Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Crowdfunding for lunch $$$$

Posted by cfdavep 
Crowdfunding for lunch $$$$
May 18, 2017
https://www.yahoo.com/gma/lunch-shaming-inspires-dad-pay-off-21k-school-124006002--abc-news-topstories.html

A father is shaming a school for refusing kids lunch after owing $20. $23,000 was raised in the blink of an eye. Commenters are happily screaming that they donated to feed strangers kids and that "the brats are our future and need to be fed" and it "takes a village" and the usual.

Maybe the sprogs should get used to the idea that the attitude of the world is "pay up or you don't even get to eat" something they will discover when they are out of the school system and parent's home.
Re: Crowdfunding for lunch $$$$
May 18, 2017
$20 is not one school lunch or even two or three, so this breeder had ample opportunity to pay his debt before the food was denied. I'm sure he's familiar with the process, from electric, phone, etc bills.
May 18, 2017
For those who donated, I wonder where they work? Are their companies providing "free" goods and services? And if so, how can they afford to pay their employees?

As Milton Friedman once said, there is no such thing as "free" lunch.
May 18, 2017
So this guy did in five days what Shauna could not. There is definitely a silver lining here because imagine how jealous she must be of the attention this man is getting.
May 18, 2017
Well here's the thing: food costs MONEY (to buy and to prepare), and while most schools will let a student's account go into the red a little bit so they can eat, they have to draw a line somewhere. Otherwise, if they just let the kid keep on having food without paying for it, what incentive do the parents have to give them lunch money?

It sucks to go without lunch, but I'd call it a learning experience. The kid can learn that they are not owed anything, not even a meal. I'm sure the kid won't shrivel up and die if they have to wait a couple more hours to stuff their faces. If parents don't give their kids lunch money for whatever reason, that isn't the school's fault - it's the parents' faults. In what other circumstances would it make sense to refuse to pay for a service, yet still demand it as if you did pay for it? Christ, parents are fucking entitled.
May 19, 2017
What I find interesting is that the push that kids are bullied if they're on this list. Even if they are bullied for this it is one of hundreds of reasons even elementary school brats will find to make fun of each other. Think the kids on reduced price/free lunches are the ones who would be more likely to be bullied.

May as well suck it up and get used to it kiddos. And parents should care enough to make sure they handle paying for their kid's lunches in the first place. The idiots who donated are just reinforcing the bad behavior of parents who will continue to fall behind in paying for lunches.
May 19, 2017
This is one more situation where we all feel sorry for a kid - no one should have to find out in a lunch line that her parents are losers and go hungry because of it - and so we should all chip in to prevent it, because the kid's parents are moochers. Welfare queens of all stripes know that they have an innocent hostage. I have no idea how to solve it. I'm not okay with letting kids go without lunch because of their irresponsible parents, but I know that provides an incentive for assholes to not pay for their kids' lunches. It's a wicked problem.
May 22, 2017
happyhiker
This is one more situation where we all feel sorry for a kid - no one should have to find out in a lunch line that her parents are losers and go hungry because of it - and so we should all chip in to prevent it, because the kid's parents are moochers. Welfare queens of all stripes know that they have an innocent hostage. I have no idea how to solve it. I'm not okay with letting kids go without lunch because of their irresponsible parents, but I know that provides an incentive for assholes to not pay for their kids' lunches. It's a wicked problem.

I agree, the parent should suffer not the kid. A phone call to the parent at lunchtime insisting they leave work and show up at the school RIGHT then and pay for the lunches would take care of this problem. Or make the idiots pay with their credit card over the phone and charge a convenience fee of $15. It would happen one time and never again. This only affects kids from families who can afford lunches. If the financial situation has changed then the parent can fill out the paperwork for reduced/free lunches. I don't care if the kid is at school, their meals are always 100% the responsibility of the parent.
May 22, 2017
All of this points to the original problem of we could solve poverty almost completely if couples would stop having children when they cannot afford them. Plus, there is always the option the school district can take to go to the magistrate and sue the parents for the lunch money. Hopefully, there will be a Judge Judy there.
May 22, 2017
Parents will work extra-hard to ensure they don't do more than the bare minimum for their kids. You confront them about a lack of lunch money and they'll have a list of practiced excuses ready for you, as well as rebuttals for any suggestions you make. I could easily see a Moo suing a school district for harassment or emotional distress for telling her to pony up lunch money for her kid.

Or Moos would go on some bullshit campaign to fight the district and call it something like "Moms Against Lunch Discrimination" and they'll fight and bitch and scream about how awful the district is for having the gall to demand lunch money and the bizzy mommies spend shitloads of money on picket signs and t-shirts and banners for their cause that will go absolutely nowhere when all they'd have to do is give their kid a few bucks a week to eat to make everybody shut up.

Make this real simple: if your kid doesn't qualify for free/reduced lunch and the parents still won't give them lunch money or send them to school with a bagged lunch, CPS takes the kid away because obviously they can't afford to properly feed their child. One of two things will happen: breeders will be more generous with their wallets to ensure their kids are fed, or they'll intentionally let their kids starve at school so they can be rid of their little resource suckers for good. Welfare Moos will probably be more likely to get their asses in gear because they'll see a sharp drop in income if they lose their kids. More free money is why most of them bred in the first place.
May 23, 2017
Why are schools in the business of providing lunches in the first place? This is not a core part of their work. Children will be fine with not having a hot lunch, given that they are not engaging in hard physical labor. I can't remember eating anything other than sandwiches, crackers, fruit and vegetables for lunch when I was a schoolkid - I packed my own lunch from the limited, healthy options my parents provided. Plus it is good for them to learn the skills required to bring a lunch: planning, nutrition and food preparation.

Low income breeders already receive food subsidies, so if children are coming to school without lunches, staff should notify child protection services.
May 23, 2017
Cambion
Moos would go on some bullshit campaign to fight the district and call it something like "Moms Against Lunch Discrimination"

Moms Opposing Outrageous Cafeteria Harassment =

MOOCH. thumbs up
May 24, 2017
Idea! Schools should take parunts credit card info or bank info as a form insurance that they will pay for snotliegh's lunches..or... the fee gets charged or taken off their account. OR....pay a fee for lunches at the beginning of the year. What would that be.. about $200-300 for the year? (last time I bought a school lunch it was 35 cents. (yeah, I'm old) I am assuming it must be a few dollars by now.
As for the 'village' putting up the $$. I hate that shit. Can't pay for 'em... don't have 'em.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login