweets.

The unfortunate flip side of having more tastebuds is that they also taste bitter (acidic) and sour (alkaline) more readily. Although this is also natures way of making us reject poisonous potential foods, it doesn't really work with modern and safe foodstuffs. Kids need their taste and tastebuds to be attuned to acclimatized to bitter and sours, with repeated exposures. There are some people that remain supertasters after all this, and simply cannot tolerate certain foods, but luckily by then they have built a tolerance for a relatively diverse and nutritionally suitable diet.

Lazy parunts simply don't want to go to the effort of persisting, and cave in, pumping their dumplings full of synthetic garbage designed to hit the natural affinities - that being fat, sweet and salty - and usually full of masses of empty calories, along with a huge helping of synthetic chemicals that play havoc with metabolism and biochemistry. Hence the appalling diets of the brats. Plus the ease at which they can get them into their whining face holes. Yet they wonder why their cherubs, along with the general population in the west is ballooning.
March 16, 2017
yurble
randomcfchick

I was allowed to pick out one ingredient per meal at most, and I couldn't make a fuss about it. I think it was a good decision on the part of my parents, because it allowed me some choice of avoiding foods I really hated, without compromising my overall nutrition or kowtowing to my preferences. For instance I really hated mushrooms as a kid (I'm fine with them now), and so I would pick them out of sauces and then I would still have to eat the mushy peas (which I also didn't like).

You were lucky. I had a father that forced me to eat whatever was on the plate, and sometimes it was disgusting.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
March 17, 2017
nokidsandhappy
That's the thing about with taste and tastebuds, young kids have vastly more tastebuds than adults and they're attuned to sweet pretty much from birth. Along with a natural affinity for preferring certain fats, it's pretty much natures way of ensuring survival by building in a preference for fats and sweets.

The unfortunate flip side of having more tastebuds is that they also taste bitter (acidic) and sour (alkaline) more readily. Although this is also natures way of making us reject poisonous potential foods, it doesn't really work with modern and safe foodstuffs. Kids need their taste and tastebuds to be attuned to acclimatized to bitter and sours, with repeated exposures. There are some people that remain supertasters after all this, and simply cannot tolerate certain foods, but luckily by then they have built a tolerance for a relatively diverse and nutritionally suitable diet.

Lazy parunts simply don't want to go to the effort of persisting, and cave in, pumping their dumplings full of synthetic garbage designed to hit the natural affinities - that being fat, sweet and salty - and usually full of masses of empty calories, along with a huge helping of synthetic chemicals that play havoc with metabolism and biochemistry. Hence the appalling diets of the brats. Plus the ease at which they can get them into their whining face holes. Yet they wonder why their cherubs, along with the general population in the west is ballooning.

I had severe issues with food as a kid. Certain textures of food would make me gag or vomit and it caused nightly battles over the table. I could only handle bland foods and ate the same lunch every day throughout elementary school. I'm sure that must have been really annoying to my parents but as a kid being forced to eat food when I would have rather skipped dinner caused me to have anxiety. A little of the food was processed but most of it wasn't and that was at a time when kids were physically active.

The positive side is now my taste buds have relaxed and I can detect most ingredients in foods (ingredients I've tasted) and it makes cooking easy and fun! But I still don't understand why some parents insist on feeding their kids expensive restaurant foods made for an adult palate and being disappointed that their kids usually don't appreciate the food. Most of the time kids would rather have a hamburger or similar.
March 17, 2017
When I first read the title of this thread I thought:

Childfreedom bonus: getting to do EVERYTHING in fucking peace!

I call that a win-win! two drinking beer and happy
March 17, 2017
bell_flower
When I first read the title of this thread I thought:

Childfreedom bonus: getting to do EVERYTHING in fucking peace!

I call that a win-win! two drinking beer and happy

I totally agree with that one! I'm baking chocolate chip cookies today, and there are no grubby mitts reaching into the bowl or driving me crazy while I'm trying to bake. It isn't a teaching moment. Just me in my tidy kitchen baking cookies, and the best thing is that the only person I have to share with is my husband.

Win Win it is!
March 17, 2017
Mum--I'm so glad you mentioned "teachable moments"! I think that would be (another) one of the things about having kids I would hate the most. The idea of always , always needing to be teaching, being "understanding" and "enriching" GAAAKKK! When I hear some of my friends with kids going at that, with that superior, satisfied sound in their voices--oh, it's so grating!
@reeniebessagain

Ugh, yes! It is especially irritating when they do it to kids not old enough to understand. I have heard people say "give the lady the money" and "no, put it on the belt we have to PAY for that," to infants. saying 'wtf' So tempting to tell them that their kids are about 3 years shy of understanding English, and 7 years shy of understanding basic economics {if I remember correctly, first grade is where we learned adding and subtracting decimals and did counting with fake money.}

Lock him up or put him down.
Stolen from Shiny.
March 18, 2017
Or how about...using the bathroom??

The conversations I've had the misfortune to hear between little kids and their moms in public restrooms are revolting enough to make anyone consider CF. Just yesterday, I was in a public restroom at work when a woman absolutely dressed to the nines came in with her toddler. You could tell by the way that she dressed and carried herself that she had self-pride. As soon as they go in the stall, the kid yells, "ARE YOU GONNA POOP, MOMMY??!!"

Yeah, no thank you! I don't need a running public commentary on what I'm doing in the restroom.
March 18, 2017
Yesterday I was too tired and cranky to cook, so I stopped and grabbed a burrito at the local taqueria on my way home. I texted my husband that I'd gotten dinner and was tired and thus he could do whatever the fuck he wanted for dinner. I kinda felt bad for not offering to get him anything (it's a place he likes), but he was understanding and just made himself some spaghetti.

That would never fly in a household with kids. Even if my husband were cool about it, kids likely wouldn't understand why I'd get different food, or they'd want me to go get them some, or would want part of my burrito. I can be pretty generous about sharing food, but this was not that kind of day. Adults get that; kids don't.
March 18, 2017
bop
Or how about...using the bathroom??

The conversations I've had the misfortune to hear between little kids and their moms in public restrooms are revolting enough to make anyone consider CF. Just yesterday, I was in a public restroom at work when a woman absolutely dressed to the nines came in with her toddler. You could tell by the way that she dressed and carried herself that she had self-pride. As soon as they go in the stall, the kid yells, "ARE YOU GONNA POOP, MOMMY??!!"

Yeah, no thank you! I don't need a running public commentary on what I'm doing in the restroom.

One time in a dennys i was in the restroom and someone's MALE toadler crawles under my stall while my pants were still down. Moo got him fairly quickly but still!!!! Plus he shouldn't be allowed to crawl on those germy floors...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login