Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Super Crazy, Smothering, Attention Whoring Moo on Radio Delilah

Posted by bell_flower 
Super Crazy, Smothering, Attention Whoring Moo on Radio Delilah
June 10, 2017
I'm asking for satellite radio for my birthday to escape local radio, but I digress. There is a night time program called Radio Delilah in the States. Its mostly a musical program where people make dedications, but if features a segment called "Delilah's Dilemma" where people contact her via letter or email for advice.

I was driving home last night from work and it was on. Delilah can be Breederific and it's a "fambilee" show. Delilah herself loves kids and has over 10, but to her credit most of them are adopted, many are special needs, mixed raced kids that were hard to place. She's a proponent of foster care and adoption. I stayed around for the email because Delilah prefaced her advice with "you aren't going to like what I say."

So the email starts like this: Moo lost a three month old infant girl--I believe it was SIDS. The event was within a couple weeks of Moo's birthday, and Moo was unable to celebrate Moo's birthday for many years after.

As the letter goes on, it's soon apparent that this event happened a long time ago, as in, she had a boy child 4 years after the loss and a girl child three years after the boy. Both are grown, and the daughter appears to be around 30. Yes, 30. Complete attention-whoring that martyr Moo mentions the loss when: 1. it's not relevant; 2. so many years have passed.

Moo lists her grievances with her daughter. The daughter married a man that Moo and Dud don't like. Moo had cancer and the daughter never checked on her to see how she was doing, The daughter doesn't contact her on Baybee Loss Day, which is apparently close to Moo-ther's Day and Moo's birthday. Moo made sure to mention, twice, that the lack of contact from Daugher on these successive occasions made Dud "furious," and he had called Daughter to berate her for not contacting Moo SEVERAL times. (Dud sounds like a scary, controlling asshole--is it any wonder that the daughter wants nothing to do with either one of them?)

Even after Dud advised the daughter that he was "done" with her, the lack of contact this year again made him "furious," but when Dud called Daughter's last known phone number, which had been disconnected with no forwarded number, Dud and Moo got the daughter's work number from their son, who says he doesn't want to be in the middle. (Way to go Junior, for ratting out your sibling.) Dud called the daughter at work and berated her again for not calling. She hung up on him twice, and he kept calling her.

Here's the kicker: Moo wrote in her email that if all these measures result in her daughter contacting her, she expects an apology from her daughter because her daughter has treated her so shabbily and her daughter "knows" how badly it hurts Moo.

To her credit, Delilah ripped the Moo a new one and told her she needed professional help. She pointed out how completely deranged it was that the Moo started her letter with the infant loss, and how she put all these expectations on her daughter. She said she should be ashamed of herself for making her daughter responsible for her emotional wellness and what she was doing was stalking.

I kept listening to the letter and I felt complete empathy for the daughter. I hope she and her husband run fast and run far and stay away from these poisonous people. I hope there are restraining orders. And I hope she stays CF because if she ever sprogs, these two poisonous, no-life pieces of scum will probably continue to harass her even worse because GRANDBABIES!

What horrible and vile people.
Sweet Jesus, what a bunch of fruitcakes - is it any wonder daughter cut off all contact.

What stands out with me is the fact that the daughter disconnected the number and didn't give them another, but gave it to the brother. That's not something accidental, that is quite a deliberate to get the fuck away from someone. Then again, I would do the same if they resorted to calling work to abuse you, and then write an email to radio show for support thinks someone else is crazy.

Nope, these people are grade A toxic psychos, that need to be expunged from the poor suffering daughter's life.
Re: Super Crazy, Smothering, Attention Whoring Moo on Radio Delilah
June 11, 2017
I wonder whether Duh is a control freak or if he is just one of Moo's flying monkeys, passing on her feelings as if they were his own, so that she can feel validated in the rightness of her position. I hope daughter can escape their harassment; it sounds like she may need a restraining order seeing as they refuse to accept no contact.
yurble
I wonder whether Duh is a control freak or if he is just one of Moo's flying monkeys, passing on her feelings as if they were his own, so that she can feel validated in the rightness of her position.

I vote flying monkey. Had it been control duhd he would have shown up to where the daughter was. Moombie is sad daughter isn't grieving over death of older sprog and has failed to live up to the dead sprog's shadow. She probably felt from the beginning she was nothing more than a replacement for the dead loaf.

