Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hot car death in the driveway in TX

Posted by cfdavep 
Hot car death in the driveway in TX
May 27, 2017
https://www.dallasnews.com/news/accidental-death/2017/05/26/2-toddlers-die-locking-inside-hot-car-weatherford

I suppose this is a way to prevent strangers noticing and breaking the window. Car windows cost, so moo claims sprogs opened car door and locked themselves in car in 96 degree weather and couldn't unlock. None of the commenters are falling for it.
Re: Hot car death in the driveway in TX
May 27, 2017
Hmm, yeah, that looks suspicious. The mother called authorities to report that a 1-year-old and a 2-year-old "ran off"? Even if they did lock themselves in the car and couldn't get back out, they shouldn't have been playing outside by themselves long enough to lock themselves in and then die. It doesn't take long for a kid to die in a hot car, but it didn't happen in just 2 or 3 minutes, either. I'm sure she will say she "just looked away for a second" but it had to take longer than "a second" for this to happen.
May 27, 2017
This moo is dumb. She knew damn well they were dead when she called the police. The car was on her property, it isn't as if they ran down the street and hid in someone else's car.

It isn't even about them dying in the car, which is just the awful outcome. Why on earth would any parent leave a 1 and 2 year old unsupervised? Let alone outside in 96 degree weather? If they didn't die in the car then they could have easily died of a bunch of other causes, including heat exhaustion.

I've heard about the toddlers that run out the door or are escape artists and parents have to figure out how to safeguard them, especially in 96 degree heat. Whatever happened to kids not being able to go outside (except in a fenced backyard) until they are old enough to know how to cross the street on their own?

I used to be shoved outside on hot days (90 degrees to 104 degrees) as a kid and now suffer from heat intolerance due to the numerous times I endured heat exhaustion. Pushing a kid outside on a hot day is child abuse, pure and simple.
May 27, 2017
The moo claims they disappeared from a back room in the house and took her keys and phone with them.

It does look like a large property so I could see where if they got out of the house it might be difficult to find them very fast. I guess kids can do surprising things that adults wouldn't necessarily expect. But still seems odd for the under-2 set.
June 02, 2017
tiredchicken
The moo claims they disappeared from a back room in the house and took her keys and phone with them.

It does look like a large property so I could see where if they got out of the house it might be difficult to find them very fast. I guess kids can do surprising things that adults wouldn't necessarily expect. But still seems odd for the under-2 set.

Like opening car doors....I call bullshit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
June 02, 2017
oh,come ON!! A One and TWO year old! Damn--they mostly can't even open a light weight door, if any, at those ages! And perform an adult-like move of grabbing her phone and keys!!?? That is just from outer space.
June 02, 2017
freya
She knew damn well they were dead when she called the police.

How convenient. Shut them up in a 100-something degree car to roast and start mooing to the cops that they locked themselves in once they're cooked. I don't even think kids that young have the reasoning ability to realize they're locked in to scream and possibly save themselves by getting someone's attention (like those kids slammed in the trunk) hand-eye coordination to do that unless it's an accident from an elbow banging in an unfortunate place on the door, which I highly doubt is what happened.
June 03, 2017
reeniebessagain
oh,come ON!! A One and TWO year old! Damn--they mostly can't even open a light weight door, if any, at those ages! And perform an adult-like move of grabbing her phone and keys!!?? That is just from outer space.

I'm glad someone is questioning these claims. We've seen repeated stories about toddlers picking up heavy loaded handguns (weighing several pounds), somehow managing to wrap their hands around the (adult-sized, of course) grip and squeeze the trigger (which takes several pounds of force in every production gun), and, lo and behold, shooting someone else, killing that other person instantly. And the parent(s) usually get off with some misdemeanor such as child endangerment—when a moment's reflection and some knowledge of guns will tell you that the parent(s) killed the other person and pinned it on the child. Well, this story about the kids in the car is more of the same.
June 03, 2017
kman, I think "somehow" is the operative word here.
June 25, 2017
Turns out she was teaching them a lesson by killing them!

Update:saw this and thought it looked familiar, matched up the kids names and sure enough. Moo was teaching her kids a lesson! They died in the car while she smoked pot and passed out in the houserusty chainsaw
June 26, 2017

"When they refused to leave the car, the defendant said she shut the door to teach Juliet a lesson, thinking she could get herself and her brother out of the car when ready," authorities said in the probable cause affidavit.

OMG where do I start with the contradiction in this? She left them in the car on purpose to teach them a lesson, presumably on the notion that they can't leave it like they could a timeout or naughty step, but then she expects them to be able to get out by themselves. The oldest kid was TWO FFS, if the kids didn't wanna get out of the car, it shouldn't be too hard for Moo to take them out by force. Oh wait, she can't do that because then she'd have to deal with the kids tantrums and it's sooo much easier to let the kids fry in the car.

Fucking breeders.

In an effort to combat the rise in hot car deaths, Rep. Tim Ryan, D-Ohio, introduced the Hot Cars Act of 2017. If passed, the legislation would require new cars to come equipped with a system for alerting the driver if a child is left in the back seat after the car is turned off.

Yeah, great, just what we all need, an extra few thousand on the price tag of a new car to try and stop PNAs - so glad I don't drive. They can put all the child safety features in that they want, it won't do anything to curb these breeders from killing their kids and then crying wolf about how they only Looked Away For A Second™ or were so tired that they 'forgot' the kid was there.

You know what might prevent people frying their kids to death? Punishing these idiots to the fullest extent of the law; Joe and Joann Schmoe won't be so quick to perform a PNA via hot car, if they saw Ann and Andy Smith get sentenced to a decade of hard time for doing the same thing.

Sure, it might make breeders more sneaky about killing off their progeny, but that won't change until breederdom is no longer put on the highest societal pedestal.
June 26, 2017
http://abcnews.go.com/US/justin-ross-harris-sentenced-life-parole-sons-hot/story?id=43980462

Last month a jury of six men and six women found Harris guilty of all eight counts against him: malice murder, two counts of felony murder, cruelty to children in the first degree, cruelty to children in the second degree, criminal attempt to commit a felony and two counts of dissemination of harmful material to minors.

When this happens regularly, we won't need expensive equipment in cars.

From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
June 26, 2017
The only thing about warning systems, is it takes out the 'bizzy moo/duh' defense.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
June 26, 2017
Okay, abandoning a child to "teach them a lesson" just infuriates me. I had to rescue a kid from falling off the side of an escalator onto a paved floor because his mother decided to "teach him a lesson" and walked away from him in a busy mall. He was maybe 5 or 6 (I'm not a good judge of age, but he was small enough that even puny me could haul him over the escalator rail). I don't know if the fall would have killed him, but it sure as hell wouldn't have done him any good.

If you're going to make the mistake of having children, at least don't fucking abandon them. Ever. Even if that just means getting out of sight to make them think they're alone. That shit is damaging.

(I realize that this bitch was performing a PNA and used this as her excuse, but still. It's a push button issue of mine. Apparently. ;D )
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login