Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

10 ways we "unfairly" judge parents..

Posted by ladybug2203 
10 ways we "unfairly" judge parents..
May 27, 2017
I'll let yall disect this one....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.romper.com/p/10-ways-people-without-kids-unfairly-judge-parents-13355/amp
Re: 10 ways we "unfairly" judge parents..
May 27, 2017
Wow. Isn't the world all about her. Skipping over the fact that there's a glaring grammatical error in the first freaking paragraph, I like this:

In order to not be late, you basically have to plan to leave an hour before you really need to.

Then that's what you should do. Is it really that hard to figure out? If you need to be at work by 8, and it snowed heavily overnight, you know you might need to leave earlier than usual to get to work on time, right? So if you have kids, and you know they're going to delay you....

As for her assertion that, unless you're in her exact situation, you can't possibly judge her decisions, I'm with the comedian who said he doesn't know how to pilot a helicopter, but if he sees one in a tree he knows something went wrong.

The whole thing just sounds whiny. I think she regrets her choices and resents CF people for calling her on her bullshit.
May 27, 2017
I guess this Moo can keep telling herself that CF people are the judgemental ones when we really know Moos shred each other apart over who is the "better" martyr Moo.

And why do Moos think it's only CF people who judge them for bringing their badly-behaved brats to restaurants? What about parents who actually hire sitters and want a quiet evening out? What about empty nesters who raised their kids and want to eat in peace? I know when I go out to eat with my mom, she often makes comments about how badly behaved brats in restaurants are and she doesn't want to sit near them either.
May 27, 2017
kittehpeoples
Wow. Isn't the world all about her. Skipping over the fact that there's a glaring grammatical error in the first freaking paragraph, I like this:

In order to not be late, you basically have to plan to leave an hour before you really need to.

Then that's what you should do. Is it really that hard to figure out? If you need to be at work by 8, and it snowed heavily overnight, you know you might need to leave earlier than usual to get to work on time, right? So if you have kids, and you know they're going to delay you....

As for her assertion that, unless you're in her exact situation, you can't possibly judge her decisions, I'm with the comedian who said he doesn't know how to pilot a helicopter, but if he sees one in a tree he knows something went wrong.

The whole thing just sounds whiny. I think she regrets her choices and resents CF people for calling her on her bullshit.

I had to go to Sunday school as kid, was forced didnt want to. I was always ready on time, my mom was always late because my autistic sister always "needed" to be supplied with tons of food and toys, she wouldnt get ready earlier. Why does this bother me u might ask? Because the director always yelled at ME for being late, never my parents, cuz at 12 years old i totally had control over when my ride left, it was not within walking distance! My motger still forced me to go.
May 27, 2017
I judge everyone, not just moos. If you are going to act like a whiny, annoying entitled twat I am going to call you out for that shit. And if you tell me not to judge you the only thing I will do is judge you more critically and really have some fun with it.

In sort, don't start shit with me that you can't win. And idiotic moos are starting under a epic pile of dirty diapers and a room temperature IQ due to sleep deprivation.
May 28, 2017
Why are parents and their mongrels exempt from social rules? This is just more Moo tripe basically saying, "We're complete pieces of shit and I'm going to tell you why you aren't allowed to not like it!"

The Inability To "Pack Light"
Don't have any kids then, or as many fucking kids. Or keep an emergency bag of whatever stupid shit the kids will "need" on a whim (change of clothes, toys, snacks, etc.) in the car.

Being Late
If you know that it's going to take you three hours to do something that would take anyone else 20 minutes because of your kids, then plan fucking accordingly! Make your brats use the bathroom before you leave, regardless of whether or not they say they have to because kids are retarded and will say they don't have to go when they're five seconds away from pissing themselves.

"Saying No To Last Minute Plans"
I don't think anyone would really judge anyone for declining to join in on last-minute plans, kids or no kids. This one's kind of stupid and seems like something Moo just threw in to bitch about. I'm sure people know that even parents who don't suck can't take off at the drop of a hat. Most adults can't do that anyway.

Going Home From Events Early For Bedtime
Leave the kids with a sitter if you don't want to leave an event early, then. But if not, well, you chose to have kids, so I don't want to hear bitching and whining about how you have to go home early so you can spend three hours trying to make your brat sleep. I'd never judge a parent for needing to leave an event early because of their kids. I'd just go, "Bed, made, lie." Not getting to do fun stuff comes with the territory. Suck it up, buttercup.

