Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Annual brat memorials

Posted by Cambion 
Annual brat memorials
April 10, 2017
This is shit I see in the paper now and again, and I almost always see it exclusively done for decedents under the age of 18: parents who take out an ad every single year to yammer on about their dead kids.

I don't get it. I'm not saying they shouldn't grieve for a child they lost because it always hurts to lose someone you love even after many years, but what the hell is the point of paying to publish crap like, "I miss you so much, Jimmy. You would have been 32 today, but the Lord decided to call you home early. I love you so much, blah blah sappy shit, Love Mommy" aside from attention-whoring? Do these parents think their annual memorial ads will bring back their dead kids or something? Does it somehow aid in the grieving process to spend money year after year for someone who died? Do they worry they were shitty parents and think these ads will make up for their (potentially or actually) shitty parenting? Do they want to remind everyone in the county that their child is, in fact, still dead? One parent in my town takes out an ad every single year that takes up the entire back page of the paper for her grown kid that died over in Iraq like ten years ago. That has to be costing them four figures, and for what? A big picture? What a fucking waste.

It's not like there's contact information in a memorial ad, so people can't call, write or email the grieving heifer and tell her how sorry they are that her kid died unless they know her personally, so it even fails as an attention-whoring attempt. If the kid died from something that has a cause behind it (childhood illness, something related to safety, murder, abuse, etc.), why not take the money you'd normally waste on an ad and put it toward supporting a cause that matches whatever Junior died from? Or maybe raise money and awareness for the cause? If the cause of death was something totally preventable, maybe take the opportunity to speak to other similarly-aged kids in schools about what happened and how they can avoid meeting the same fate themselves.

Maybe I'm an insensitive cunt, I don't know. The whole thing just seems pointless to me.
Re: Annual brat memorials
April 11, 2017
They know no one in general will question there reasoning for it, because grief is one of those untouchable subjects that bleeding hearts will walk on eggshells & mollycoddle for. Slimy, manipulative, snowflakes looking to be mollycoddled, will milk it till they get their fix.
Re: Annual brat memorials
April 11, 2017
and bad news, Cambion--most newspapers these days have websites with links to "remembrance" sections.SO anyone who reads it CAN leave sympathetic, soppy comments
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login