Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Duh running Boston Marathon for unborn tard

Posted by cfdavep 
Duh running Boston Marathon for unborn tard
April 12, 2017
https://gma.yahoo.com/dad-runs-boston-marathon-honor-unborn-daughter-down-172205326--abc-news-parenting.html

Duh and wife checked for Down's and came up snake eyes at 11 weeks along. They decided not to abort and now tard will be born in a month. Duh is running the Boston Marathon for Downs whether he will get donations or not, I do not know. I posted he will need to run a lot of races for extra cash until they are too old to look after it and then the taxpayers can take over.
Re: Duh running Boston Marathon for unborn tard
April 12, 2017
I have no sympathy for this couple or for others who purposefully bring severely physically, physiologically and emotionally handicapped children into the world. To me, this is a form of child abuse. Climb down from the cross, mombie, we need the wood.

This just reeks of attention whoring.
April 12, 2017
owlwoman
I have no sympathy for this couple or for others who purposefully bring severely physically, physiologically and emotionally handicapped children into the world. To me, this is a form of child abuse. Climb down from the cross, mombie, we need the wood.

Exactly
April 12, 2017
owlwoman

Generally speaking marathon running has that odor to it in and of itself.
April 12, 2017
I notice those window decals that say 13.1 or 26.2 and the other ones 0.0, meaning they know it is attention whoring.
April 12, 2017
cfdavep
I notice those window decals that say 13.1 or 26.2 and the other ones 0.0, meaning they know it is attention whoring.

They're interesting events in that they take hours upon hours, cripple entire cities, disrupt commerce, cause miles of traffic jams... and for what reason? So a select group of people can run for no particular purpose, until their nipples bleed and they poop their pants?

No offense to the marathoners in here... but really, you are disrupting everyone else's life.
April 12, 2017
Yeah, I think more often than not, its just self righteous attention whoring.

Look at me!! I'm so aware of this problem the marathon is for!! I'm so ethical & noble, sacrificing time & energy for this!! Give me nods of approval & pats on the back!!

eye rolling smiley
April 12, 2017
retro lizard

Look at me!! I'm so aware of this problem the marathon is for!! I'm so ethical & noble, sacrificing time & energy for this!! Give me nods of approval & pats on the back!!

eye rolling smiley

Do you know what their response to that will be?

"Oh you are just a lazy slob. You don't know the joys of running, the adrenaline rush, and the amount of time I train for these events! And it's all for a great cause!!!"

I say it's all about narcissism, self-promotion, and virtue signaling. If they really loved running so much they would simply do it without being so grandiose and disrupting an entire city, in many cases.

If these folks love marathon running so much, they should run around their own houses 7,000 times, and leave the rest of us alone.
April 12, 2017
StudioFiftyFour
retro lizard

eye rolling smiley

Do you know what their response to that will be?

"Oh you are just a lazy slob. You don't know the joys of running, the adrenaline rush, and the amount of time I train for these events! And it's all for a great cause!!!"

I say it's all about narcissism, self-promotion, and virtue signaling. If they really loved running so much they would simply do it without being so grandiose and disrupting an entire city, in many cases.

If these folks love marathon running so much, they should run around their own houses 7,000 times, and leave the rest of us alone.

Yeah, virtue signalling, how could I forget to mention that. I agree, its also about narcissism, self promotion, & leaving the rest of us alone. It reminds me of when I heard about these local bigwigs practically shutting down the entire downtown area because they were holding their lifescript contract ceremony(wedding), at the relatively upscale local hotel. Nobody fucking cares, especially the poor locals who have more pressing things to be concerned about, than lavish attention whore parties.
April 12, 2017
I don't know who the fuck in their right mind would willingly bring a child they know is sick into the world, not only because of the burden it will place on them, but because of the suffering the child itself will have to endure forever (or however long forever is, depending on the sickness). I agree - it should be considered child abuse to intentionally give birth to a child you know is fucked up. Any other time you force a kid into a situation where it will suffer physically/mentally/emotionally, it's abuse, so why not this? Same with sluicing when you've been binge drinking and doing every drug known to man for the duration of your pregnancy.

I know it can be possible to have a tolerable life with Down syndrome, but regardless of the severity of an individual case, I don't think people with Down's can actually live independent lives. They will always need someone to take care of them. What precisely is raising money for awareness going to do? The only awareness people should need is that they should be ashamed of themselves for forcing a child into existence who will be fucked right from the start. All these parents care about is ME ME ME and nobody else, especially not the child who will never ever be normal. They see ass pats and sympathy awaiting them on the horizon, but what they do not see are the daily struggles of dealing with a Downy tard that will rival those of a normal child tenfold.

"As parents, we want her to feel like she can achieve anything,"

You aren't parents yet, and that's precisely the attitude that leads to failure. No child should ever be told they can do anything, regardless of their intellectual capabilities. The fact of the matter is that you can try your best at something and still fail, and this is even more true for the developmentally disabled. Hopefully the kid is too stupid to understand the concept of failure because I guarantee it'll be a mainstay in the kid's life.

Selfish assholes. Put the thing out of its misery while it's still a clump.
April 13, 2017
I loathe dedications along the lines of "I'm doing this for ---!" No, you're doing it for yourself.

I don't mind acknowledgements associated with achieving something difficult provided they are logical ("I'd like to thank --- and ---, who supervised my dissertation") and not blown out of proportion ("I'd like to thank my parents and my siblings and God for helping me become who I am today").

