Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

We're doomed, 3 d printer prints out functional mouse ovary

Posted by twocents 
We're doomed, 3 d printer prints out functional mouse ovary
May 16, 2017
good newz for infertile myrtles. not for the race as a whole.
google it, as I did not copy a link.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
Re: We're doomed, 3 d printer prints out functional mouse ovary
May 16, 2017
https://singularityhub.com/2016/04/10/this-3d-printed-prosthetic-ovary-restores-female-fertility-in-mice/

So this instead of figuring out how to print prosthetic hearts, lungs, livers, and other organs that are actually vital to living, we again waste money, time, and research on how to get the Infertile Myrtles to quit their bitching as if they have real problems.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
May 17, 2017
We are so screwed, indeed. Has it occurred to the scientists doing this research that there's no shortage of people? So the idea is to help women who have lost ovaries to cancer. How about adopt a child and avoid the possibility of your "very own" child carrying your "very own" faulty genes? From what I've heard, many cancers have a hereditary component.

But noooo, I want my own chyld! sarcastic clapping
May 17, 2017
I read that in the article and thought the same thing.

People might pass on cancer genes, but how about being around to see your kid grow up?

Many "female" cancers are stimulated by hormones, specifically estrogen and progesterone. Does going through pregnancy, complete with supercharged levels of hormones, remotely sound like a good idea for an ovarian cancer survivor?

Dumbass Breeders don't remotely care about what kind of life the kid has, only that it's born.

And yes, 9+ billion people by mid-century.

Adopt, already. Yes, it won't be your oooooooooooooooooooooooooooown genes. Get the Hell over it and be glad you are alive.
May 17, 2017
Why not just 3D print out artificial android kids that need no food, are not little kids and are already preprogrammed to not need school? It's better than having a robot dog!
May 17, 2017
What a waste of science.
May 18, 2017
I fucking hate reproductive science. Not only is it making the world a worse place by increasing our numbers and perpetuating genes responsible for low-quality of life conditions, it is depriving other sciences of skills which could be used to actually help people. Imagine if this article were about kidneys instead.

And the average person thinks this whole thing is "good news". angry smiley
Whew! For a moment there I thought we'd only have 10.5 billion people on the planet by mid century!
May 19, 2017
Guessing it is prohibitively expensive and that was the appeal of the technology push in the first place. I do like the implication that if technology can charge the nut wads lots of money perhaps some of that will be funneled to research/help with cures to diseases and organ replacement. You know, necessary treatments!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login