I hope this girl stays as far away from this nest of crazy as freaking possible. I too, also hope she stays CF because if she did calve she would never find any peace from these psycho's.

"It is better not to look like what you are; it is better to look like a bourgeois woman because then all the doors are open for you and then you can just go and make hell." - Marjane Satrapi
June 11, 2017
addiea raine
yurble
I wonder whether Duh is a control freak or if he is just one of Moo's flying monkeys, passing on her feelings as if they were his own, so that she can feel validated in the rightness of her position.

I vote flying monkey.

That was my feeling, as well. There's one person in this family who is batshit crazy, and that's mommy dearest.
June 11, 2017
We're only hearing the professional victim's half of the story. If the daughter doesn't call her Moo on her birthday or on Dead Loaf Day or to check on her due to her illness, there has to be a pretty fucking good reason for it. My guess is Moo raised her daughter and constantly compared her to the dead kid, the latter of whom remained a model of perfection in Moo's mind because the kid never had a chance to grow up and become flawed, so she's got an idyllic fantasy image of what her dead child could have been built up in her head and most likely forced her existing daughter to live in the deceased one's shadow for her whole life.

The daughter probably left the house the moment she turned 18, if not sooner and Moo is just continuing to make it known that it's still all about her and her whims, which means the daughter is the bad guy for not indulging Moo's deranged fantasies and victimhood.

People don't just go "no contact" over minor spats. This daughter had had enough of her mother's shitty behavior and cut ties entirely, and since her brother decided to get in the middle while claiming he wouldn't get in the middle, she's probably going to cut off contact with him too because he can't be trusted to not share her contact information with their insane parents. The daughter has probably been the family scapegoat her entire life and Mommy and Daddy didn't like that she decided to stop being their mental punching bag because then they might have to admit that their problems are their own fault and not their kid's.

Hopefully the daughter will take measures to keep her toxic family from contacting her: restraining orders, changing phone numbers, whatever it takes. Because they obviously can't take the hint.
June 11, 2017
Cambion
We're only hearing the professional victim's half of the story.

And she still manages to come out of it looking horrible. Imagine if we heard the other side.
June 12, 2017
agree here: a) duh is enabling flying monkey. can't stand moos bull shit either and so, passes the abuse on to the daughter. this makes him an ABUSER!!! in my opinion.
b) sonny boy asslicker needs to also be cut off as well since he can't be trusted. Personally, I don't think I would have given him the phone number as that, I think, put him in the middle no matter what he did. also, if he stood up to moo and duh, then the abuse would have fallen on him.
I am no psychologist, but so much can be figured out by simple observation of behavior and logic. namely, I am willing to bet money on my assessments of these people.

two cents ΒΆΒΆ

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
Ha! I absolutely love that Miss Professional Victim got told off. It gives me great pleasure when these psychotic, attention-seeking black holes of despair get shit thrown back at them. I think if she wants to get away from her batshit insane famblee, she'll probably have to move to a different country. And don't give Sonny Boy her number. Clearly, he can't be trusted, and she should cut him off too.
I also just had a sinister thought. What if it wasn't SIDS that killed Angel Loaf. I'm just speculating here, and I'm certainly no psychologist, but given Moo's mental state... weeeelll... I'm wondering if Angel Loaf was crying a little too much that night, and Moo could take it no more. Or maybe I watch too much Investigation Discovery.
electricfire

I also just had a sinister thought...,

I wouldn't rule it out, as pathological attention-seekers with strong disordered personality traits, are capable of it. Munchhausen by-proxy is a classic example of intentional harm of their kids, for personal gain/ attention. It does seem like this demented Moo's black-hole of validation and need would extend to this, especially when it appears that she couldn't handle any attention taken away from her - eg babby.

I come across a fair number of these types in my line of work, and I wouldn't preclude them from any vile and criminal behaviour, if it satisfied some twisted need or purpose.
June 18, 2017
Some parents have a hard time dealing with their kids growing up. They want to be the only thing in their kids' lives and don't want the kids to have much outside of them. They want their kids to have prestigious careers to make them look good, but not much else.

Parents can be such narcissists.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login