Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Man breaks car window to rescue 2 month-old locked in hot car

Posted by selidororous 
Man breaks car window to rescue 2 month-old locked in hot car
March 30, 2017
IMO this guy is a hero, Moo belongs in jail

Man smashes window with baseball bat to rescue 2-month-old left in hot car

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (CNN) -- A man used a baseball bat to free a 2-month-old left inside a hot car in the parking lot of a Lowe's in Florida.

The Sheriff's Office says Zoya Thomas was arrested after she left the child in the car while she went into the store.

A man walking in the parking lot heard a baby screaming and saw others surrounding the car, according to police. It was 85 degrees and the car was in direct sunlight.

According to the incident report, the man saw the child sweating profusely and was extremely concerned for the child's well-being. He then used a baseball bat to break the window. He grabbed the child and ran inside Lowe's to cool her off.

Police say Thomas claimed she was inside the store for only five minutes to check out paint colors. Police looked at surveillance video and found she was inside the store for 16 minutes.

The windows of the car were only slightly cracked open.

The mother faces charges of child neglect.

....................................................................................

Moo needs to lose "parenting rights" but since this happened in FloriTard I highly doubt that will happen
Re: Man breaks car window to rescue 2 month-old locked in hot car
March 30, 2017
Totally justified because you know Moo would have spent a leisurely hour or two perusing paint colors and doing doG-knows-what-else while her kid roasted.

Many things I don't get about this story:

1. Media coverage: how does anyone not know what happens to a kid in a hot car, and how quickly the car can become a death trap? And if you are too stupid to figure that out, how about just not doing it due to fear of prosecution?. (Not if you are white, overly educated and you "forgot," but I digress.)

2. The loaf was two months old. It's an inert lump. Buy one of those fucking slings and take it with you.

3. You had a kid, Moo, No more carefree errands. Your life has changed. Suck it up and deal.

I hope she loses custody. If she can't deal with a freshly baked loaf, it's not going to get any easier.
The community would be better served if the police brought the proper charge of attempted murder against this mother.
March 31, 2017
Attempted PNA gone wrong

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
"Not every ejaculation deserves a name" - George Carlin
March 31, 2017
Even if she were truthful about how long she had been away from her car, it's still wayyyyyyyy too long because a car heats up awfully fast after you cut the engine and the A/C was turned off. You ever sit in your car for even a minute after cutting the engine and A/C on a hot day in the summer? It's already uncomfortable and you want to get out of the car. At 5 minutes it's only much worse and at 15 you'd be screaming like the kid was.
March 31, 2017
Gee, I guess she should've parked faaaar from the rest of the cars if she wanted this to work
March 31, 2017
they have timed schmoo cows standing around each other mooing and lowing away... to see how long it takes them to notice their fuck trophies are missing or gone (or whatever) they always say 'a few minutes'. the study found it is closer to 15 - 20 minutes.
moooooooooooooooo

two cents ΒΆΒΆ

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
March 31, 2017
LoveToLurk
Attempted PNA gone wrong

Yup. And instead of getting her pre-kid life back, she got a broken window and neglect charges.
April 01, 2017
Believe it or not, I am a certified locksmith (not actually in the trade right now). One of the trade publications some years ago told of a real scenario that happened to a practicing locksmith elsewhere.

A moo had locked her child and the car keys in a car on a hot day. The windows were all up, of course, and the car was shut down, meaning no A/C. The authorities were on the scene, but the moo demanded to get a locksmith first. They called this one.

The moo had wanted him to get the door open without breaking any windows because she didn't want to pay for a broken window, even though her child was clearly already suffering in the heat. On a modern car, it could take an hour or more of careful work with special wire tools to do this, as old-fashioned "slim jims" generally don't work on late-model vehicles. The locksmith explained this to the authorities and told them something like, "It's a life-and-death emergency and there's no time, so break the window." They did. And another PNA was prevented, I suspect.

Part of locksmith training is to realize when an emergency situation demands brute force, such as breaking a window. He did as his training called for. In the same way, this man was correct to break this other window to save the child when the mother had been gone a while. Bravo to him.
April 01, 2017
Attempted PNA probably due to buyer's remorse.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login