Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Miscarriage certificates. Jesus H Christ on a stick

Posted by cfdavep 
Miscarriage certificates. Jesus H Christ on a stick
June 01, 2017
https://www.yahoo.com/beauty/florida-law-certificates-miscarriages-140603696.html

JAYUS, miscarriage certificates. I bet they are preparing to force them on those that abort. Why is Florida fundie, I thought it was a more liberal state???
Re: Miscarriage certificates. Jesus H Christ on a stick
June 01, 2017
A few Republican states legislated funerals for every abortion and miscarriage.

They're off their rocker. thinks someone else is crazy

I am so glad that I got snipped many years ago. I couldn't imagine being a fertile woman in the USA today.
June 01, 2017
Pretty soon we're going to be mandated to bury our tampons in the backyard with a tombstone over each that says "Here lies Potential Baby 1029053259" or something like that. Please don't tell me they're requiring women to name these things because I'm going to have nightmares for the rest of my life. It reminds me of that fundie idiot who said something about periods being the bloody death of hypothetical babies which would then haunt your ovaries as tiny skeletal ghosts. GMAFB.
June 02, 2017
There are a lot of women who have had miscarriages who fight for "recognition" and want all this nonsense. Of course they don't consider how this plays into the hands of forced birthers, who are more than happy to pass this kind of legislation and appear compassionate to the plight of those who have had miscarriages.

I absolutely think this is more abortion restrictions by stealth. At the very least, it's catering to people who need a good dose of grow-the-fuck-up and learn-to-live-with-disappointment.
June 02, 2017
Peace
A few Republican states legislated funerals for every abortion and miscarriage.

They're off their rocker. thinks someone else is crazy

From a political perspective, I get the funerals for abortions thing-- they're trying to force people to see fetuses as people, and financially punishing women for having an abortion by making them pay for a funeral. But legislating a funeral for a miscarriage? Are they making parents who potentially wanted that child pay for burying a partially-developed fetus just to push their political agenda?

What am I asking. One of the Portland heroes had to start a GFM for medical expenses. Republicans don't care if their agendas screw over everyone else, as long as the system works for them.
June 02, 2017
aes sedai
It reminds me of that fundie idiot who said something about periods being the bloody death of hypothetical babies which would then haunt your ovaries as tiny skeletal ghosts. GMAFB.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! Thanks for the good laugh after a long week! grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley
June 02, 2017
at first, when I read about this, I thought--well,it's ok because they can just REQUEST it--it's not required. But, as with many things, and as Yurble said, it is apparently a secret (not SO secret) plan to "personize" very, very "young" fetuses. A very bad move.
June 03, 2017
aes sedai
Please don't tell me they're requiring women to name these things because I'm going to have nightmares for the rest of my life.

Well, isn't getting to name it the only fun part of reproducing? In the past I've had to get this desire out of my system by naming characters in short stories, and others have to take on pets or discover new species of mushrooms or find new planets. We could all get our fill of naming things if every period got a designation and others all had to recognize and acknowledge the name. It might even reduce the birth rate as teenage girls could use up all the names in their notebooks of potential baby names instead of getting knocked up.

drooling stupification
June 03, 2017
yurble
In the past I've had to get this desire out of my system by naming characters in short stories, and others have to take on pets or discover new species of mushrooms or find new planets. We could all get our fill of naming things if every period got a designation and others all had to recognize and acknowledge the name. It might even reduce the birth rate as teenage girls could use up all the names in their notebooks of potential baby names instead of getting knocked up.

If only teenmoos could go the way of the dinosaurs by naming everything and anything except a fetus, though it's highly unlikely. There are SO many unnamed objects in space these twats could all go work for NASA instead of relying on WIC/welfare checks to fund their flat-screen TVs and bad acrylic manicures. The only problem is that we'd have to deal with planets and stars and asteroids named things like ZenMaKayLeigh to be speshul. Astronomers tend to be very no-nonsense in terms of names (what comes after the Very Large Telescope? The Extremely Large Telescope, of course) so you can just imagine. Still, driving Professor Neutron Star crazy would be a vast improvement over breeding like microbes. We should send a few of them to the SETI institute as well. Just imagine what they'd name aliens if we ever found any.
June 04, 2017
My dad does work with SETI. Maybe I should ask him what the aliens should be named if we find them.

I'm a big name nerd, probably because I hated the name I was given at birth. When I changed my name as an adult I went with something normal but not too common. I would take the same approach if I had kids in some alternate universe. You can be a lot more creative with things like screen names, pets, fictional characters, stars, etc. Ondinette is my own creative version of Ondine. It would be fun to name unfertilized eggs. grinning smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login