Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Drunk drivers who are parents should get a pass

Posted by yurble 
Drunk drivers who are parents should get a pass
June 22, 2017
Or so claim some people, who objected to a newspaper naming everyone arrested for drinking and driving because it was on the rise.

But it seems some people objected the the Mountain Scene trying to shame people, because of kids:

Are you absolutely kidding me? What about their children ffs mountain scene. Yeah brilliant let’s SHAME people into changing behaviour. Because that’s worked the world over.

I guess people with kids should be left to commit manslaughter, rather than be faced with the consequences of their choices.
Re: Drunk drivers who are parents should get a pass
June 22, 2017
So if you commit a murder or robbery etc, they shouldn't put your pic and name in the paper in case your kids see it? Shhhhh, news outlets,dont put Trump's name in the paper about any investigations, Barron might see it. Geez
June 23, 2017
Unfortunately this isn't at all uncommon and it's even true for heinous crimes where people are killed.

I was watching a documentary about Kristen Gilbert, a nurse who killed her patients. She was convicted of four murders but was suspected in many more.

She was eligible for the death penalty and her lawyer at the time made the case that she shouldn't be put to death for the sake of her chyldrun and she could someday "tell her chyldrun why she did what she did." I was so disgusted--fuck the children--what about the people whose family member never came home after routine medical procedures?

But a jury bought that shit, probably because they were Breeders themselves.

She was also a Mommy. She had two boys and had left her husband not long before she was caught. She left her kids with her husband--how ridiculous to think she was going to have any meaningful contact with her kids anyway and to base a decision on that, particularly since she's going to be locked up the rest of her life.

The medical system, government, criminal justice system, they are all fucked up due to pronatalism.
June 24, 2017
bell_flower
The medical system, government, criminal justice system, they are all fucked up due to pronatalism.

Stories like the one you recounted make me yearn for ancient criminal justice, where if a parent committed some horrible crime you might kill their kids too, just to make sure they wouldn't turn out the same.

....of course it isn't fair, but it's no less unfair than what you recounted, and perhaps it actually would act as a deterrent in these days if the breeders knew all the "My kids are my life" posturing would be pointless as the jury would know that the breeder's actions had condemned their children.
July 23, 2017
I'm wondering if we need to make this thread sticky. Suggested title: Do Something Horrible and You're a Parent? Get a Slap on the Wrist.

I happened to see this story about a Melrose Place twunt "actress" named Amy Locane, who was three-times-the-legal-limit drunk and killed someone on the way home from a barbeque in 2010. (Note: Prior to the crash on the same night, she had rear-ended someone else and fled the scene.)

The story is dated 2017. According to the story, she was eligible for a 15 year sentence and served a grand total of 2.5 years because KIDZ! Here's the info about the piece of shit judge who gave her a slap on the wrist:

The judge, Robert B. Reed, sentenced her to three years out of a maximum 15 — highlighting a belief that Locane would not drive drunk again and noting a concern for her younger daughter, who has an intestinal bowel disorder.

I'm so sick of these Breederific judges who reduce jail time for these people. She had a kid, so what? I would bet she also drove drunk with her kid in the car and neglected her kid....all the more reason to send her ass to jail so her kids can be raised by someone responsible.

The victim was likely childless/free....no mention of kids. She was a university professor but nobody cares about her because she's not doing TMIJITW!

Reed’s decision infuriated the victim’s husband, Fred, who was seen shouting on video from that day, according to EW.
“This is not justice,” he said. “Having a sick child doesn’t give you a pass to kill my wife. … What a travesty. What a joke.” (He declined to comment for EW‘s latest story and has filed suit against Locane.)

I hope Fred gets every cent this bitch ever made or will make. (And she's not trying for a comeback, y'all....she was quoted in the article saying that would be *sleazy.*)
July 23, 2017
bell_flower
(And she's not trying for a comeback, y'all....she was quoted in the article saying that would be *sleazy.*)

But killing his wife and getting away with it wasn't? Hope Karma bites this bitch in the ass hard.

"It is better not to look like what you are; it is better to look like a bourgeois woman because then all the doors are open for you and then you can just go and make hell." - Marjane Satrapi
August 03, 2017
Here's more food for thought: most people don't get nailed for DUI the very first time they turn the key under the influence. They've usually driven boozed/high before, often with others in the car...which often included their minor children.

So, no...they should not get a pass, because they've likely been endangering people and/or damaging property before they finally got caught.
August 03, 2017
I think parents should be punished more. They've not only fucked up their lives and their victims' lives, but their children's lives. If they've jeopardized their kids with their behavior (like driving drunk with kids in the car) or put their ongoing care at risk (jeopardized their own lives, risked jail time, etc.), then there should be an extra punishment for screwing up things for their kids, as well.
August 04, 2017
Kittehpeoples, you speak the truth. Breeders SHOULD have the book thrown at them when they commit a crime, not only because they endanger themselves, others and their sprogs in the immediate, but they are also raising a generation of kids who will think it's okay to drink and drive, and possibly screw up more lives. I guess the notion of 'teaching by example' is out.
August 04, 2017
i think dr L (and others) stated statistics on drunk driving (and molesters) that they 'offend' x amount of times before they get caught. very sickening.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
August 07, 2017
mumofsixbirds
they are also raising a generation of kids who will think it's okay to drink and drive, and possibly screw up more lives. I guess the notion of 'teaching by example' is out.

Also an excellent point. Breeders act like they're the center of the universe. No wonder their kids are out of control.
August 07, 2017
If breeders get off easy then their kids will learn by example that, if they commit crimes that endanger other people's safety, they'll get away with it(or just get a slap on the wrist). If someone has an ounce of sense, they'll use it as an opportunity to teach their kids that actions have consequences, so don't make the same mistakes that moomy or duhddy made.

I went to school for years with a woman whose father got arrested for DUI, I think when she was in college. They were involved in the community, had a lot of friends, etc. so it obviously didn't go unnoticed and I t sounds like he'd had a drinking problem for some time. On the dad's one-year anniversary of getting sober, the daughter wrote a long post on Facebook about how he took responsibility, used it as a teaching experience, etc. It can be done.
August 09, 2017
rudeawakening
On the dad's one-year anniversary of getting sober, the daughter wrote a long post on Facebook about how he took responsibility, used it as a teaching experience, etc. It can be done.

Eh, but that takes effort. Breeders are not about effort (or personal responsibility).

winking smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login