Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Could this genetic freak actually survive?

Posted by cfdavep 
Could this genetic freak actually survive?
May 26, 2017
https://www.yahoo.com/gma/south-carolina-couple-carry-baby-fatal-condition-term-110254764--abc-news-parenting.html

Naturally these people would be fundies from SC who just couldn't abort and are saying they are bringing it to term to donate the organs to strangers. Maybe the creature will survive a few years and will cost them
Re: Could this genetic freak actually survive?
May 26, 2017
The specieale sneauflayke name spellings make me sick.

Bring a fetus to term to use it for its organs is beyond reprehensible. You're breeding for body parts, which should be illegal. Another life is being gestated to term for its organs. Does anybody have a problem with that, because I sure do. Maybe I misread the article, because this is what I gleaned from it.

Soylent Green, anybody?
May 26, 2017
There is absolutely nothing noble in not aborting an unviable fetus. Sure you can try to wrap it up in a "We're going to donate the organs!" sanctimonious sugar coating, but then you're just an organ farm which rides an ethical line and not a precedent that should be set.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
May 27, 2017
I'm sure it sucks finding out that a wanted kid has a terminal condition, but people who will choose to allow a doomed fetus to be born instead of making the humane choice are selfish, period. Ohhh sure, let's give birth to this loaf that might live for a few hours at best. Why? It's certainly not for the child's well-being. It's so Mommy and Daddy can have good feels and act like they did what's "right." Doctors don't offer late-term abortions for fun (I guess 20 weeks is considered late term, which is when Moo found out her clump was fucked), so when they DO offer it, it means shit's completely FUBAR with the pregnancy and Moo should take the hint. Not try to be a fucking hero by birthing a freak with a fatal deformity and bragging about it on the news.

Parents are supposed to do what is best for their children, and allowing them to live even for a little while isn't always the best. Sometimes, termination is, in fact, the best thing they can do for that child. But then again, since when have breeders ever given a shit about what's in their kids' best interests? Most of them only care about themselves and getting what they want, which is precisely what these idiots are doing. They're going to sluice this clump so they can have a cute widdle baybee (well, this one won't be cute) to drool over for maybe a few hours or days and then rake in the sympathy when it inevitably dies, plus earn social brownie points for piecing the kid out for parts in order to create a silver lining end to the story.

When you think about it, this is probably the best way for people to have kids. They get classic attention and congratulations for breeding, then they get heaps of additional attention as well as sympathy when the kid dies, not to mention they get all this attention, but without the burden of raising a child for years. It's a parenthood express lane. And you know these two will get right to work on a replacement loaf. I don't know if the odds of having a loaf with anencephaly are higher if a previous one had it or if it's just one of those freak occurrences that happen from time to time without rhyme or reason, but I seriously doubt the risk of this shit happening again would stop these two from breeding again (or any breeders, for that matter).
May 27, 2017
Aren't these the same sort of people who were freaking out when Planned Parenthood was accused of selling baby body parts? What's the difference between that and this (other than the former being a complete falsehood)?

And if I were on the receiving end of organs from a genetic mistake, I'd be damned worried about the quality of those organs. Part of the reason I don't plan to be an organ donor, myself.
June 01, 2017
Honestly, if I knew for certain that I would need a transplant in 5-10 years but it would be safe enough to gestate in the meantime and I had unlimited funds and magical CRISPR technology that worked as intended, I'd brew up a genetic match for myself in an embryo, eliminate the genes that grow more than a brainstem, and make my own replacement parts.

That's like the absolute only case I'd be willing to breed though.

As long as the embryo never even sensed its own existence in any way remotely resembling consciousness, I don't care too much about breeding your own organs. Leave a full brain though and then I have a big problem with it.

Also I would be the biggest whiny bitch about being inpig!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login