Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Airplane moo woes

Posted by freya 
Airplane moo woes
July 03, 2017
I booked a flight over 2 mos. ago and choose my seat at that time. Arrived 3 hours early to insure I was checked in early enough to receive my seat.

Right after entering the window seat I shut the blind to the window as it was around 95 degrees outside and I wanted to keep the plane as cool as possible. Note that 95% of the blinds were shut for this reason. Geezer Moo or grand moo (not sure which one she was) had just sat in the aisle seat and immediately asked me if I could open the blind to the window for her brat so brat can see outside. Because the tarmac is so exciting to see, after all. I told her I shut the window to keep it from getting any hotter and would reopen it once the plane had taken off and the a/c is running again. Apparently, this was the wrong thing to say. Apparently she was expecting me to give up my seat to her brat immediately. She then very loudly announces to her husband that she will make sure to straighten out the window situation in a very combative tone. Apparently a neighboring man heard her hissy fit and offered to trade spaces with her brat. So her brat then joins more of her brats on another aisle. She moos and lows to him, going on and on about working at a Christian church along with her husband.

The majority of the flight we are in the clouds and there is nothing but haze, so I mostly left the window closed.

I just don't get this. If she wants all of her brats to have a window view or sit together then purchase early and choose the seats. Why the grossly inflated sense of entitlement. And to act like that and brag about working for a Christian church?

I'm not changing seats with anyone on the plane. I don't care if it is a kid, an adult or an aardvark.
Re: Airplane moo woes
July 03, 2017
freya
She moos and lows to him, going on and on about working at a Christian church along with her husband.

The majority of the flight we are in the clouds and there is nothing but haze, so I mostly left the window closed.

I just don't get this. If she wants all of her brats to have a window view or sit together then purchase early and choose the seats. Why the grossly inflated sense of entitlement. And to act like that and brag about working for a Christian church?

They expect parent perks and "christian perks."

The minute someone like this starts in on being "christian" put one hand on your wallet and the other on your naughty bits because they are going to try and screw you one way or the other.

I find a lot of religious people do this. They have an attitude of " I go to church and read the bible, therefore I am one of the good guys. God knows this so he will have me randomly sit with someone who will give me and my kids what I want." Then they seem shocked when it doesn't work. When the other person doesn't give them what they want then the other person is just an unethical non Christian. They want empathy for them, but they will not give it back. I think Studio54 said something about this empathy thing recently.
July 03, 2017
I reserve my seat in advance for just this reason. Window seats are more comfortable for me...I haven't measured but it feels like there's a little more space, and I like to look out (when the weather's clear). If I'm flying a cheap carrier like Southwest, I'll even pay a couple bucks more to reserve that seat. I'm with you, freya.
July 03, 2017
thom_c
The minute someone like this starts in on being "christian" put one hand on your wallet and the other on your naughty bits because they are going to try and screw you one way or the other.

I need to remember the way you phrased that, because it's so true about the kind of people who talk about it (as opposed to the kind who are but don't make a fuss about it).
July 03, 2017
thom_c

My mom was Catholic, and she told me more than once that she was always suspicious of anyone who needed to tell you what a good Christian they are (including other Catholics). She figured if you really were a good one, people would know (that whole "know us by our love" thing, I guess), and that if you needed to tell people, you were hiding something.
July 03, 2017
cfdavep
I find a lot of religious people do this. They have an attitude of " I go to church and read the bible, therefore I am one of the good guys. God knows this so he will have me randomly sit with someone who will give me and my kids what I want." Then they seem shocked when it doesn't work. When the other person doesn't give them what they want then the other person is just an unethical non Christian. They want empathy for them, but they will not give it back. I think Studio54 said something about this empathy thing recently.

Empathy is the new indicator of "emotional intelligence" among the talking heads. But it isn't virtuous. It leads to individual prejudices for and against certain ideas/groups for irrational reasons. Being rational and charitable are a far better practice.

Worse yet, you've got people playing the empathy card in order to bully others into getting what they want.

This scenario is yet another example of that circumstance. "Give me your seat! Can't you see that I'm a parent? Can't you empathize with my situation???" The implication, of course, is that those who can't/don't empathize are sociopathic assholes--which is wholly untrue.

"Empathy," so-called, is just another tool that loudmouth bullies will use as part of their daily behavior. Don't fall for this trick--call it out when you see it. I refuse to be held hostage by this kind of obnoxious, entitled nonsense.
July 03, 2017
Playing the religion card would never work with me. I'm an atheist, and a flying-spaghetti-monster-damned good one LOL!
July 04, 2017
deegee
Playing the religion card would never work with me. I'm an atheist, and a flying-spaghetti-monster-damned good one LOL!

