Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Stupid professor encourages student to bring baybee to class

Posted by freya 
Stupid professor encourages student to bring baybee to class
June 25, 2017
Are the other students entitled to a refund?

Oh, and a pearl of wisdom from the moo: moohood is soooo hard...
Re: Stupid professor encourages student to bring baybee to class
June 26, 2017
I would be SO FREAKING PISSED OFF if someone brought a baybee into my classes.

I don't want to prevent any parents from studying and making a better life for their kids - I do support that, but childcare needs to be arranged away from the class environment. Just not fair on other students. I struggle to take notes during lectures, because it's difficult for me to take in what's being said, comprehend it AND figure out what notes I should write - I'm dyspraxic, but if I need to I'll watch the lecture back via the university portal as they video them all and upload them now. I don't see why no-childcare moo couldn't have done that? Thinking about the needs just in our group at uni, we have people with dyslexia who use note takers, also people with English as a second language on my course, those people especially would be disadvantaged if a moo brought a baybee into the lecture.

One of my uni friends who is on the same course as me but in the next year on mentioned that one of her course mates who is in her personal development group, where you have to take the initiative to meet up in your own time, brought a toadler to the meeting because no childcare, they told her not to do it again because it was too disruptive, the group is meant to be for contemplation and reflection of your own personal beliefs, views, etc. Imagine trying to have a serious conversation about that with a two year old interrupting. Of course Moo cried discrimination, but from what my friend said it sounds like the course leader shot her down and then told the whole class that they can't bring children to their study groups without the prior agreement of all group members, which seems fair.

I pity any moos who get me in their development group next year, because there is no way in hell I would be agreeing to someone bringing a toadler. An older child maybe, if they could sit at another table and draw or get on with their own thing, whatever it is kids do these days, but not a little kid that needs constant watching and will interrupt all the time.
This story is so ridiculous and hackneyed I don't know where to begin. And the comments section? It's saccharine enough to make any reasonable person violently ill.

More importantly, is anyone else as completely worn out as I am when reading about the need to have empathy and compassion?

Being reasonably charitable and kind are both good traits, but this compassion and empathy stuff is warping into an entirely different meaning in the way that authors are describing it, including the way it is implied in this piece and in the comments section. They are basically saying, "I demand you conform to my lifestyle, and if you don't, that means you're a non-empathetic asshole."
June 29, 2017
I have found, at least in my own experience, that the people who are most vocal about needing empathy and compassion are the ones who are the least likely to show it to others.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
"Not every ejaculation deserves a name" - George Carlin
LoveToLurk
I have found, at least in my own experience, that the people who are most vocal about needing empathy and compassion are the ones who are the least likely to show it to others.

Precisely.

Obstructing the learning process for other students so you can avoid paying for daycare is not demonstrating compassion. It does, however, demonstrate indifference and perhaps narcissism as well.
June 29, 2017
The loaf looks retarded - maybe because its tongue is hanging out so far? And Korbyn sounds like a tard name to me.

University classrooms are NOT the place to drag in crotchloaves.

Next time get a fucking babysitter.

Better yet, use some fucking birth control.
I worked my way through college, and the single MOOs pissed me off more than any other population on campus. Free tuition, free apartment, free food, and now they want to turn the world into daycare. When my classmates and I would be standing around doing the usual griping about projects and tests, one of them would always chime in with, "try doing it with a kid." Fuck you, lady. Try paying for your own groceries. Hope you like ramen. And I dare any of them to compare their sleep-deprivation to working full-time and going to school full-time. I stayed awake at the laundry mat every week (zombie laundry) fueled by my hatred for those bitches cozily at home in Section 8 housing, complete with a washer/dryer.

I also don't recall any of my teachers in college telling me to bring a barf bag or a pillow so that I could attend class comfortably with a hangover. Since when is getting knocked up a more valid lifestyle choice than binge-drinking? When I was in college, I smoked. Smoking is a personal choice that annoys the people around you, probably even less than a baby, so why did no one let me smoke in class? Have some compassion - it's an addiction, not a choice! God, I hate society.
June 30, 2017
When I went back to graduate school in 2010 I saw first hand the amount of scholarships available for single moms. It was maddening. They can go for free. But me, a married woman in my late 20's that had been working steadily and contributing to the economy for the past five years? I couldn't even get a special low interest loan. Only highway robbery style student loans for me. And the total cost of my degree was more than my yearly salary, so it's not like I could easily afford it out of pocket.

They don't even pay for their educations. And the students paying full price (plus interest) are supposed to be the ones making sacrifices? Fuck off.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
"Not every ejaculation deserves a name" - George Carlin
June 30, 2017
When I was in college, I saw mothers bringing their kids to class. They NEVER failed to disrupt. I was there on a scholarship, but had I been out of pocket for those classes, I would have been even more fucking furious than I was. Poor life choices on your part (child you can't afford/take care of) should not impinge on my or anyone else's education. Get a sitter or stay the fuck home.
July 04, 2017
When I was in college back in the early 1980s, the idea that there would be little kids in any of my classes was totally, and mean totally unheard of! I cannot recall a single time I ever saw a kid in class or in any of the buildings used for our classes, or in any of the administration buildings. This was an adult atmosphere, not a dang nursery or elementary school building. I would have flipped out if there was some crying baby in any of my classes at any time. What the heck happened in the last 30 years anyway?
I'm continually amazed that in this day and age, with all the conveniences, technology, and viable options, breeders seem less capable of dealing with their little burdens than even 20 years ago. There is literally a well-known company and website where you can easily find a babysitter/nanny/carer and schedule them in advance for the duration of the semester. There is absolutely no excuse for ever needing to bring a baby to class. If you can't afford a babysitter, you can't afford a child.

It's completely unfair to the other students who are taking on six figures of debt that they can't ever get rid of even if they declare bankruptcy to be subject to the distraction and whims of an irresponsible breeder who is getting their education subsidized not for academic achievements or even athletic prowess, but because they reproduced.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login