Not Being Spontaneous Enough (Or At All)
Again, I think it can be a little tough for any adult to have spontaneous plans, especially if they're working full time or working more than one job. Mommies aren't the only ones who can't be spontaneous. This just sounds like more forced bitching fodder to me. The only time I could leave and go do shit with people on a moment's notice was when I had no job and no real schedule.

Taking Kids Out To Restaurants
I love how this cunt uses the excuse that she's a paying customer to get out of having to actually parent her kids. You know who else is a paying customer? The other fucking paying customers who would like a semi-peaceful meal! And no, the ones giving you and your tard herd the stink eye aren't all just bitter childfree people - many are parents who either got sitters for the night or who would never allow their own kids to act like such complete shit stains in public. If your brats can't act like something resembling civilized human beings, stay the fuck home and eat Kraft mac-and-cheese until they learn some manners. It's not "unfair" to expect people to act like people, regardless of their age. Quit being lazy and raise the kids you chose to have.

Continuing On An Excursion, Despite A Meltdown
I get the feeling that Moo doesn't lift a finger to try and stop a meltdown. She just lets the kid screech indefinitely. Also, does she try to determine the reason for said meltdown? If the kid is tired and cranky, then it's a really shitty thing for Moo to drag it all over the place for hours and hours just because she's not ready to leave yet.

Buying The Kids Cheap Toys At Any Point
Toys should never be given to kids to placate them because then they'll come to expect it all the time. A parent's job is not to give in to greedy GIMME GIMME tantrums from their kids. Doing so just proves to the kid that Mommy is a doormat and they just have to scream loud and long enough to get their own way. Sure, get them toys now and then - they're kids. But don't do it all the fucking time.

Letting The Kids Eat Junk
Bitch fodder. The only time I would ever judge a breeder for letting their kids eat junk food is if the kid was grossly overweight. Otherwise, I figure junk food is pretty common in childhood and just because a kid is eating it doesn't mean they subsist on it entirely.

Too Many Toys
Oh please, if your kid has too many toys, then do some spring cleaning. I guarantee the kid won't even notice some of the toys are missing, and if they do, they'll get over it. Let them keep their favorites, of course, but just get rid of the superfluous toys. There is no reason at all for pounds upon pounds of plastic kindercrap to be thrown all over every single room of the house. If the kids have a crapload of toys and refuse to get rid of any of them, tell them they'd best keep their toys in their own rooms if they don't want them to get donated to the Salvation Army.

If parents want us or anyone else to stop judging them, then maybe they should start doing a better fucking job of raising their kids. And quit judging CFers too.
May 28, 2017
The short summary, for those who can't be bothered to look at the article, are:
  1. The inability to "pack light"
  2. Being late
  3. Saying no to last minute plans
  4. Going home from events early for bedtime
  5. Not being spontaneous enough (or at all)
  6. Taking kids out to restaurants
  7. Continuing on an excursion, despite a meltdown
  8. Buying the kids cheap toys at any point
  9. Letting the kids eat junk
  10. Too many toys

3 and 5 are basically the same thing, and 6 is a subset of 7. I guess it was hard to come up with a list to support that persecution complex, especially since I don't really know anyone who would judge on 1 (unless the person is bitching about how much they have to carry), 3/5, or 4. Honestly I wouldn't bother to hang out with anyone who tries to shame me for leaving when I want or for declining an invitation, and if she's getting flak for it, my guess is that she's not offering a polite excuse but using it as an opportunity for martyrdom: "I'd love to stay later, but some of us have responsibilities at home."

2, 6 and 7 are just plain rude towards other people and there is no excuse for behaving like that.

8 and 10 are essentially consumer culture and I am sure as fuck going to judge, the same as I'd judge anyone for buying tons of cheap crap they don't need. Oh, but tell me again about how "green" you are, while feeding your child some over-processed crap that comes in layers of plastic wrap that you have to stuff into a bin already overflowing with dirty diapers and cheap broken toys.

And that's 9 - a little bit of junk food is one thing, but if it isn't a rare treat those kids are being set up for a lifetime of poor eating habits. I know the millions of excuses breeders have, from it being "too much work" to make the children eat healthy food to being "too tired" to prepare proper meals and I think it's all bullshit. Those bad habits developed because of repeated unwillingness to enforce boundaries, and it is not that hard to prepare bulk nutritious meals in a slow cooker with a little bit of planning.

