Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Well, That Was An Unusual Experience.......

Posted by retro lizard 
Well, That Was An Unusual Experience.......
June 30, 2017
So, I like a song by one of my personal idols that was giving props to his mom, his daughter, & his wife.......& I liked it, because he was just giving them a warranted nod. No schmaltz, no biased & unwarranted praise, no condescending implications regarding those who are not of those demographics, just talking about them & relevant subject matter without vomiting oxytocin. As a matter of fact, he has stated that he does not advocate for sugarcoating & believes that people should follow their own path, which includes bucking the lifescript. He's made it apparent that he's a PNB. He only mentions the aforementioned relatives when its relevant & its straight to the point & back to the subject. He/he & his wife gave their daughter an intellectually stimulating book at the age of 9. He's amazing as a dude & a musician, & the planet needs more people like him. Most of the lyrics he has written address social ills & political corruption. He also retains particularly profound letters from fans who were inspired & motivated by him & his band. He has his own charitable organization geared toward human rights & wildlife conservation.

I'm staunchly childfree, yet I think this is the first time I actually like a song with that type of subject matter, due to it being a stark contrast to the usual songs about famblee that ooze with syrup & bad messages.
Re: Well, That Was An Unusual Experience.......
June 30, 2017
Meh....
June 30, 2017
mumofsixbirds
Meh....

What was the point of responding then?
June 30, 2017
Because I actually took the time to read it, and my thought afterwards was just 'meh'.
June 30, 2017
mumofsixbirds
Because I actually took the time to read it, and my thought afterwards was just 'meh'.

Fair enough. I don't always know what to say myself.
July 01, 2017
Well, there is rule 15, which basically boils down to "nobody wants to hear glowing praise about a rare good encounter with a PNB because this isn't the PANK board." (There is a PANK board, it's called savvyauntie. two faces puking)
July 01, 2017
This has little to do with PANKs or gushing about the rare PNB with good kids, seeing as how I haven't exactly constantly clogged up the forum with topics of that subject. That would be hypocritical & stupid. I didn't think posting something of this nature every once in a blue moon would be a problem, as long as there is no gushing. I don't think my wording sounded like gushing, just explaining. I just thought it would be a refresher & dose of reassurance. Nothing more, nothing less.

Also, I'm definitely no PANK. I'm about as interested in child relatives as I am watching paint dry, while grass grows.
July 02, 2017
PANK? confused smiley OMG I didn't know that something like this exists.

Does someone know such a person? I don't, I have never seen and heard of someone like this.
It sounds to me like some fictional character - something like tooth fairy?
I am sure that breeders only wish to be surrounded by PANKs.
July 02, 2017
Checking the board mentioned by yurble.

It looks like collection point for Infertile Myrtles but there are also CF women:

http://savvyauntie.com/CommunityForumThread.aspx?ID=1630&GroupID=70&Name=Insensitive%20things%20people%20say!
July 02, 2017
As if breeders don't get enough worship everywhere else, I don't really want to worship them here on the board just because they've procreated. I'm sure the guy is a great singer, has an awesome career, but he didn't really buck the lifescript. He's a breeder because he's bred.

I am expected to bow down and honor the feet of parents all the time, I just don't want to do it here on this board. Otherwise, I would be on the PANK board myself.
July 02, 2017
mumofsixbirds
As if breeders don't get enough worship everywhere else, I don't really want to worship them here on the board just because they've procreated. I'm sure the guy is a great singer, has an awesome career, but he didn't really buck the lifescript. He's a breeder because he's bred.

I am expected to bow down and honor the feet of parents all the time, I just don't want to do it here on this board. Otherwise, I would be on the PANK board myself.

Where did I say anything about worshiping him simply for procreating? I was praising him for talking about famblee without vomiting schmaltz. not because he bred. I never said he bucked the lifescript, I said he advocates for no sugarcoating & following your own path, as opposed to doing what you're expected to do in society. That was regarding his beliefs about what others should be able to do with their lives. I'm not going to argue about whether or not the term breeder should apply to all parents, because that's petty & stupid nitpicking, & there are actual problems the chlidfree face that are more important than semantics games. Again, I'm not expecting anyone to praise & worship him simply for being a PNB, hence the mention of other noteworthy things he has done. I just thought it would be a refresher & dose of reassurance. Nothing more, nothing less. So much for supposedly taking the time to read what I said.
July 03, 2017
I actually read that wall o'text three times before responding.

First, why are you coming to a childfree rant site thinking that we need reassurance about the few breeders out there that are okay? I don't think any of us need reassurance that there are decent breeders out there, but the ones spoken on the internet are many, the ones I've encountered in real life are rare.

Second, it seems to be a 'do as I say, don't do as I do' mentality, because he is telling his fans to buck the lifescript, yet he did the most lifescripty thing you can think of. He's bred. My point about ALL parents being breeders is the fact that they themselves have buckled and sluiced, despite creating their own misery and adding to overpopulation. He is no exception to that rule.
July 03, 2017
yurble
Well, there is rule 15, which basically boils down to "nobody wants to hear glowing praise about a rare good encounter with a PNB because this isn't the PANK board." (There is a PANK board, it's called savvyauntie. two faces puking)

I had no idea these types of boards exist.
If I don't want to have the little fuckers myself, what makes breeders think I'd be willing to spend my hard earned cash on their spawn?
Nieces and nephews are no exception. I always it so cringe worthy when supposedly CF people say how much they luuuuv their nieces and nephews, but don't want any of their own. Methinks those types are CF in name only, who would happily keep the "little accident," should their birth control fail.

For the record, I don't want to read about happy famblee breeders here, either. That's what reddit is for.
Just Wanted to Clarify Something.......
March 20, 2018
I posted something with haste awhile back about a song I said I liked despite its parental angle, due to it not being total schmaltzy fluff. Well, something in my life was coming to light, that hadn't quite kicked in at that time. Now it has, & now I'm not too wild about that song because it reminds me of something painful, something very personal that involves familial problems. Now, several things of that subject matter are painful to me, including some things that some may assume would be the opposite.

I deliberately abandoned the thread early on, because I didn't want to risk it getting too heated. I stand by my defenses of the musician, because everything I said about him, ultimately had nothing to do with him being a parent & the intellect & humility behind his & his band's topical work gives them the right to encourage people to follow their own paths in life. There is nothing hypocritical about a broad minded & egalitarian individual who is incidentally a parent, advocating for deviating from the life script & encouraging free thinking. Its pretentious, condescending breeders undermining us, I have a problem with.

The reason I'm bringing this up, is because I was annoyed with my previous haste regarding the song & because I thought perhaps some of the other statements in the previous original post may have been a little vague. I'm most certainly no breeder pleaser. I'm bringing it up now, after all of this time, because I got tired of it as a potential topic popping in my head.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login