Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Moo tells me how to train my dog

Moo tells me how to train my dog
April 01, 2017
I was walking Audi this morning and he was doing ok for most of the walk. When he pulls, if there isn't anything I need to get him away from, I stop and wait for him to settle down before going on. The internet tells me this will train him not to pull, because pulling will get him the opposite of what he wants. This usually works. If there is something I want to get him away from {people, cats, kids} I pull the leash to get his attention and run in the opposite direction. I do this because 1. Zach George suggested it and 2. I want to "catch" him before he gets too interested in whatever it is. If I can get him to run with me, he won't pull as much, whereas if he is allowed any time with whatever it is, I am pretty much out of luck.

About halfway home I passed a car parked in the street. There was a kid in the car making noise and that caught Audi's attention. Audi started to pull, so I pulled the leash a little and continued walking. Moo comes out and the sound of the door gets his attention again. After a short bit of tugging I get him to run with me. Moo FOLLOWS ME down the street in her car. Moo rolls down the window to tell me "girl, when he does that you need to take the leash and hit him." Then drives off. saying 'wtf' Is my dog perfectly trained? No, I am still working on getting him to listen on walks, and when there are distractions around. But seriously? Following me and telling me to hit him? Can you imagine if a CF person told a moo to smack their shrieking child? Moo would cry to social media about the ebil CFer trying to tell "mama bear" how to parent her child.

It just irks me to no end that breeders won't smack their kids, even though they deserve it {and trust me, I see a lot of kids that would deserve it}, but they suggest hitting dogs. saying 'wtf'

Lock him up or put him down.
Stolen from Shiny.
Re: Moo tells me how to train my dog
April 01, 2017
I knew that becoming a mother made you a doctor, a chef, a teacher, etc., but now I know that it makes you a dog trainer as well! God, they are all insufferable know-it-alls.
April 01, 2017
there's a wise ass remark about smacking a brat on its 'ickle nose with a newspaper in here somewhere.

Being a Moo makes all things her business? Sick!
April 03, 2017
I guarantee you're doing a better job of raising your dog than she is raising her kid.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login