But dedications, especially ones for 'causes' just seem like attention-whoring and/or virtue signaling, especially when the person has yet to actually do what they've set out to do. Here's the thing: you are not important, and nobody gives a fuck what inspires you. Only the most tawdry fluff pieces care about 'motivation', and only if the person is at least a B-lister. Outside of the people who are close to you, nobody cares. Even when I'm reading a book by an author I really like, I don't bother to read the acknowledgements.

I don't care why this fuckwit runs a marathon any more than he cares why I got out of bed this morning. It is exceptionally tacky and reeks of desperation when someone tries to make a media event out of something which could only be of interest to his own family. All this noise and fuss just makes me wish he'd take a long run off a short pier.
April 13, 2017
jamesclear.com/mental-toughness-marathon-monks

There is such a thing as the Marathon Monks. They do this for enlightenment unlike marathoners who run for bragging rights. I guess the price of failure is suicide, so I would have to say they take this seriously
April 13, 2017
How does running a marathon honor anything? Why not do something that might help someone, like volunteer to babysit a Downy so you can simultaneously give parents a break and see what you're in for? But, I guess if it's the last time for the rest of your life that you will have the time and energy to go jogging I can see wanting to make a thing out of it.

I ran this morning to honor all the child-free heroes and to raise awareness for all the whales in the ocean. Sadly, no one noticed.
April 13, 2017
The only time running a marathon to raise awareness made sense was the woman who carried a water bucket on her run to illustrate the distance women have to walk every day just to get water in her country. It made sense because the two things were somewhat related and it made it easier for others to relate walking 26 miles per day for water to the distance of a marathon.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
April 13, 2017
Cambion
I don't know who the fuck in their right mind would willingly bring a child they know is sick into the world, not only because of the burden it will place on them, but because of the suffering the child itself will have to endure forever (or however long forever is, depending on the sickness). I agree - it should be considered child abuse to intentionally give birth to a child you know is fucked up. Any other time you force a kid into a situation where it will suffer physically/mentally/emotionally, it's abuse, so why not this? Same with sluicing when you've been binge drinking and doing every drug known to man for the duration of your pregnancy.

I know it can be possible to have a tolerable life with Down syndrome, but regardless of the severity of an individual case, I don't think people with Down's can actually live independent lives. They will always need someone to take care of them. What precisely is raising money for awareness going to do? The only awareness people should need is that they should be ashamed of themselves for forcing a child into existence who will be fucked right from the start. All these parents care about is ME ME ME and nobody else, especially not the child who will never ever be normal. They see ass pats and sympathy awaiting them on the horizon, but what they do not see are the daily struggles of dealing with a Downy tard that will rival those of a normal child tenfold.

You aren't parents yet, and that's precisely the attitude that leads to failure. No child should ever be told they can do anything, regardless of their intellectual capabilities. The fact of the matter is that you can try your best at something and still fail, and this is even more true for the developmentally disabled. Hopefully the kid is too stupid to understand the concept of failure because I guarantee it'll be a mainstay in the kid's life.

This

paragon schnitzophonic
The only time running a marathon to raise awareness made sense was the woman who carried a water bucket on her run to illustrate the distance women have to walk every day just to get water in her country. It made sense because the two things were somewhat related and it made it easier for others to relate walking 26 miles per day for water to the distance of a marathon.
See, now that makes sense.

yurble
I loathe dedications along the lines of "I'm doing this for ---!" No, you're doing it for yourself.

I don't mind acknowledgements associated with achieving something difficult provided they are logical ("I'd like to thank --- and ---, who supervised my dissertation") and not blown out of proportion ("I'd like to thank my parents and my siblings and God for helping me become who I am today").

But dedications, especially ones for 'causes' just seem like attention-whoring and/or virtue signaling, especially when the person has yet to actually do what they've set out to do. Here's the thing: you are not important, and nobody gives a fuck what inspires you. Only the most tawdry fluff pieces care about 'motivation', and only if the person is at least a B-lister. Outside of the people who are close to you, nobody cares. Even when I'm reading a book by an author I really like, I don't bother to read the acknowledgements.

I don't care why this fuckwit runs a marathon any more than he cares why I got out of bed this morning. It is exceptionally tacky and reeks of desperation when someone tries to make a media event out of something which could only be of interest to his own family. All this noise and fuss just makes me wish he'd take a long run off a short pier.
Exactly. This type of shit, along with the aforementioned, practically placing the entire downtown area on lock down for your lavish lifescript contract kegar, is pretentious as hell.
April 14, 2017
http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMsa1614073

https://hbr.org/2017/04/when-roads-are-closed-for-marathons-more-elderly-people-die-of-heart-attacks

http://www.empr.com/news/major-marathons-mortality-cardiovascular-heart-attack/article/650417/

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2017/04/12/marathon-deaths-/100385590/

kill them so we can be entertained,

asshats

Cambion

I agree! There are so many illnesses that have a very high incidence in Down's syndrome sufferers, it is really pretty heartless to force another human being into this world to go through that. Quality of life means a hell of a lot!
April 14, 2017
thom_c

kill them so we can be entertained,

asshats

Well, that's where the irony comes in. I've yet to meet a person who finds "entertainment" in these events. The only thing these events do is snarl traffic, impede commerce, inconvenience everyone, and prevent police, fire, and EMTs from doing their jobs. No matter the "cause" for these events, it does not mitigate the destructive nature of them.

Therefore, "I'm running for [insert cause here]" is wholly irrelevant. And if it was REALLY about the love of running (and not attention whoring) you'd run around your own property all day and leave the rest of us alone.
April 15, 2017
Because this planet is not overpopulated enough as it is.

And this guy's running a marathon for his bratling-to-be might make it sounds like he is doing it for bratling but in reality, it is all about himself.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login