Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Funding Moo Cancels Trip to Disney World

Posted by CF_Amy 
Funding Moo Cancels Trip to Disney World
March 16, 2017
Funding moo cancelled trip to Disney over the new Beauty and the Beast having a gay character. She claims she's getting a lot if hate mail. Her tears are delicious, now she knows a little bit of what the LGBT community faces EVERY DAY.

http://www.thismodestmom.com/hate-mail/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What is a home without children? Quiet. ~Henny Youngman

I don't want people who want to dance, I want people who have to dance. ~George Balanchine

"I took the batteries out of my biological clock and put them in my vibrator"
Re: Funding Moo Cancels Trip to Disney World
March 16, 2017
I saw that. My reaction was good, don't go, we don't want you there. (Speaking as a Disney fan. smiling smiley )
March 16, 2017
Most people are accepting of the gay community and hence, you don't see an enormous backlash against Disney. People's personal choice in lifestyle makes no difference to me.

But personally, I think both sides need to grow up. If you're going to publish online that you don't like "x" group of people, that's your privilege. But you need to understand that other people might not like that, and they might rip you a new one, and no, you aren't a 'victim' of harassment. (No one should be threatened with physical violence however--that is uncalled for and, illegal.)

On the flip side, the LGBT community needs to understand that not everyone is going to like or accept them. And they may dislike them for completely irrational, bigoted, or prejudicial reasons. My advice to them is to get over it because you're not going to convince irrational bigots that they are completely irrational. So why bother wasting your time?

A whole lot of pointless butthurt to go around on this one.
March 16, 2017
It is like these people who post crap about their boss on facebook and people who say controversial things on the net where people have the option to comment and then wonder that they get fired or people go mental on them. You would think they would have seen enough examples by now to know not to do it. What did they think was going to happen?
March 16, 2017
cfdavep
It is like these people who post crap about their boss on facebook and people who say controversial things on the net where people have the option to comment and then wonder that they get fired or people go mental on them. You would think they would have seen enough examples by now to know not to do it. What did they think was going to happen?

I'm all for preserving their right to free speech and expression, but they need to understand that those who oppose them are also free to counter with their own free speech and expression. It works both ways.

"I don't like the gays... so no Disney for me!" ... okay... whatever.

"Accept my lifestyle choices or fuck you!" ... okay... whatever.

I'm good with both. But here's the catch... neither party is a victim here. If you dish it out, be prepared to take it, and vice versa.

I draw the line, of course, with threats of violence, which are not protected free speech.
March 16, 2017
What gets me is apparently she would have been okay with the movie if it hadn't had that one moment, even though there's an openly gay actor in the main cast. It's okay for gay people to work to entertain her, but it's not okay for them to have representation in the medium in which they work?

(Btw, there was an openly gay actor in the animated version, and the lyricist was openly gay. Again, she's apparently okay with gay people working "behind the scenes" but only if they keep their heads down and don't actually get represented.)
March 16, 2017
kittehpeoples
What gets me is apparently she would have been okay with the movie if it hadn't had that one moment, even though there's an openly gay actor in the main cast. It's okay for gay people to work to entertain her, but it's not okay for them to have representation in the medium in which they work?

(Btw, there was an openly gay actor in the animated version, and the lyricist was openly gay. Again, she's apparently okay with gay people working "behind the scenes" but only if they keep their heads down and don't actually get represented.)

That's why she's a raging hypocrite. She was just fine with going to Disney, where half of the cast members are gay, until the director said that LeFou is in the closet. One of my friends saw the movie tonight and said it was implied, not directly said. So, my guess is that unless she was told, her brats wouldn't even notice. Not to mention, if you watch the cartoon, it's pretry obvious. Ursula was modeled after a drag queen, yet that's ok. The director of the original cartoon used AIDS as inspiration while doing the movie, when he was working on the curse. It's actually really interesting if you read about it.

So, mental and emotional abuse are totally fine (Cinderella), brothels are totally fine (Aladdin), but a GAY CHARACTER?!?! NO!!!!! The LGBT is out to get us and convert our children!!!!! Let's not forget one of the most famous lesbians in the world voiced Dory. (Sadly, most homophobes think like this)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What is a home without children? Quiet. ~Henny Youngman

I don't want people who want to dance, I want people who have to dance. ~George Balanchine

"I took the batteries out of my biological clock and put them in my vibrator"
March 17, 2017
So I guess homophobia means a boycott but note that she is perfectly fine with the "magical" kingdom. And all the references to magic, witches, etc. are just fine because it is Disney. But, not okay if it is Harry Potter! Or Halloween!

