Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Oh Harpi and Nephew.... you're such good parunts

Posted by starlady 
Oh Harpi and Nephew.... you're such good parunts
March 14, 2017
They're back... and at it again. Guess where they went this past weekend? They flew to Florida! (and each needed 2 days off work to do this) My MIL paid for the air fare, hotel and rental car. So they hauled 6 month old Loafly on the plane again. Get this one.... Harpi wanted to go fishing on a trip about a mile off the coast. So they TOOK THE LOAF!!! I asked DH who was looking after loaf while they were out to sea in a little old boat. She and Nephew were fishing with kyd on the boat in a carrier. That can't be good.

I know my MIL wasn't baybeesitting. The one thing that she and I have in common is that she can not stand baybees and she just barely tolerates toadlers (if they are related to her) My DH asked if his mother held Loafly and Harpi said... "yes, just long enough to get a picture"

So now MIL can run around and show off the Great Grand Sprog to all her friends at the health club.

Okay.. so... DH calls Nephew last night to see that they're plane made it okay... since we were in a winter storm watch... and nephew said they just got home.....and....wait for it..... Loafly is running a fever.

Lovely...just lovely......
Re: Oh Harpi and Nephew.... you're such good parunts
March 14, 2017
I smell a PNA brewing...
March 14, 2017
Brewing off the coast, a little PNA. Testing the waters. Hmmmmm
March 14, 2017
Ohhh I'm sure they just wanted the loaf to get its sea legs and see the world! Look at what good, hip parents they're being taking their loaf sailing!

Idiots. I can't remember how old the loaf is, but odds are it's still far too young to be so out and about. I think it's recommended that you don't take loaves out in public for the first couple months of their lives because their immune systems are garbage up until that point (and then they become slightly less than garbage because they still get sick and puke everything up on a daily basis).

BUT that's assuming they give a crap about the loaf. Like the others have said, I'm thinking they're going for a passive PNA, as in not actively murdering the kid outright, but trying to neglect it just enough to kill it. If they can get it sick enough, they might get their way and then they can boo-hoo about it to score some additional sympathy.
March 14, 2017
I had this thought. What if the high infant mortality rates of the past weren't entirely due to lack of vaccines and various dangers, but also lack of contraceptives?

I'm not talking about the infanticide that is well-known, like deformed children in Rome, but that there might have been a lot more going on than is acknowledged. Children who fell into wells, got lost in bogs, and fell off fishing boats.
March 14, 2017
yurble
I had this thought. What if the high infant mortality rates of the past weren't entirely due to lack of vaccines and various dangers, but also lack of contraceptives?

I'm not talking about the infanticide that is well-known, like deformed children in Rome, but that there might have been a lot more going on than is acknowledged. Children who fell into wells, got lost in bogs, and fell off fishing boats.

You mean...in the old TV show Lassie might have been trained to push Timmy into the well because his parents wanted to be rid of him? devil with smile

Lassie: "Woof! Woof!"
Dad in private: "You took care of the clumsy little fucker for us, Lassie? Good dog! Oops, the cameras are about to roll."
Lassie on TV: "Woof! Woof!"
Dad on TV: "What, Lassie, Timmy fell into the well again? Oh, no!"
March 14, 2017
https://www.yahoo.com/news/mother-seen-video-abandoning-her-174400006.html

Apparently this moo was recorded in the process of leaving her kid in a grocery store while she shopped in the hopes that said kid would just be kidnapped, or wander into traffic. I guess she continued shopping thinking that to hurry out would lead to attention, so she seemed to want the kid to blend into the crowd and then disappear.
March 15, 2017
See: overlaying infants
March 17, 2017
cfdavep

That's right, Harpi and Nephew are looking for a PNA there because they are too poor/cheap to try to do a PNA on Kilamanjaro Safaris.
March 17, 2017
mr. neptune
cfdavep

That's right, Harpi and Nephew are looking for a PNA there because they are too poor/cheap to try to do a PNA on Kilamanjaro Safaris.

Yep... and the convenience of Great Grand Moo paying for their whole trip.
March 17, 2017
Why does Great Grand Moo pay for shit like this? It's expensive and I bet there are better things that she can do with the money, for herself, than paying for these two and a loaf to go on vacation. If they can't afford to go on vacation then no one else should be paying for it. I'd have a talk with great grand moo and tell her that she needs to stop enabling them.

They also have other priorities that need to come first, i.e. fixing up or getting out of that mould infested dump that they live in. Everyone, including loafy is going to get sick. That money spent on vacation would have been a good start, except in the form of a loan that they will have to pay back. From a bank, not Great Grand Moo.

Just wait until they miss a few mortgage payments and the bank comes after them. If Grand Moo is smart, she wouldn't give them money when they time comes. She would tell them that they would have to work out the problem on their own, like the responsible adults that they are supposed to be.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
They are having children for selfish and narcissistic reasons, or are simply irresponsible. Funny... Those are the terms often used to describe the CF

~Live, Laugh, Love~
March 18, 2017
This set ALL my lifeguard instincts pinging. Babies have to be at least 18 pounds to fit in an infant lifejacket, and should not be on a boat at all without one. They don't strike me as the types to spring for a proper PFD anyway (full vest, massive collar because babies cannot properly control their melon heads). Anyway: if the kid is less than about 18 pounds or more, it should not be on a boat.

"Oh, but Baby cannot crawl, he won't fall overboard because he's in his carrier in the middle of the boat". I bet that was their rationale. Yeah, because no accidents ever happen out on ocean swells.
March 20, 2017
She took the loaf on a charter fishing boat?
Is she stupid?
For one thing, it is really easy for an adult to get seasick even with doing all things possible like taking dramamine or looking at a singular point in the distance. I can't even imagine what heavy swells would do a to a FUCKING INFANT's internal equilibrium systems.

And pretty much everything randomcfchick said.

So much stupid. And they're still living in a mold situation. Lovely.
March 20, 2017
Well.. I found out that the boat was a canal fishing boat. They stayed in the inland waterway. Still, it's water ... and probably full of gators. Still.. no place for a 6 months old... sleeping or not.
March 24, 2017
Not unless he's over 18 pounds and in a proper PFD. And seriously...what's the point? The kid won't remember a damn thing, it can't even watch and comprehend/enjoy what's going on. It's just a big doorstop in a onesie.
March 25, 2017
Oh.. just found out that Nephew, Harpi and loaf all came home from vacation with a stomach virus. More work missed. They'll never learn. Poor Loafly has now had THREE sinus infections (the first one when she came home from visiting relatives down south for Christmas... the other two in January and February) and one stomach virus... and she 's only 6 months old. I remember when baybees were kept away from the public till they were at least 6 to 8 months old and their immune systems were stronger. They just tote this loaf around like it's ...well.. an accessory of some kind. You can see why I don't want it here. It's a freekin' petri dish already. I don't want those germs in here.
March 26, 2017
Oh, yeah, you see loaves fresh out of the womb being paraded around and taken to Wal-Mart, restaurants, and movie theaters. And then people wonder why their kids grow up sickly and allergic to everything under the sun (and in some rare cases, the sun itself).

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
March 26, 2017
Oh what a shock, the infant with practically no immune system got sick? Not only is the kid much more prone to illness, but I imagine that any illness it does contract poses a higher danger due to the kid's aforementioned age and underdeveloped immune response. But heyyyyy, sick loaf = more attention! Just wait until they bring it within sneezing distance of an unvaxed kid and it comes home with whooping cough. With the beating it's non-existent immune system is taking, it might not survive through something more serious than a cold or a stomach bug.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login