I am perfectly reasonable when I meet people who use their religion to privately enhance their own lives, but I give zero fucks when someone tries to bully me using religion as virtue signaling.
July 04, 2017
I will gladly switch seats for a NEED - I have switched before so a child could sit with her mother, it seemed unfair for the airline to have separated them and also the mother seemed like a PNB - she wasn't hinting or demanding. The second I get a whiff of entitlement, I dig my heels in and will not be moved. A brat WANTING the window seat is literally no reason for anyone else to give theirs up - it does kids good to understand that you can't always have what you want in life.
July 04, 2017

She then very loudly announces to her husband that she will make sure to straighten out the window situation in a very combative tone.

Window shade would've stayed the fuck down the entire flight if this bitch said this around me.
July 04, 2017
In scripture, and it is Jesus talking here, he said (paraphrase) 'don't be as the pharasees and loudly trumpet prayers, giving, etc. If you are going to give, or pray do so in private where the Father will see, and reward openly.' Seems to me this moo violated that, at least the spirit of it.
Furthermore, 'he who is last shall be first, and he who is first shall be last.'...

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.

July 04, 2017
Her other two kids were on another row and one of them had a window seat. I get the impression she thought she could monopolize other window seats with Christian guilt but no such luck. Her three kids (grandkids) sat together after the man switched seats with the kid that was beside me. If she wanted them to have a window seat so badly either let the 3 of them alternate or reserve seats far enough in advance.

I didn't hear the kids say much of anything and they weren't complaining about the window, it was her doing so.
July 04, 2017
thom_c

Yes, avoid these people!
I was feeling kind of sick at the time and refused to be pulled into her drama. I didn't even look at the witch until the very end of the flight.
July 04, 2017
cfdavep

I think this is exactly it, how dare total strangers not kiss the ass of Christian moo?
July 04, 2017
kittehpeoples
My mom was Catholic, and she told me more than once that she was always suspicious of anyone who needed to tell you what a good Christian they are (including other Catholics). She figured if you really were a good one, people would know (that whole "know us by our love" thing, I guess), and that if you needed to tell people, you were hiding something.

Exactly, just like men who refer to themselves as a "nice guy" rarely are nice. If you have to proclaim it then it probably isn't true. Those that are live it.
July 04, 2017
StudioFiftyFour
Empathy is the new indicator of "emotional intelligence" among the talking heads. But it isn't virtuous. It leads to individual prejudices for and against certain ideas/groups for irrational reasons. Being rational and charitable are a far better practice.

Worse yet, you've got people playing the empathy card in order to bully others into getting what they want.

This scenario is yet another example of that circumstance. "Give me your seat! Can't you see that I'm a parent? Can't you empathize with my situation???" The implication, of course, is that those who can't/don't empathize are sociopathic assholes--which is wholly untrue.

"Empathy," so-called, is just another tool that loudmouth bullies will use as part of their daily behavior. Don't fall for this trick--call it out when you see it. I refuse to be held hostage by this kind of obnoxious, entitled nonsense.

This is exactly what she did. Completely ignored my response and attempted to escalate the situation through loud mouthing and causing a scene. Until the shining knight in the next row over volunteered his seat. I was about 5 seconds away from playing my headset the rest of the flight and tuning her out before this happened. Not going to be bullied by her or anyone else. Luckily the seat switch with him stopped the bad behavior.
July 04, 2017
stillwaters

She then very loudly announces to her husband that she will make sure to straighten out the window situation in a very combative tone.

Window shade would've stayed the fuck down the entire flight if this bitch said this around me.

I only opened it to take photographs and my head staying glued to it the entire last 40 minutes. When I wasn't looking outside the shade stayed down. She shouldn't have attempted to bully a complete stranger. She was definitely of grandmoo age and if she still hasn't learned she captures more flies with honey than vinegar then it is high time she figure it out.
July 05, 2017
freya

This is exactly what she did. Completely ignored my response and attempted to escalate the situation through loud mouthing and causing a scene. Until the shining knight in the next row over volunteered his seat. I was about 5 seconds away from playing my headset the rest of the flight and tuning her out before this happened. Not going to be bullied by her or anyone else. Luckily the seat switch with him stopped the bad behavior.

The only thing worse than narcissistic bullies are the White Knights who coddle their every whim.
July 06, 2017
StudioFiftyFour
freya

The only thing worse than narcissistic bullies are the White Knights who coddle their every whim.
And it's why that behavior seems to get reinforced. Because she knows that if you don't do it, somebody else will, thus giving this gmoo the incentive to swing those big brassy balls around.
July 09, 2017
Exactly. I wasn't happy that he stepped in but it did keep the fire away from me! Note that everyone else on the plane (including the kids) seemed to not give a shit. Moo just used her kid (grandkid) as a pawn.
July 09, 2017
StudioFiftyFour
freya

Yes, they had their circle jerk about being Christian and their kids. Went on for about an hour because once he switched seats she went from bitch mode to simpering sweet mode. Yawn.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login