Talk about cognitive dissonance. Fundamentalists at their best.
March 17, 2017
If this mother has a baby or a toddler, she really should be going to Disney. I just read that Disney first aid clinics keep Pampers and Huggies on hand and give them out for free. How could she pass up this opportunity for free Huggies when so many parents had their diapers stolen!?
March 17, 2017
mr. neptune
If this mother has a baby or a toddler, she really should be going to Disney. I just read that Disney first aid clinics keep Pampers and Huggies on hand and give them out for free. How could she pass up this opportunity for free Huggies when so many parents had their diapers stolen!?

The cost of a Disney vacation for a family is astronomical, and of course everything is far overpriced once you get there. There's not much "free" about anything there.

I've been there a couple of times and I have been impressed with the level of service provided in the hotels/restaurants, and with the cleanliness and constant maintenance of the buildings & grounds. I have also worked with colleagues who were taking their families every 1-2 years and struggling financially to do so.
March 18, 2017
I can hardly wait for the daughter to be grown up, get her hands on a copy of this Beauty and the Beast, and flip off mom for banning her from seeing it in childhood. The marvelous movie made me tear up! :')
March 18, 2017
Here's an interesting comment from facebook about said Moo two cents

'Gay agenda disrupting morals and beliefs?" Sweetheart, you don't choose to be gay, you are born that way. Religion, on the other hand, is something you're indoctrinated and brainwashed into from a very early age. It's a cult designed to make you believe in something that doesn't exist. To live your life by a book written by a man who wanted to rule over the masses using fear and intimidation - which are also two red flags of an abusive relationship. "You do / don't do this, you're going to hell' or 'if you live this way you're going to hell.' Greed was also on the agenda, hence why churches have billion dollar industries and pastors have million dollar homes and the white collar christian has nothing.

If you want to be that close minded and live in a little bubble the rest of your life, then fine. Miss out on what this world has to offer because you're too brainwashed to see outside of the box when it comes to love and acceptance of others that chose to live a different lifestyle than your own - straight, married, popping out babies like a good christian woman. Unfortunately your kids are going to miss out on a lot in life because of religion. Oh and if you do go out in public, don't push your christian values on others around you, that's just hypocritical.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
They are having children for selfish and narcissistic reasons, or are simply irresponsible. Funny... Those are the terms often used to describe the CF

~Live, Laugh, Love~
March 21, 2017
What I find hilarious is these idiots screaming about one of the characters being gay and choosing to ignore the truly deplorable aspects of the story. Such as: kidnapping, being "sold" to a monster, basic imprisonment, Stockholm Syndrome, attempted murder, and bigotry.

But let's not forget the ebil gays converting and corrupting the innocent cherubs.

"It is better not to look like what you are; it is better to look like a bourgeois woman because then all the doors are open for you and then you can just go and make hell." - Marjane Satrapi
March 22, 2017
Why cancel? She could have still gone to Florida and spent every day at The Holy Land Experience. Twice-daily crucifixion...
March 23, 2017
Yawn. Another fundie moo bitches about something that really doesn't affect her in the slightest. Get off the Internet and go raise your children. Or don't. Continue popping Xanax like its candy and pretending your husband isn't fucking his hot secretary.
March 24, 2017
It disgusts me because I grew up in a fundie family. A relative of mine divorced and revealed he was gay. Cue the hate from the family.
He committed suicide. As a kid all I cared about is that my relative died by suicide and he was one of the sweetest relatives I had. I didn't care about his sexuality but if I'd been like the rest of my family I would have. I didn't buy the idea of accepting or rejecting a family member based on sexuality. On the other hand, I'm NC with the nasty relative who purposely killed all my childhood pets.

What happens if one of her kids or family members is gay? Teaching them it is fundamentally wrong, they are "flawed" for their preferences or "curable" is disturbing. Also, fundies tend to associate some of those pedo organizations with gays and state it is the next step and it isn't the same thing in the least!
March 24, 2017
freya
What happens if one of her kids or family members is gay? Teaching them it is fundamentally wrong, they are "flawed" for their preferences or "curable" is disturbing. Also, fundies tend to associate some of those pedo organizations with gays and state it is the next step and it isn't the same thing in the least!

Bigots like that are really throwing fate the finger, especially if they are of the quiverfull mindset. The more kids you have, the greater the chance that one of 'em will be queer, gender non-conforming, nonbinary, etc. I am so sorry about your uncle, freya.

If a religion drives members to suicide because those members have internalized the hate to the point where they can't see a way for it to get better...then that religion needs to close up shop, apologize to the world at large, and tell its flock to disperse and find a better brand.
March 25, 2017
freya
It disgusts me because I grew up in a fundie family. A relative of mine divorced and revealed he was gay. Cue the hate from the family.
He committed suicide. As a kid all I cared about is that my relative died by suicide and he was one of the sweetest relatives I had. I didn't care about his sexuality but if I'd been like the rest of my family I would have. I didn't buy the idea of accepting or rejecting a family member based on sexuality. On the other hand, I'm NC with the nasty relative who purposely killed all my childhood pets.

