Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

More Airline Problems...

Posted by StudioFiftyFour 
Re: More Airline Problems...
May 04, 2017
Dr. Feelgood took the settlement money and ran. While I was pissed to see United roll over so easily, I also wondered what ambulance chaser tells their client to take the first offer. Methinks there was way more to the picture than his lawyers wanted public...like his actual medical records.

The Delta one is interesting. The empty seat was purchased for their 18 year old kid, but he took an earlier flight.

Did they pay for the second seat, which means that seat would still be theirs....or did they do what everyone else does and use the existing fare for the earlier flight, which renders that seat ampty and available.

I suspect the second. Once the behind the coucher boarded the earlier flight, his name was removed from his original seat. Not their seat anymore.

But at least three pilot friends and some F/As are saying that passengers are now showing their collective asses with phone cameras at the ready. hoping for a big payday.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
May 04, 2017
The two questions I have about the Delta problem are:

(1) Did the older kid use the ticket originally intended for travel on the other flight? That is, was the money used for that ticket transferrable to his new flight? If so, then the seat on his original flight was empty and could be resold to another passenger. There was no mention in the article about someone else claiming the seat, so I tend to doubt it. Also, Schear obtained a boarding pass after canceling the older kid's ticket and buying a new one, so the airline knew what the Schears were doing and approved of it.

(2) Was the car seat they brought onto the plane an "approved child safety seat," so Schear could use it in the vacant seat? If so, then the Delta FA was surely in error saying the kid couldn't be in a seat at all.

Even if Delta doesn't allow tickets to be transferred to another person (I assume for security purposes), in this case the other person it is being transferred to happens to be a passenger already legally aboard the plane. Common sense tells me this is not a security issue and an exception can be made.

With all the flap about airlines kicking people off planes who have already (legally) boarded, I think Delta screwed up. I also found it interesting that Delta's CEO did not appear at the recent congressional hearing even though top brass from most of the other major airlines (American, United, Southwest, Alaska) did appear, and all promised not to forcibly remove passengers who had legally boarded unless it is for security or medical reasons.

If the seat belonged to the Schears and the car seat was not an approved safety seat, then let the kid sit on the dad's lap during takeoff and landing but let the kid sit in the empty seat, with or without the car seat, in flight.

Barring something big but not yet known, I am siding with the Schears.
May 05, 2017
What is unclear is how they planned to seat the two year old if the older kid had not taken the earlier flight. They said the two year old had to be in a car seat so they could not have planned to have him in a parent's lap. Once the older kid gave up the seat, it seems as if that means the availability goes to the airline, not another passenger.
May 07, 2017
deegee
The two questions I have about the Delta problem are:

(1) Did the older kid use the ticket originally intended for travel on the other flight? That is, was the money used for that ticket transferrable to his new flight? If so, then the seat on his original flight was empty and could be resold to another passenger. There was no mention in the article about someone else claiming the seat, so I tend to doubt it. Also, Schear obtained a boarding pass after canceling the older kid's ticket and buying a new one, so the airline knew what the Schears were doing and approved of it.

(2) Was the car seat they brought onto the plane an "approved child safety seat," so Schear could use it in the vacant seat? If so, then the Delta FA was surely in error saying the kid couldn't be in a seat at all.

Even if Delta doesn't allow tickets to be transferred to another person (I assume for security purposes), in this case the other person it is being transferred to happens to be a passenger already legally aboard the plane. Common sense tells me this is not a security issue and an exception can be made.

With all the flap about airlines kicking people off planes who have already (legally) boarded, I think Delta screwed up. I also found it interesting that Delta's CEO did not appear at the recent congressional hearing even though top brass from most of the other major airlines (American, United, Southwest, Alaska) did appear, and all promised not to forcibly remove passengers who had legally boarded unless it is for security or medical reasons.

If the seat belonged to the Schears and the car seat was not an approved safety seat, then let the kid sit on the dad's lap during takeoff and landing but let the kid sit in the empty seat, with or without the car seat, in flight.

Barring something big but not yet known, I am siding with the Schears.

Airline tickets are non-tranferable. Once the older kid gave up the seat, the seat belonged to the airline and it was given to a standby passenger. I only wish the standby passenger was a duh that was desperate to get to his family or a single moo with a lap baby....or better yet a nursing baby. Then maybe the media would focus on the fact that these jerks were breaking the rules and the flight attendent was just trying to get them to put the two year old on a parents lap so the passenger to whom the seat belonged could have it.
May 08, 2017
I don't think there should be any such thing as a lap baby. Buy a ticket and put the kid in a car seat, preferably one that won't allow snotleigh to kick the seat in front of him.
May 11, 2017
Judging how fast it dropped out of the media, I think the truth was not in the parent's video....

From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
May 14, 2017
cfuter
Thank doG some normal people on the 'net here. Everyone on Twitter is on the white knight's side.

After he threatened the employee, even if 'right' he shouldve got removed from plane because how can the pilot let him fly after threatening someone???????? I like how some of the news headlines stated employee challenged passenger to a fight. Uh, no, the stupid fucking white knight jumped over his wife, and left his seat to challenge the employee to a fight. If I was his wife, I would've climbed under the seat in embarrassment. I knew because of stupid baby idiot Dr Dao, everyone is gonna go down some slippery slope of thinking they have to grandstand everytime they dont get their way.

I have never had a problem w/ rudeness or anything on a plane. We live in an upside down world. It will work against us all in the long run one day.

Sounds like the type who is looking for a reason to fight or go off on someone. Outrage over this, seriously?
Let me guess, in high school or at bars he cluelessly jumped in the fray.
Can't remember the last time I was on a flight when the attendants didn't require all strollers to be checked in when boarding.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login