Kid darwinizes self somehow in rotating resturant

Posted by cfdavep 
Kid darwinizes self somehow in rotating resturant
April 16, 2017
https://www.yahoo.com/news/boy-5-dies-being-stuck-063159704.html

Kid manages to kill himself in one as he was allowed to be free range
Another post natal abortion
April 16, 2017
Via rotating restaurant. http://www.rawstory.com/2017/04/child-crushed-to-death-in-accident-at-atlanta-revolving-restaurant/#.WPL4uvEpfBg.facebook

These restaurants move VERY slowly. I wonder how long their "backs were turned for a second" actually was?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What is a home without children? Quiet. ~Henny Youngman

I don't want people who want to dance, I want people who have to dance. ~George Balanchine

"I took the batteries out of my biological clock and put them in my vibrator"
Re: Kid darwinizes self somehow in rotating resturant
April 16, 2017
While it was definitely a horrible event, there is A LOT of commentary on the yahoo article asking the obvious question: why were the parents allowing their five year old child to run free-range through the restaurant?

Why indeed.
April 16, 2017
well,because they think it is their right to set the little bastard free to roam anywhere they are!
April 16, 2017
Oh, oh, now parents going to Disney will have another PNA idea, off their kid on the Carousel of Progress.
April 16, 2017
Kids are worthless little fuckers, but goddamn if they aren't masters at finding creative ways of killing themselves. How fucking long did the parents have to ignore their widdle snookums for him to somehow get stuck in a 4-inch gap between the floor, the wall and a table? When negligent parents decide that their responsibilities are suspended in restaurants and other public venues, it's almost always their kids who wind up paying the price. Why weren't they making their kid sit down and shut up instead of letting the little idiot wander around?

I'm sure the "distraught" parents will sue (if they haven't already) and get a big fat settlement for what boils down to neglecting their child to death, and now the restaurant will have to spend many thousands of dollars child-proofing the place so no one else's brain-dead munchkin gets stuck in the fucking wall and dies.
April 16, 2017
This was a great comment to the Yahoo news article (emphasis mine):

So sick of parents who think every public space is a playground for their kids. He wasn't doing "what kids do," he was doing what unsupervised kids do, and they are doing it more and more every year. If you can't control them, keep them at home until you can.

I hope the parents sue but LOSE, because they don't deserve a dime.
April 17, 2017
deegee
This was a great comment to the Yahoo news article (emphasis mine):

So sick of parents who think every public space is a playground for their kids. He wasn't doing "what kids do," he was doing what unsupervised kids do, and they are doing it more and more every year. If you can't control them, keep them at home until you can.

I hope the parents sue but LOSE, because they don't deserve a dime.

THIS!!the world 'fail' on flames (meaning the parents, of course).
April 17, 2017
The family was visitors to our city. They were up enjoying one of our favorite attractions, the restaurant and just things went horribly wrong

The parents were enjoying themselves so much, they ignored the little human they made together so he could wander off and get injured by knocking into a waiter carrying hot soup or caught in the shifting wall.
April 17, 2017
Cambion
I'm sure the "distraught" parents will sue (if they haven't already) and get a big fat settlement for what boils down to neglecting their child to death, and now the restaurant will have to spend many thousands of dollars child-proofing the place so no one else's brain-dead munchkin gets stuck in the fucking wall and dies.

The parents should be awarded a settlement... and then promptly be charged for child endangerment and neglect. If I were the judge I'd give 'em 20 years behind bars to think about how they'd spend their settlement money.

A 5 year old is getting mangled and crushed to death while "wandering" and the parents are nowhere to be found? Outrageous. Throw the book at them and these kinds of "accidents" will be reduced tenfold.
April 17, 2017
I bet the parents had a buzz on and let the kid explore and it cost him his life.
Half the people on RawStory in the comments are on the side of the parents, most of them blaming the building designer, as if anyone could see the results of crap parenting. I think they are parents themselves and they do not want society to go back to a world where kids would have to stay at the table, get permission to leave and be taken to the bathroom if they have to go. That would be too much work so they just let them go.
April 17, 2017
Back in the dark ages, aka when I was raised, kids were raised to go places and shut up/keep their hands to themselves, etc., so they wouldn't be insufferable to be around and damage other people's property.

Parents of today don't give a shit if their little precious is an insufferable, badly behaved twat--they feel that since they are suffering with the implications of having a child, so should everyone else. And if Shitney destroys something, it's the fault of the person who didn't chyld-proof the entire world.

But the sit down/shut up/keep-your-hands-to-yourself philosophy had some benefits--it kept kids from offing themselves due to their own stupidity.

Also, why is a five year old in an upscale restaurant like this? Take the little shits to Chuckie Cheese.
April 17, 2017
That restaurant has been around since 1972 and this is the first time in 45 years that anybody, let alone a fucking child, managed to get mangled. As others have said, that restaurant rotates slowly, so that kid was away from the table, out of his breeders' sight for a significant amount of time. Furthermore, it was the minimum-wage restaurant employees who got to be traumatized for life by prying the child's body out because they didn't know where the breeders were.

