Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

#ButtholeGate at a Vegan Restaurant

#ButtholeGate at a Vegan Restaurant
July 06, 2017
Found this amazingly disgusting story in my FB feed today. Basically, some vegan restaurant owners were triggered by a negative review left on their page. Here's that review:

"On the real, I eat here all the time. I still probably will bc I like to go out and there are few options available to me BUT y'all listen. During my visit, a bare butt naked baby was running around, stood up on a table with its black theyre so dirty feet, and bent over to show me it's butthole. I wish I was exaggerating. This is like while I'm eating, and it's the owners kids? An older kid came over and started like yodeling and staring at me during my meal. I was SO uncomfortable. Like I get it's a family establishment and kids do weird things but naked baby was running around for like 15 minutes while all the workers started are just standing to the side talking and laughing over it.

And for my food, I can heat up a tofurky sausage just as well and in under half the time."

Said restaurant owners then added some indignant replies that were quickly deleted after the post went viral & hundreds of others agreed that a toddler's butthole should NOT be on the menu:

It goes back & forth like that for a while. You can see the original story here.

TL;DR - Toddler runs around vegan restaurant diaperless showing off its asshole to people trying to eat. Restaurant owners defend Assleigh's actions. Hilarity ensues.

Thought you folks would enjoy. pouring bleach on a brain

P.S. - Not sure why the pic isn't showing up, but hopefully you can click the "Open Image URL" link to see it.
Re: #ButtholeGate at a Vegan Restaurant
July 06, 2017
Ugh....*SMH*
Really hoping this doesn't devolve into vegan-bashing in general. I've been to multiple vegan restaurants in DC, Chicago, Denver, and Pittsburgh, and I've never seen a naked ass in any of them, thank god.
July 06, 2017
Those are some grungy looking owners. I really hope they are not the ones preparing the food. Considering they look like they just stepped out of the 60's and Woodstock, I can only wonder what their hygiene standards are (not really expecting any since they have no problem letting an un-toilet trained toadler run amok diaperless).

"It is better not to look like what you are; it is better to look like a bourgeois woman because then all the doors are open for you and then you can just go and make hell." - Marjane Satrapi
July 06, 2017
Someone needs to call a health inspector, NOW. Imagine the field day they would have with this. My first job was in an Americanized "Mexican" fast food restaurant. When the health inspector came, we got points off because the salt shaker - the large see through container with white crystals that was kept next to the chip fryer - wasn't labeled "salt." If we got in trouble for THAT, I'm sure the health inspectors would tear this restaurant owner apart.

Lock him up or put him down.
Stolen from Shiny.
July 06, 2017
This place sounds like a pedophile's dream. I can hear it now:

"Hey, didja see the cute little 1-year-old running around with his junk on full display at that vegan place?"

"Yeah! Yer not gonna believe this, but he showed me his ASSHOLE! And his parents just stood by and laughed!"

guy with cigar and hat

What kind of parent would be okay with strangers seeing their kid's private parts? Somebody needs to call CPS while they're dialing up the health department.
July 06, 2017
I made the epic mistake of reading this while eating.....but now that I"m here who the everloving fuck allows their fucking kid to storm a public restaurant completely naked and actually shove its asshole in people's faces?! The parents should have been arrested right there for indecent exposure (and negligence), because if side of a bare exposed asshole thrust in your face next to your veggie burger isn't indecent exposure I have no idea what it is. Doesn't matter that said asshole belongs to a bayyyybeeeee.

Sorry for the gratuitous swearing, but this got me in a rage.
July 06, 2017
Sorry to keep replying to my own thread, but this story just keeps getting better (worse). Apparently a former employee shared this picture of a shelf at the restaurant:

For those confused by the foghorn-looking thing like I was, it's a breast milk pump. Next to an open drink & food to be served to customers. All sitting on some rusty-ass shelves. There was also a claim by a customer that the brat has actually shat IN THE FLOOR before, and employees joked about who was gonna clean it up. openmouthed shock
July 07, 2017
Am vegan. Sometimes go through Memphis. Am never eating at Imagine Vegan Cafe.