You chose to be a parent, now try to do a halfway decent job at it.
May 28, 2017
Actually, most of these aren't ones where I'd judge them for it...more like things I'd see as "well, yeah, that goes with the parental territory. Better you than me".

The inability to "pack light": yep, bring what your kid needs/wants. Everyone else suffers if you don't. Goes with the territory.

Being late: occasionally shit happens and people run late, but being habitually late is rude. You have known this kid since it took its first breath; you should have a working idea of how much extra time is needed to get out the door. Start early.

Saying no to last minute plans: understandable. Sucks to be you, but this goes with the territory.

Going home from events early for bedtime: You damn well better go early and get that critter to bed. Kids need a lot of sleep. Yeah, sucks that you can't be out after seven PM but at least you're not subjecting everyone to your overtired kid. Sucks to be you, but goes with the territory.

Not being spontaneous enough (or at all): Again, it's not that you're being judged. Everyone else has caught on to this and doesn't expect you to be spontaneous with that pediatric millstone around your neck. Sucks to be you, goes with the territory.

Taking kids out to restaurants: this one I do actually judge parents for, because below a certain age kids simply can't handle it. "But how will they learn restaurant manners without going out?" the parents whine. They learn the same way I did: table manners were taught and used at home as part of everyday meals. I knew I had to use my silverware, ask to have things passed to me, ask to be excused when done, etc. before I ever set foot in a restaurant. I wasn't taken out to restaurants until I was about five or so.

Continuing on an excursion, despite a meltdown: yeah, I judge you for this. Kids tantrum out at the wrong times, but you still have to deal with it. Swoop in, take them to the car/outside away from people and wait for the tantrum to subside. Figure out why the kid is melting down, and deal with the cause. Food, home for a nap, whatever. If it's just being Bratty McBratbrat, deal with it accordingly. I don't judge you for swatting your kid's ass if that's the case.

Buying the kids cheap toys at any point: I don't care what toys you buy your kid. I do care about the amount of landfill kids fill up before age ten, when they seem to go through SO many plastic toys. Dollar stores bank on this.

Letting the kids eat junk: unless it's clear that the junk is fueling an ongoing behavior problem that I have to deal with, I don't care. Goodness knows I've eaten junk in my time. If it's a constant thing because it's easier than getting them to eat real food: sucks to be you, but teaching your kid good habits goes with the territory. Suck it up.

Too many toys: This goes with the "cheap toys" thing...I'm not in your house, so I don't care how many toys the kid has. But I don't like the consumerism.
May 29, 2017
randomcfchick
Taking kids out to restaurants: this one I do actually judge parents for, because below a certain age kids simply can't handle it. "But how will they learn restaurant manners without going out?" the parents whine. They learn the same way I did: table manners were taught and used at home as part of everyday meals. I knew I had to use my silverware, ask to have things passed to me, ask to be excused when done, etc. before I ever set foot in a restaurant. I wasn't taken out to restaurants until I was about five or so.

This is how it was done in my family, too. Every meal we had to sit up to the table and use manners, but when Sunday or holidays rolled around, the good china came out, and then we had to be on our extra-special good behavior. And my family pretty much qualified as poor white trash (well, maybe not trash, but definitely poor and low socioeconomic class).

When we did get to go to a real restaurant, we already knew how to behave, and we knew that extra-good behavior was expected of us. Today's parents just schlep the kids into restaurants and them let them run wild, without any background in manners or guidance about how to behave.
May 29, 2017
Kids throwing tantrums in public will always be judged by EVERYONE, especially when it isn't handled properly or is ignored.

As far as being late, we either have excuses or properly prepare. Everyone has that choice.
People with kids aren't given a pass.

This just sounds like a straw man whine, most of this stuff would never be commented on by anyone without kids because we aren't around. Most of these whines don't affect us at all, unless you're overstuffing our car or trying to get us to tote your crap, in which case we can comment. I think most of us have the sense to not go to a child friendly restaurant and expect a quiet experience. Chances are the people at the child friendly restaurants who are mean mugging you are also parents and are sick of putting up with your kids acting like brats. And honestly, most of the other arguments presented here are the ones only other parents would complain about. Childless people aren't coming over to your house and judging the toy volume, people with kids at similar age are the ones doing this. Chances are the people around you when you're letting your kid eat junk food are other parents.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login