Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Heart transplant patient dies right after giving birth bawling

Posted by tiredchicken 
Heart transplant patient dies right after giving birth bawling
July 01, 2017
Birth apparently went smoothly but a few hours later she went downhill and died. There's been a bunch of money raised for the sob story on Go Fund Me so the new single dad doesn't have to "tour" for a while (apparently he is some kind of Christian singer or something?).

No mention as to how much of a risk a pregnancy is or could be for a heart transplant recipient. I wonder if she was advised against it and did it anyway. I probably sound like I'm trying to blame her for her own death, but I am tired of the "deathly ill woman gets pregnant and carries to term despite sure death" kind of story that comes out and all the moos and wanna-moos go "aaaaaaw, what a brave, wonderful woman" as if it's more laudable to go ahead and have a baby under bad circumstances than it is to just realize you should probably adopt or go child-free if you are sick/can't afford it/don't want children/whatever. Ugh!

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/30/health/heart-transplant-survivor-dies-after-giving-birth-trnd/index.html
Re: Heart transplant patient dies right after giving birth bawling
July 01, 2017
Edit: Double post.
July 01, 2017
No, I don't think you are victim blaming here. I agree, its bullshit. Knowing how stupid & selfish breeders are, it likely played out exactly as you suspect.
July 02, 2017
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-4652516/Heart-transplant-survivor-31-dies-giving-birth.html

Although Meg underwent a heart transplant seven years ago - after contracting myocarditis, a disease of inflamed heart muscles, as a teen - doctors said they do not believe this was the underlying factor in her death.

Her organs have been donated; they will save 50 lives help two people to see via transplants.

A family friend started a GoFundMe page that has surpassed $295,000 to support her musician widower and their little girl

Meg's cause of death is not yet clear.
Women who have suffered myocarditis, as Meg did, are at high risk of peripartum cardiomyopathy (PPCM), an incredibly hard-to-spot and uncommon form of heart failure.
PPCM occurs during the last month of pregnancy or up to five months after giving birth
Symptoms can be very similar to typical third-semester problems, making diagnosis difficult.
PPCM enlarges and weakens the heart chambers. This leads to less blood flow in the left ventricle and the heart can't pump blood to vital organs.
The objective of PPCM treatment is to keep extra fluid from collecting in the lungs and to help the heart recover as fully as possible.
Physicians recommend that women avoid cigarettes and alcohol, eat a well-balanced diet and get regular exercise to maintain a healthy heart.
Women who develop PPCM are at high risk of developing the same condition with future pregnancies.

@ I would say that physicians should recommend women not to breed under such circumstances
July 02, 2017
Additional info - comment from the article:

'm now 49 years old. Two years ago I suffered the exact same heart failure (one which started from a simple virus). My ejection fraction was less than 10%. I have been told that I am not to have any more children as a result of this condition. I'm shocked that she was cleared by doctors to give birth? So sad. May God bring peace and comfort to her family.
July 02, 2017
Her husband should have gotten a vasectomy the second he married her. WTF kind of a real man would willingly reproduce with a woman at that kind of risk. This story proves the ultimate selfishness of breeders, she cared more about her own desire to breed than about the fact she was risking leaving her poor baby motherless.
July 02, 2017
I feel bad for the kid that's going to grow up thinking that he killed his mom.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
"Not every ejaculation deserves a name" - George Carlin
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login