Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

imagine that, kids get older. bemused eye roll

Posted by randomcfchick 
imagine that, kids get older. bemused eye roll
June 03, 2017
Someone I was friends with in college just posted something about how all her kids are in school now, it's amazing how fast time has gone, they're growing up, etc. She has four. That's a lot of kids by today's (non-quiverfull) standards. Her husband was not thrilled about arrival of #4, and from what I've observed he lowered the boom, said no more kids, and clues point towards him going on a trip to get a vasectomy. So...now she's all maudlin about how they're growing up, blah blah. The woman has a science degree that's been gathering dust for about nineteen or twenty years now.

Below it, I detect fear about what she'll do once they're ALL at the independent stage. I am so tempted to message her and ask her about that exact topic, ask her what she plans to do, if she'll finally go to grad school like she planned to a couple decades ago. We don't see each other much, so it's not like there's anything to lose. What do you guys think? Could be entertaining, in a schadenfreude way.

Anyone ever given in to temptation and poked at someone whose childed life was looking ridiculous like this?
Re: imagine that, kids get older. bemused eye roll
June 09, 2017
You could send a message that agrees that time does fly.....before you know it...they will be out on their own and have careers, spouses of their own etc., hey friend, what are your plans once they start moving out? That wouldn't be too mean I guess.
June 09, 2017
Honestly, why do so many parents do this? They act as if they have the only kids that have ever aged. Is it just an inevitable part of the lifescript? Once the kids all hit a certain age and there are no more baybees on the way one must talk about how fast time has passed?

Guarandamn-tee you the parents with the severely autistic kids aren't saying this, because their kids will never reach independence!
June 18, 2017
Everyone grows up.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login