Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Entitlement and drunk driving by "kids"

Posted by cfdavep 
Entitlement and drunk driving by "kids"
June 01, 2017
http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/05/31/drunken-driver-who-killed-boulder-cyclist-in-hit-and-run-sentenced-to-12-years/

A twenty five year old woman was driving drunk, hit and killed a cyclist in the bike lane and took off. There was the usual "father of three" thing because he was a victim, but the 25 year old drunk driver still had her father sticking up for her in court stating that the cyclist was to blame due to the fact that cycling is dangerous, which it kinda is. I can't imagine biking amongst traffic, but I also can't imagine getting drunk, killing someone ,and then having my father coming to court hoping I would walk free and turning me into the victim. I guess the duh in this case can't face what he raised.
Re: Entitlement and drunk driving by "kids"
June 01, 2017
He was in the bike lane, you said, not in traffic. That's as dangerous as being on the sidewalk and having some drunken person hit you there...not much that can be done about it except to completely punish drunk drivers so as to deter others from doing the same.
June 03, 2017
The good news is that the judge threw the book at him. Remember the "affluenza" kid in Texas? That was Ethan Couch, who got virtually nothing for killing four people while driving drunk. The case took strange twists after that. But I'll bet the outrage over Couch drove the sentence in this Colorado case.

Food for thought: with cannabis widely available legally in Colorado, we'll see similar cases involving driving while stoned.
June 04, 2017
there is an article in the NY Post that 'affluenza kids' parents are just as big shitheads as he is

two cents ΒΆΒΆ

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login