They're also pretty horrible to girls who have had the misfortune to have had sex, even if not by their own choice. I read an article written by a girl who had been kidnapped and repeatedly raped, about how worthless she felt because of the chewed gum analogy they use. I don't know how anyone can defend teaching innocent people that they're trash, not because of anything they have chosen or done, but because of what they are (gay) or what happens to them (assaulted). To these monsters, a little collateral damage is fine if it scares the rest of the herd into following strict, joyless rules.
March 25, 2017
addiea raine
What I find hilarious is these idiots screaming about one of the characters being gay and choosing to ignore the truly deplorable aspects of the story. Such as: kidnapping, being "sold" to a monster, basic imprisonment, Stockholm Syndrome, attempted murder, and bigotry.

But let's not forget the ebil gays converting and corrupting the innocent cherubs.

You beat me to it! The message is supposed to be 'beauty isn't everything,' but then we have three points contrasting that, the witch turning into a "beautiful enchantress," the beast likes Belle because she is pretty, and at the end the beast returns to a person. Everyone keeps praising this movie as a lesson that being smart and reading a lot are good qualities {don't get me wrong, I absolutely believe they are}, but in the end these traits don't save Belle, her looks do. The real moral of the story is 'if you're kidnapped you can learn to love your kidnapper {Stockholm syndrome}, / it's okay if guys treat you poorly, as long as they are rich {imagine this story where the beast is poor, and doesn't give her a library}'

As a side rant I don't like the recurring theme of people using magic being bad witches if they're ugly, but being beautiful enchantresses if they are pretty. If you are developing a fictional world involving magic, you can literally incorporate anything. Stop wasting time on looks.

Lock him up or put him down.
Stolen from Shiny.
March 25, 2017
contemplativeintrovert
addiea raine

You beat me to it! The message is supposed to be 'beauty isn't everything,' but then we have three points contrasting that, the witch turning into a "beautiful enchantress," the beast likes Belle because she is pretty, and at the end the beast returns to a person. Everyone keeps praising this movie as a lesson that being smart and reading a lot are good qualities {don't get me wrong, I absolutely believe they are}, but in the end these traits don't save Belle, her looks do. The real moral of the story is 'if you're kidnapped you can learn to love your kidnapper {Stockholm syndrome}, / it's okay if guys treat you poorly, as long as they are rich {imagine this story where the beast is poor, and doesn't give her a library}'

As a side rant I don't like the recurring theme of people using magic being bad witches if they're ugly, but being beautiful enchantresses if they are pretty. If you are developing a fictional world involving magic, you can literally incorporate anything. Stop wasting time on looks.

I am not a fanboy of Disney and you wouldn't catch me buying tickets to their movies, but I will say that they do an excellent job of re-packaging fairy tales and marketing them toward children and parents. What they do is pretty btrilliant, actually.

But it's your right not to watch. The older I get the more I distrust the mainstream media and the more I have grown to dislike the Hollywood industrial complex. By in large I've grown tired of what passes for quality movies and television entertainment. Tired of political correctness. Tired of obnoxiously wealthy celebrities, their causes, their primadonna personas, and their willful disconnect to the general public.
March 25, 2017
"Cue the hate from the family. He committed suicide"

My uncle with the sex change was about to kill himself decades ago due to the hate and stopped himself. Even today it is the 'ol idea that non gender conforming people are "mentally ill" They will never admit that they way they treated him caused the depression.
March 25, 2017
No.Big.Loss.

There are WAY too many goddamn people in FloriDuh this time of year, road accidents are getting out of control, people do NOT know how to drive - you know, the more out of state people who do NOT come to FloriDuh the better.

I am SO fucking sick and tired of being invaded every goddamn year.

Mr S and I stay off the highway (I-75) at all times, we won't even go anywhere near the beach and cannot because there is no parking for us natives.

I am so fucking sick of it.

We are making plans to move back to AZ later on this year.

I have HAD IT with FloriTard.
March 25, 2017
cfdavep
"Cue the hate from the family. He committed suicide"

My uncle with the sex change was about to kill himself decades ago due to the hate and stopped himself. Even today it is the 'ol idea that non gender conforming people are "mentally ill" They will never admit that they way they treated him caused the depression.

It was a mental illness according to the DSM, called Gender Dysphoria.

I'm sorry about your uncle and I hope he has gotten, or gets, some help for the depression.
March 28, 2017
Yet they are fine with a teenager lusting after a water buffalo....gotcha.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
March 29, 2017
navi8orgirl
Yet they are fine with a teenager lusting after a water buffalo....gotcha.

Ezekiel 23:20.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login