Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

That 11 year old who commit suicide

Posted by cfdavep 
That 11 year old who commit suicide
April 07, 2017
https://www.yahoo.com/beauty/11-old-boy-kills-himself-210449928.html

Apparently his "girlfriend" pranked him with a fake suicide and he followed and killed himself, I guess to "be with her" or something. Some people are saying that the boy's parents were not involved with him and just let social media take over his life. It's odd to have a girlfriend at 11, wouldn't he still want a treehouse with a no girls allowed sign in front. Also an 11 year old has no idea of the permanance of death. Weird story
Re: That 11 year old who commit suicide
April 07, 2017
There's something more to this story.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
April 08, 2017
The schools try to pressure kids to date younger and younger all the time. When I was in public middle school for one year, my parents thought there was something wrong with the fact they had school dances that were open to kids in the 6th grade, which was the age this kid would be. This isn't something new because I was in that school over 30 years ago.

There's always something more to the story though, and I wonder what it is.

JD
April 08, 2017

There's something more to this story.

I agree and I would be looking really hard at his home life.
April 08, 2017
JohnDrake
The schools try to pressure kids to date younger and younger all the time. When I was in public middle school for one year, my parents thought there was something wrong with the fact they had school dances that were open to kids in the 6th grade, which was the age this kid would be. This isn't something new because I was in that school over 30 years ago.

There's always something more to the story though, and I wonder what it is.

JD

Without question, there is something more to this story. I have no doubt.

And I'm with you--6th grade is too young to be dating or having girlfriends. While there is nothing wrong with young men and young ladies enjoying each other's company, the idea that a relationship could be deemed serious enough by an 11 year old to warrant suicide... that's bizarre. And this is purely speculation, but for a kid to think this way he either has to be 1.) very troubled, or 2.) been taught the idea that dating/relationships ARE in fact serious, at this age. And some adult would have to teach him that.

From the Story...
Authorities in Marquette, Michigan, confirm that charges of malicious use of a telecommunication services and using a computer to commit a crime have been brought against an unidentified juvenile after the boy was found unresponsive from a suicide attempt on March 14.

Marquette police declined to identify either juvenile involved and said only that the boy who died was “engaged in communication with another juvenile via social media prior to the incident.”

This case is indeed a tragedy. But from a legal and ethical standpoint I must ask... so what? No one murdered this young man, no one forced him to commit suicide. As tragic as this is, charging the other juveniles with a crime sets a very questionable precedent for 1st Amendment Rights online. Virtually every survivor of a suicide or self-injury could claim some kind of "distress" from remarks they read online. This could lead to unfair persecution of all kinds of people, and/or widespread thought policing or censorship.
April 08, 2017
I cannot even find a school name mentioned for where this boy was attending. I am wondering if this so-called junior high school is not physically attached to a high school - the way some public junior high/high school buildings are nowadays. We had one in the suburb I grew up in.

And I agree that 11 is WAY too young to be dating. But then the girl in question was 13, which is also way too young to be dating.

I guess what I find scary is just how impressionable youth can be when this sort of thing takes place - so-called pranks, like this one committed by the girl. The boy should have just given her an eyeroll instead.
April 09, 2017
selidororous
I cannot even find a school name mentioned for where this boy was attending. I am wondering if this so-called junior high school is not physically attached to a high school - the way some public junior high/high school buildings are nowadays. We had one in the suburb I grew up in.

And I agree that 11 is WAY too young to be dating. But then the girl in question was 13, which is also way too young to be dating.

I guess what I find scary is just how impressionable youth can be when this sort of thing takes place - so-called pranks, like this one committed by the girl. The boy should have just given her an eyeroll instead.

When I was in that messed up public middle school, some of these girls, who were 12-14, acted really slutty towards the boys, sometimes as form of bullying and if it was reported all we got was an "aww, she likes you." I don't want to think of what it is like now.

