Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

"The Federalist is the worst"

Posted by cfdavep 
"The Federalist is the worst"
May 10, 2017
https://thefederalist.com/2017/05/09/pets-instead-kids-considered-psychiatric-disorder/

If you want kitties or doggies, or birdies and no sproggies then you are mental
Re: "The Federalist is the worst"
May 10, 2017
I'd rather be mental than a boring idiot doing things because society and lifescript.
May 10, 2017
Ugh, this type and his ilk annoy me to no end. Since he purports to be Christian I dare say he must consider Jesus Christ and Paul to be mentally ill because they didn't have kids either.

Methinks the dude cherry-picks his Bible. bemused eye roll
May 10, 2017
I have enough mental issues without adding this one.Screw that ignorant POS
May 10, 2017
So some sexist twat is trying to mansplain that I have a maternal instinct and that I am using my cat demon as a substitute baybee? Some people are born without any desire to parent like some people are born gay. No amount of assholery is going to make me change an inherent part of my personal make up.

Some people say that they don't want kids due to money or other such reasons because they don't have the guts to admit that they are inherently childfree. The trope of childfree people having pets instead of children is just another way to delegitimize the childfree experience and to keep people in narrow boxes.
May 10, 2017
As offensive as he is, he's not really talking about us. This is his target:

I’m talking about men and women, especially from the millennial generation, who have chosen to indefinitely postpone having children, yet still feel the unshakeable urge to parent.

I suppose being CF doesn't occur to his tiny Og brain.

I noted he hits all the typical MRA marks:

--little woman stays home and raises the kyds
--as Gawd and the Bible intended (ignoring the fact that many don't follow the Bible)
--sexist and judgemental.

He also says a lot of factually incorrect things about pets, such as:

We have instincts to raise children. Well, guess what? Dogs have instincts, too. “…the bloodlust, the joy to kill,” writes Jack London in “Call of the Wild.”

Call of the Wild? He's quoting a novel that was written in 1903 about the fictitious behavior of a dog that was sold into the brutal (at that time) sled dog trade?

And how does he know about the behavior of female dogs and cats? (Probably a typical Breeder who doesn't spay and neuter.)

And who says their behavior can be compared to humans anyway? Humans may have the "urge" to procreate, thanks to hormones, but we also have higher brains and access to BC, which means we can decide if having kids is for us, rather than just blindly following an urge.

When you go get a dog, you are doing something you want to do. Portraying it as a sacrificial act of virtue is just indulgent.

I'll agree with that if he agrees that people who have kids who do the same thing are also being indulgent.

I don't give a shit how much money someone spends on their pets, as long as their pets are spayed and neutered and not neglected.

He's an ignoramus and his entire article rambles into irrelevant topics to "prove" his point. I'm not sure what his point is, other than the typical: BreedBreedBreed because Gawd directs it and you're selfish if you don't.

YAWN.
May 12, 2017
bell_flower
--as Gawd and the Bible intended (ignoring the fact that many don't follow the Bible)

Well, if you're using the Bible as your life template, then the man should have dozens or even hundreds of little women staying at home and raising his brats. And he should have bought them all using animals as currency.
May 12, 2017
bell_flower
As offensive as he is, he's not really talking about us. This is his target:

I’m talking about men and women, especially from the millennial generation, who have chosen to indefinitely postpone having children, yet still feel the unshakeable urge to parent.

I suppose being CF doesn't occur to his tiny Og brain.

I noted he hits all the typical MRA marks:

--sexist and judgemental.

He also says a lot of factually incorrect things about pets, such as:

We have instincts to raise children. Well, guess what? Dogs have instincts, too. “…the bloodlust, the joy to kill,” writes Jack London in “Call of the Wild.”

Call of the Wild? He's quoting a novel that was written in 1903 about the fictitious behavior of a dog that was sold into the brutal (at that time) sled dog trade?

YAWN.

Og...love it!
I felt bad for doggie Buck when I read the story in the 6th grade.
May 17, 2017
If someone tells me I spend too much on my pets when they were very sick and needed expensive vet care, I ask them why they hate families. They of course say that they don't hate families. I then bring up how many people work in vet offices, pet stores, and food. These industries provide LIVABLE WAGES so the workers can have their own human family and be able to care for them because people spend money on their pets.

Long story short. Its the economy, stupid.
May 17, 2017
cfdavep
https://thefederalist.com/2017/05/09/pets-instead-kids-considered-psychiatric-disorder/

If you want kitties or doggies, or birdies and no sproggies then you are mental

I'm quite comfortable being known as a crazy cat lady. Better than being a moo crazed by child care.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login