Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

GoFundMe BS

Posted by deanad 
GoFundMe BS
June 16, 2017
Marcos Raya Jr (MJ)was born May 13, 2016 a Healthy Baby Boy. We recently celebrated his first birthday. He was very loved by many. He was the apple to his Mom, Dad and sister eyes. He brought so much life into those around him with his cute smile , laughter and happiness. He was taken away to soon. June 9th will be forever remembered the day we lost a soul here on earth but God gained an Angel in heaven. we have been blessed with the support of our Family, Friends and Community. We will never understand why you were taken away from us baby boy. we are estimating the cost of the funeral to be extremly high Anything well help we appreciate the support of Prayers and Donations.

I get that they may need help with funeral expenses since the death was so unexpected (unless one of them killed him, of course). But it strikes me as EXTREMELY tacky, presumptuous, and GREEDY to say "we are estimating the cost of the funeral to be extremely high". Funerals have a LOT of flexibility to them, as far as costs go. They are taking advantage and I will bet they spend a bunch of these gullible contributors' money on shit for themselves.
Re: GoFundMe BS
June 16, 2017
They can have him cremated for a lower cost. If they are going to have him embalmed and put in a special gold-encrusted, personalized casket and buried (or something similar), then yeah it's going to be expensive. Many funeral homes will not shy away from bilking a grieving family out of $$$ by upselling them on unneeded items or even telling them embalming and a special casket are legally required when they are NOT.
June 17, 2017
Maybe if they stop spending money on pseudo-German capital letters they'd have enough for a basic funeral.
June 17, 2017
Bullshit. Most places either give a very steep discount for unexpected loafy deaths or free. Even the casket is next to nothing. The only expense is the actual grave site which you can pay for each month. When nephew died (or murdered as it's still undetermined), retard and wife paid for nothing at all, yet they got about 6k in gofundme money.....not to mention all the donations from everyone. The pahrunts are just cashing in on their "tragedy" by doing this.

"It is better not to look like what you are; it is better to look like a bourgeois woman because then all the doors are open for you and then you can just go and make hell." - Marjane Satrapi
June 17, 2017
yurble
Maybe if they stop spending money on pseudo-German capital letters they'd have enough for a basic funeral.

My thoughts exactly.
June 17, 2017
skyeyes
yurble

My thoughts exactly.

Do I look down on people who cannot use their native language properly? Why yes, I do.
June 18, 2017
Like addiea raine said, a lot of funeral homes will do cheap or free loaf funerals. Many will do kid funerals for free up to a certain age (like 2-3 years old). Soooo I'd love to know what these high estimated funeral expenses are going to be because even if a loaf funeral had all the same billed expenses as an adult one, everything would still be cheaper than an adult funeral because everything would be much smaller for a loaf service. Smaller casket/urn, less materials used for preparation (if they want an open-casket service), smaller grave and grave marker if it were to be buried.

If I had to guess, the truth is probably closer to this:

"Hey everybody, so our kid died and you should feel bad for us! We'll totally get a funeral for free, but in order to help us during our time of mourning, you should give us money so we can make ourselves feel better with a brand new TV, a swimming pool, a new car or a vacation or two so we can attempt to fill the void our dearly-departed angel has left in our hearts."

Even if they couldn't afford a funeral that wasn't free, unless they visited a completely sleazy parlor, I think a decent funeral director would help them have as affordable and dignified of a service as possible. These people didn't get the luxury of having a long-term attention sponge because it died too soon, so they want to milk the short-term sympathy for all its worth. Besides, I seriously doubt both parents are completely alienated from all family and friends, so why aren't their relatives helping pay for the funeral? Even if the family hates the parents' guts, I imagine they would never hold that hatred against a kid who didn't ask to be born and would want to give it proper after-death care.

Not a cent of that money is going toward a funeral. It's all for Mommy and Daddy to buy some big, expensive toys for themselves.
June 18, 2017
Cambion
Not a cent of that money is going toward a funeral. It's all for Mommy and Daddy to buy some big, expensive toys for themselves.

...or fund IVF for the rainbow baybee.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login