JD
April 15, 2017
JohnDrake
selidororous

When I was in that messed up public middle school, some of these girls, who were 12-14, acted really slutty towards the boys, sometimes as form of bullying and if it was reported all we got was an "aww, she likes you." I don't want to think of what it is like now.

JD

It really is sad when my gender treats guys that way I tend to believe that a population segment of girls and women have no clue how to treat boys or men in the USA - I know we in the western world tend to complain how girls and women are treated in certain parts of the world like the Middle East but that goes both ways.

And I can totally understand why guys would be turned off by girls who act that way whether it be in school, the office, or anywhere else.
April 15, 2017
selidororous

It really is sad when my gender treats guys that way I tend to believe that a population segment of girls and women have no clue how to treat boys or men in the USA - I know we in the western world tend to complain how girls and women are treated in certain parts of the world like the Middle East but that goes both ways.

And I can totally understand why guys would be turned off by girls who act that way whether it be in school, the office, or anywhere else.

I don't think we can compare the barbarism of female genital mutilation and public stonings for adultery to anything that happens in western societies.

I say, girls and guys can act however they want, and if the opposite sex doesn't like it, they can tell them to go pound sand. Generally speaking, bad behavior stems from what is tolerated. For example, girls wouldn't charge guys simply to communicate with them on Tinder if some idiot guy wasn't willing to pay for it.
April 15, 2017
StudioFiftyFour
selidororous

I don't think we can compare the barbarism of female genital mutilation and public stonings for adultery to anything that happens in western societies.

I say, girls and guys can act however they want, and if the opposite sex doesn't like it, they can tell them to go pound sand. Generally speaking, bad behavior stems from what is tolerated. For example, girls wouldn't charge guys simply to communicate with them on Tinder if some idiot guy wasn't willing to pay for it.

I was not thinking of FGM or stoning for adultery, I was thinking more along the lines of general constant degredation. Granted, that may happen here in the USA but is not considered socially acceptable, whereas in certain parts of the world, it is considered socially acceptable.
April 19, 2017
Yeah, kids sometimes commit suicide but it's usually because of underlying mental illness rather than an isolated incident, be it bullying or something like this. The kid looks sad in the eyes in the pics I've seen of him. It's possible he had depression and this was the final straw. And no telling what was going on at home.

One thing is certain: kids should never have unrestricted, unsupervised access to social media or the internet. I miss the days when cell phones were for emergencies only and kids still did things like build treehouses and ride bikes. Now they're all glued to their phones/tablets/laptops/whatever. And this is the result.
April 20, 2017
trance formation usa
One thing is certain: kids should never have unrestricted, unsupervised access to social media or the internet. I miss the days when cell phones were for emergencies only and kids still did things like build treehouses and ride bikes. Now they're all glued to their phones/tablets/laptops/whatever. And this is the result.

100% correct, my friend. thumbs up

And don't forget the ancillary result... cries among influential people among us to police, and censor, the internet.

This, of course, is insane.

Anything you put online can be criticized. If you can't handle the fact that some people won't agree with what you write, then don't put it online. And parents should be extra vigilant with any minors who are online. It's not the job of "the village" to restrict speech and expression because parents won't do their job.
April 20, 2017
there was a case (in Ohio I think) where some woman faked love notes from her husbands best friend, trying for attention. he went out and shot the guy and killed him.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
April 21, 2017
StudioFiftyFour
Anything you put online can be criticized. If you can't handle the fact that some people won't agree with what you write, then don't put it online. And parents should be extra vigilant with any minors who are online. It's not the job of "the village" to restrict speech and expression because parents won't do their job.

This reminds me of the expression "It is not the world's job to prepare itself for your child, it is YOUR job to prepare your child for the world".

Agreeing with others who have said there must have been a pre-existing factor that contributed to his suicide - dynamite doesn't light itself.
April 21, 2017
twocents

That was in Dayton Ohio. I was living there at the time.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login