Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Parents not feeding their kids?

Parents not feeding their kids?
July 03, 2017
What is with parents not feeding their kids? Lately I've been hearing more and more from my niece that she's hungry, and could I buy her something. I tell her no, as right now I work part time only, and for minimum wage (I am looking for a second job, because my request for full time is being ignored). I told her that she should eat at home. According to her, her parents won't let her come home to eat since she moved in with her girlfriend and her family. I suggested she just eat whatever is in her girlfriends house. She said she can't, because there isn't anything to eat. Now, thinking she meant what most teenagers mean, ei that there is nothing they are currently craving, I asked her what is in the house, so I could walk her through making pancakes or potatoes or something. Nope, apparently, there isn't even a bag of flour and a carton of eggs in that house. How is that possible? There are at least 6 people, I kid you not, in that house. Granduh and grandmoo live there with their son, all of his children {however many there are}, and what I think are his three siblings {one of them is nieces girlfriend}. I asked my niece what her girlfriends parents eat, if there isn't food. Her response? The parents keep their own stash of food in their bedroom and no one in the house can take any. saying 'wtf'. Why would you even have kids if you can't feed them? Birth control CAN'T POSSIBLY be more expensive than raising 3 kids. Just saying 'wtf'?

Sorry for ranting. In all seriousness though, WHY do people have kids if they can't or won't feed them?

Tldr, my niece keeps asking me for money, because apparently neither her parents nor her girlfriend's parents are in the habit of feeding their kids.

Lock him up or put him down.
Stolen from Shiny.
Re: Parents not feeding their kids?
July 03, 2017
If this REALLY is the case.... Three letters.... C P S Sounds like a houseful of dysfunction going on there.
July 03, 2017
starlady
If this REALLY is the case.... Three letters.... C P S Sounds like a houseful of dysfunction going on there.

I agree. The pros need called in if there really isn't food in the house.
July 04, 2017
Like seriously...this isn't normal at all. Definitely time to refer it to social services or safeguarding or whatever.
July 04, 2017
this kind of abnormal behavior does not surprise me in the least

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
July 04, 2017
yeah, in addition I think it is time to call in the authorities. think they are all living in the stone age. I think i'd tell niece to go home or go get her own place. How old is she anyway??

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
July 04, 2017
My niece is 17. I don't have the texts saved, would those be necessary to call?

Lock him up or put him down.
Stolen from Shiny.
July 04, 2017
I'm involved in a back and forth about now free school lunches in Breed Hills. I say if you can't feed them, don't breed em, but others say only God can judge, I can't. The usual about life can change and when you have the kids you can afford them and a lot can happen in 18 years but maybe they cannot afford kids in the first place.
July 04, 2017
I assume that CPS would do their own investigation, so they would not rely on the texts. But now you know to save them, I guess.
July 04, 2017
I'm glad you tell her no but this is completely weird! Her parents need to feed her and all their kids.
July 05, 2017
contemplativeintrovert
My niece is 17. I don't have the texts saved, would those be necessary to call?

I wouldn't think so, either. If she just told you verbally, you would still be able to make some kind of report and then, as reeniebessagain said, it's up to them to verify it.

mr. neptune
I say if you can't feed them, don't breed em, but others say only God can judge, I can't.

My response to that is, "Are you judging me to be judgmental?" eye rolling smiley Freaking fundies.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login