I HAD to get an Easter gift for Loafly
April 12, 2017
So .... dh and I were on the subject of going to lunch with Harpi and Nephew next week. He asked "are you getting they baybeee anything for Easter?"

It's an infant! It won't care! He said I should do something.

Okay... went to the DOLAR STORE (LOL) and picked up a pkg of baybee wash clothes, pasifier, teething ring, diaper disposal bags and a ducky sponge for baths. Will put it in a nice little celophane wrap (when I am doing the baskets for my other friends) and put a cut little tag on it that will say...."CLEAN AND QUIET" No candy.. no toys... just stuff to keep it quiet and clean. Think they'll get the message? LOL
Re: I HAD to get an Easter gift for Loafly
April 12, 2017
I find it funny that most men would never think of these little things.....that is, until there's a situation they know WE don't want to. LOL
April 12, 2017
No offense at all here, but I would get tired fast of my spouse harping about nephew's kid, first visiting, then holding, now a gift. I think I would start asking when this shit will end. I guess I am not one for patience. Again not trying to tell you what to do
April 12, 2017
Oh I told him I didn't want to get the loaf anything and he said that was fine... but then... I got this brainstorm about 'quiet and clean' (which is the only way I'll even be in a room with a kyd) So I'm doing it for the 'look' I'll probably get from the Moo. If said Moo even gets the joke. If I was getting it for a kyd or parunt of said kyd that I liked.. I first of all would have NOT gone to Dollar Tree.. and the gift would have been maybe a cute outfit or something and I would have spent far more than $5. LOL
April 13, 2017
cfdavep
No offense at all here, but I would get tired fast of my spouse harping about nephew's kid, first visiting, then holding, now a gift. I think I would start asking when this shit will end. I guess I am not one for patience. Again not trying to tell you what to do

Yeah, I have no patience for the kind of men who think it's a woman's job (wife or secretary) to make sure social obligations are met (gifts purchased, cards sent out, family members appropriately entertained). Either do it yourself or it doesn't get done...and I usually lean toward the not bothering side of pointless obligations.

But I guess in Starlady's case there's the additional concern that he'll lavish too much money on Dimwit and Harpy, if he's left to his own devices.
April 14, 2017
The little gift turned out so cute... little gifties all done like a celophane wrapped gift set with a little bow on top and then a little computer printed card that reads: Clean and Quiet = Everybody's Happy ROFL!! Will see what happens when I give it to them on Monday.
April 15, 2017
starlady
Oh I told him I didn't want to get the loaf anything and he said that was fine... but then... I got this brainstorm about 'quiet and clean' (which is the only way I'll even be in a room with a kyd) So I'm doing it for the 'look' I'll probably get from the Moo. If said Moo even gets the joke. If I was getting it for a kyd or parunt of said kyd that I liked.. I first of all would have NOT gone to Dollar Tree.. and the gift would have been maybe a cute outfit or something and I would have spent far more than $5. LOL

I love how passive/aggressive this is. bouncing smileys
April 15, 2017
It is what it is... and I will cope better with my little brainstorms. Even if they don't 'get it'.. I put the message out there anyway. LOL

We are going shopping at the outlet mall after we eat.... and I can't wait to just get lost in the crowd and leave them behind. Shopping with a loaf? I don't think so. She'll probably have the HUGE stroller and be in everyone's way as they stop to coo over the thing. Nope.. I will take one side of the mall while they baybee stalk the other.

No.. dh will NOT buy them anything. He is very much against that. They're getting a meal at Olive Garden from us and that's it.

Maybe we'll luck out and loafly will be all fussy and they'll have to go home early....I can hope.
April 16, 2017
I am not a fan of malls. When I am at one, it's because I have a specific item I need to buy. I walk in, buy it, pay, leave. But...I realize that a lot of people enjoy browsing and window-shopping...proven by the fact that malls still exist. They'd have died out decades ago were that not the case. Add a baby to that...ugh. Double pointlessness.

As I said before...set a firm time limit. Set up this agreement in advance with Mr. starlady. Make sure that Nephew and Harpi have their own transportation so that when you hit that time limit, you can light out for a well-deserved reward.

At first I wondered why you didn't tell Mr. starlady to buy the gift himself..but I can understand wanting to enforce a spending limit.
April 16, 2017
soo-what's the report!? I am waiting to hear the gory details!
April 16, 2017
I think the Grand Event is supposed to happen tomorrow.
April 16, 2017
heh.. yeah.. the 'grand event' is tomorrow.. the17th. I will report. Think I'll indulge in a beverage from the bar during dinner. LOL
April 17, 2017
OH.. and it's a Tanger Outlet Mall.. not one of those closed in places. I dont' like those either. Outlet mall is okay.. for walking off lunch but not with a loaf in tow.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login