Moo ruins childhood of daughter for donations

Posted by cfdavep 
Moo ruins childhood of daughter for donations
May 11, 2017
https://www.yahoo.com/news/apos-b-dead-apos-daughter-182133954.html

and the CF are the selfish ones
Re: Moo ruins childhood of daughter for donations
May 13, 2017
If I were around more people who could handle it intellectually I'd explain that everyone is selfish and everything we do as humans is selfish. Most people cannot handle this and want to call anyone who doesn't agree with their life choices as selfish. Lifescripters can handle very little intellectually, you can only agree with them and stroke their fragile little egos. That is all they can handle, anything else and you are a threat.
May 18, 2017
freya
If I were around more people who could handle it intellectually I'd explain that everyone is selfish and everything we do as humans is selfish. Most people cannot handle this and want to call anyone who doesn't agree with their life choices as selfish. Lifescripters can handle very little intellectually, you can only agree with them and stroke their fragile little egos. That is all they can handle, anything else and you are a threat.

This is true. Even helping a friend is selfish because you are getting positive vibes out of it.
There is a good book that really spells out how being selfish is a good thing, because you can't help society if you yourself are a ball of fucked up. Self care/selfishness is a virtue. Read Ayn Rand's "The Virtue of Selfishness". It's a little tough to get through but it states what freya basically said above.
May 19, 2017
the noodler
freya

This is true. Even helping a friend is selfish because you are getting positive vibes out of it.
There is a good book that really spells out how being selfish is a good thing, because you can't help society if you yourself are a ball of fucked up. Self care/selfishness is a virtue. Read Ayn Rand's "The Virtue of Selfishness". It's a little tough to get through but it states what freya basically said above.

Rand's book make sense, if you're selfish enough to have the desire to meet your own needs then it is easier to derive pleasure from helping out others. The title probably causes lots of people to tsk though!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login