Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Kid steals wind chimes and everyone thinks it's great

Posted by cfdavep 
Kid steals wind chimes and everyone thinks it's great
March 13, 2017
I was listening to the radio this morning in the docs waiting room and there was a story about a woman who had one of her windchimes stolen. The note with it looked like it was written by a sprog explaining that the kid's mother just died and attached was a $5 bill to pay for the chimes. The kid wrote that his mother just loved butterflies and there were butterflies on the chimes. The radio announcers went on about how it was ok to steal the chimes since it was a case of grief and he tried to pay. The woman who had them stolen wanted to locate the sprog so that she could give him the rest of her chimes with butterfiles. Way to teach a kid that stealing from a stranger is an ok way to deal with diffculties in life? Even if he paid, things cost more than what a sprog can come up with out of his piggybank. Maybe the chimes had sentimental value to the owner
It's not just the money. Even if it cost the woman less, it's the lack of consent that makes it wrong. Woman should track down sprog and call the cops. It's not enough to get arrested, I don't think, but she can put a no trespassing order on him that, if he breaks, can get him arrested.

Lock him up or put him down.
Stolen from Shiny.
Re: Kid steals wind chimes and everyone thinks it's great
March 13, 2017
I fuckin' hate wind chimes. I find most of them to be extremely annoying, and the place where I used to live was loaded with them. Every time there was even a breeze outside, they would all go off and keep me up in the middle of the night.

Either way, this is NOT the right thing. Thinking it's adorable to steal someone's personal property is wrong, and this kid is going to grow up thinking that if he wants something that someone else has, he can just take it.
March 13, 2017
Someone should explain to the kid that his mother is fucking dead.
That said, I'm soft hearted enough I might take the money and give the wide chimes if asked.
March 13, 2017
khan
Someone should explain to the kid that his mother is fucking dead.
That said, I'm soft hearted enough I might take the money and give the wide chimes if asked.

I likely would, too. I imagine losing your mother is about the worst grief possible, and I dread it coming in my own life.

That being said, stealing is not ok. The point is we would both give the windchimes *if asked*. He did not ASK, he just stole.
March 13, 2017
I don't give a shit if grief is involved or not, it doesn't justify stealing. If an adult did this same shit, people wouldn't think it was so heartwarming or touching.

I bet if the kid knocked on the lady's door, asked where she got her windchimes and explained why he was looking for similar ones, she probably would have given them to him. Or not. Those windchimes might have had great value to the owner. They may have been a gift from a friend or relative, or something that was custom-made or was very expensive. Nobody should be praised for helping themselves to other people's belongings without their permission, regardless of age. I don't care if a kid's whole fucking family died - if they stole shit off my porch, I'd be pissed off.

A crime doesn't become more acceptable based on how low the perpetrator's age is.
March 14, 2017
Oh FFS! Had it been an adult, you think they act the same way?!? It's a fucking crime, and dead moo or not, it's still stealing. Throw the book at the brat, as then he can think extra hard about his dead moo in juvy hall.

That's if his moo is really dead! C'mon, brats make up all manner of crap to get their way outta trouble, and they're not beyond making up a parent's death to get free shit. I'd be highly skeptical about the whole 'dead mother' sctick.
March 14, 2017
This is why kids need to be taught empathy and that the world does not revolve around them. What if the chimes were a gift from the owner's deceased mother or child or spouse? What if the owner's granddaughter loved butterflies and they were in memory of her because she died of childhood leukemia?

We have these regular guests at the restaurant where I work. One sister is a tard and always super loud, grunting and squealing. She recently learned to belch and will burp loudly and then start giggling. I was complaining about her and got called insensitive and cruel. Then I said "what if the woman at the next table cares for a disabled kid full time and today she paid a ton of money for respite care so she could go out for a peaceful brunch. Should she have her meal disrupted?"
March 14, 2017
cfinboston
...Then I said "what if the woman at the next table cares for a disabled kid full time and today she paid a ton of money for respite care so she could go out for a peaceful brunch. Should she have her meal disrupted?"

Like breeders care about anyone other than themselves! No, they wouldn't care one bit, because tarette loudly belching and farting is hilarious to their insignificant lumps of dog-shit they call brains. Yeah, it's 'so hilarious' watching a 5 year old tardette with no decorum, it's going to be even funnier when the tard has grown to a 6'11 350 pound she-hulk farting and belching in some public eatery - especially when it's combined with public masturbation & fecal smearing.

Despicable feral Imbeciles.
March 14, 2017
The tardette isn't a kid, she's well over 30. That's why it's as disgusting as it is.
March 14, 2017
I have a secret hope that the woman is seeking the identity of the kid not to give him more butterflies, but to report him to the police. smiling smiley
March 24, 2017
I'm so fucking hate assholes using grief as a get out of jail free card, for being a dick. I also hate their pearl clutcher enablers. Of course breeders are notorious for it & using it as an excuse to let their parasites get away with shit, because of course them & their life destroyers are the super special exception to all ethics. eye rolling smiley
March 25, 2017
This bugler is cute

Click here to login