Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Carolyn Hax's column shows the pitfalls of dating/marrying divorced men with kids

Posted by bell_flower 
In the first situation, a second wife "stumbled" upon a letter where her FIL is asking a financial advisor how to make sure his estate gets to the grandchild, not wife #2.

(Honestly she sounds like a gold digger because the in-laws can leave their property to whom they fancy, but stuff like this can still cause strife in a marriage.)

In the second situation, the girlfriend is going to the high school graduation of her boyfriend's chyld, and she seems to be having trouble with seeing the former incubator, and the living, breathing reminder that her husband fathered a child with someone else.

All the more reason to say no to dating and/or marrying Breeders! thumbs up
Well since my father left all his estate to his wife, my grandma made the step of doing what the FIL in the letter did, making sure her estate would pass to me and not the wife. It caused almighty ruckus because she left her other two grandkids (my half sibs) out of it bar a token gift, but she argued she was making things fair since they would be provided for via their mother, while I had not been left anything. Gold digger was pissed off, let me tell you. She wanted to fight it tooth and nail because my half brother is autistic and needs support to live independently, but even a solicitor told her she had nowhere to go with it because I'd been left out of my dad's will. Too bad, money grabber.
On the second situation, the moo is just as upset that the girlfriend is at the graduation. Moo will see it as girlfriend usurping her authority and should know her place.

One farcebook friend wrote a long, angry post that her brat's stepmoo had the audacity to show up at Tardleigh's preschool graduation when ex and stepmoo knew the great and powerful moo would be present. Not a fan of preschool graduations, but based on Tardleigh's disabilities that moo posted before her ex got a gag order this might be the only graduation Tardleigh gets.

Based on moo's ideas stepmoo can show up for an occasional practice, but only the true moo and duh can go to the games/performances and milestone events. Doesn't even matter that stepmoo takes care of them every day since the ex has full custody. Not sure how that happened.
And then single breeders want to get upset when told that the childfree or the currently childless don't want to date them. Stepparenting is basically having all the negatives of parenthood foisted upon you while the bio-breeders reap all the positives. Why exactly am I to spend my time, my money, my resources on a child that is not mine, have to deal with drama from the exes, be constantly relegated last on the priority list, but then be told that I'm not that child's parent when I try to exert any authority or show up for the Kodak Moments™ that I helped make possible? FOH.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login