First time in a 45-year history that somebody dies from getting crushed by the rotation, and yet it's somehow the fault of the architect or the staff? What they're trying to say is that The Village™ failed in its job to watch somebody else's child and prevent them from Darwinizing themselves because parents deserve a night out to have fun and they shouldn't have to pay for a babysitter to do so nor should they have to interrupt their night out by actually parenting their child. Breeders always make the excuse that they can't possibly teach their child how to behave in a restaurant if they don't take their child to a restaurant, but then they never actually do so.

First time in 45 years that a child dies in a rotating restaurant and the only thing that changed is that in 2017, breeders let children act like the whole world is a playground. The lessons to be learned is that if you want a night out, pay for a babysitter and that restaurants (and all public venues for that matter) that aren't specifically marketed to be breeder-friendly need to outright ban children. Until people can go back to actually being parents, their children aren't allowed in places better than a Chuck-E-Cheese's. Bring back the clear delineation between kid/family places and adult places. The line has clearly been blurred to the point of nonexistence.

I hope this means we've reached the apex of making the world child-friendly and accepting "kids will be kids" as an excuse now that a child has died horribly from parental neglect.

I hope that the $50 they saved from not hiring a babysitter and the fear of their child being mad at them for five seconds helps them sleep at night.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan

April 17, 2017
Here is some local coverage of it.

The police is saying he was "4-5 feet away" but the article reads he was "at another table." Are the tables really that close together?

The same police spokesperson said this in another article:

The child was in the restaurant having lunch with his family and doing what small children do, the child's 5 years old,” said Sgt. Pickard. “He wandered away from the table and was somehow able to get lodged in between the rotating floor and the wall and the table.”

Doing what small children do when their parents aren't watching them.

And he also says they think "the child panicked" when he got away from his parents and somehow stuck himself in the wall?

Why is he panicking if he's only 4-5 feet away? Something isn't adding up.
April 17, 2017
I hope they don't get anything. I am so fucking sick of hearing "kids will be kids," or he was "just doing what kids do," to absolve breeders from responsibility for the "most important thing" in their lives. Yet if breeders are negligent and their sprog gets hit by a car or drowns in someone's pool, it's no longer "kids will be kids," but a failure on the part of The Village. If anyone has any idea on how to stop this train of idiocy, enlighten me. I'm losing faith in humanity faster every day.

Lock him up or put him down.
Stolen from Shiny.
April 18, 2017
I would be SO fucking PISSSED if I was trying to enjoy a nice meal in a revolving restaurant with my spouse and some idiot child decides to darwinize itself in this way.
April 19, 2017
What a bizarre way to die. Didn't even know that was possible! The More You Know...

I'll echo what everyone else has said about the parents letting him run loose in a restaurant like it was a playground. That should NEVER happen unless it's Chuck E. Cheese, and even then you supervise your damn kids.
April 19, 2017
Any time breeders let their children run rampant, it's because they don't want them around. Well, their kid will never annoy them again. Maybe they were even hoping that if they let him loose often enough, eventually he wouldn't come back.

Sounds like a subconscious PNA to me.
April 19, 2017
Even if they do sue, there can be a counter suit for negligent supervision. It's just like the zoos where no one has ever fallen in 25-35 yrs and suddenly moo cant keep control of her bundle of brats, a kid falls in and force staff to shoot a gorilla.
April 20, 2017
April 20, 2017
Cambion
Kids are worthless little fuckers, but goddamn if they aren't masters at finding creative ways of killing themselves. How fucking long did the parents have to ignore their widdle snookums for him to somehow get stuck in a 4-inch gap between the floor, the wall and a table? When negligent parents decide that their responsibilities are suspended in restaurants and other public venues, it's almost always their kids who wind up paying the price. Why weren't they making their kid sit down and shut up instead of letting the little idiot wander around?

Cambion, if the studies (which have been done) are accurate, about 20 minutes.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
Breeders now suing rotating restaurant
November 19, 2017
https://www.yahoo.com/news/family-sues-death-boy-5-215429317.html

This must've happned a year or more ago. The free range sprog got himself caught up against the wall in the restaurant and died. Strange how the breeders took this long to sue
Re: Breeders now suing rotating restaurant
November 20, 2017
I'm wondering, wouldn't places like this with this gimmick have emergency shut off buttons (and every worker trained to know what to do and where they are) just to prevent this kind of thing? Especially if they have to have people servicing some area that is in the 'rotation zone' or whomever has to clean the windows, that would make them at risk for getting crushed.

I think after this, it simply might be in the restaurant's (and childrens') best interest to simply ban children under a certain age. That way stuff like this can be prevented, especially with a gimmick that might tempt a curious child to get too close.
November 20, 2017
Makes no sense to have small children in a romantic restaurant (which is the atmosphere most rotating restaurants try to cultivate).

And as usual, we called it: they will now try to get $$$ to make up for their "lapse" in parenting.
November 20, 2017
This happened in April. The parents recently filed suit against the restaurant, so the story has made the news again.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login