I eschew meat not just for animal rights reasons, but for environmental reasons. As everyone here knows, you can't be an environmentalist and a breeder.
July 07, 2017
happyhiker
Am vegan. Sometimes go through Memphis. Am never eating at Imagine Vegan Cafe.

I eschew meat not just for animal rights reasons, but for environmental reasons. As everyone here knows, you can't be an environmentalist and a breeder.

Something this type of person (the owner) always seems to forget. That wasn't an asshole the patron saw, it was the face of hypocrisy.
July 07, 2017
Am vegan too. I would never have gone there anyway, but hopefully the health department will shut the place down. Kids running around naked and barefoot is a huge health risk to customers. It is also disgusting!
July 07, 2017
Yeah, the owners look a few bricks shy...
So much for anarchy...

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
July 07, 2017
I'm not a vegan.......good thing I ate breakfast 2 hours ago and won't be eating lunch for 2 more hours. Otherwise, one of those meals would have been wrecked simply by reading this BLECCCCCH story!
July 07, 2017
Yeaaaaah, I'm guessing those kids are homeschooled, too.

Really seems like the health department should shut them down, as contemplativeintrovert says.
July 07, 2017
If some brat shoved its naked asshole all up in my grill while I was eating, I'd puke all over that fucker.

ITA that the restaurant should be shut down. That image of the udder juice sitting there along with the food will never be unseen! Gah!
July 07, 2017
The amount of self-righteous smug from the owners is 'ass'-tounding (sorry, couldn't resist!).

Seriously, they're a customer-driven business, and they're basically telling them to fuck off?!? Haven't the owners ever heard of the adage of 'never bite the hand that feeds them?' thinks someone else is crazy

Discriminating against potential customers who don't agree with their views, and relegating the rest to essentially 'invite-only', in a business wholly reliant on steady patronage, isn't a recipe for success. Then again, these narcissists don't seem to honestly care about their patrons - or their business longevity...
July 08, 2017

That must be the green fambly:
https://www.imaginevegancafe.com/

To be fair, it is not like they are not warning people:

"Other very important reasons for creating this restaurant are to not only
give families an affordable place to bring their little ones, but a place
where children can act like children
. We offer a full kids menu, have
coloring books and crayons available for use while you dine and a kids area they
can play in while you eat.

Please try to understand that we are a family owned and operated community. We are not a cookie cut, corporate business. In fact, we are the antithesis of this model. Thus, your experience may vary from visit to visit. Sometimes you may not have to wait long for a table or food. Sometimes it may take an hour. Sometimes there may be children running around your table, singing very loudly. Sometimes you will have a very quiet, candlelight experience. So please leave your expectations at the door."

Wow, I didn't know that nowdays you have to read essays about restaurants to know where to go.
July 09, 2017
Sorry but if my food takes an hour I'm leaving.

Customers might be willing to check expectations at the door, but I doubt anyone expects to forgo basic health and sanitation practices. It kills me that the breeders somehow believe that even if i did not care about kids running around, that that somehow extends to being ok with kids that are naked and barefoot.
July 09, 2017
When my money comes in the door, it drags my expectations with it, which is why I will bring neither to this establishment.

I love the false dichotomy of either experiencing a cookie cut (sic) corporate restaurant or risking an asshole to the face. I had lunch today at a locally-owned restaurant and all I experienced was friendly service and good food in a clean environment at a reasonable price. I think Imagine Cafe should probably arrange their priorities to include those things. Crazy for a restaurant, I know.
July 10, 2017
I am vegan but would never go to a restaurant like this! Anything that says it's famblee oriented is one tbut avoid.

Nonetheless, naked brats and assholes would be a step too far even for most family friendly places...hello, health hazard!
July 10, 2017

I doubt anyone expects to forgo basic health and sanitation practices.

That's the thing. After spending a few days with the in-laws, I have a pent-up rant about how most people are completely clueless about food preparation.

If they want to live like pigs in their homes, that's their prerogative, but I would expect someone who owns a restaurant would be practicing basic sanitation because they have made this their livelihood and they are feeding other people and it becomes a health issue.
July 10, 2017
Oh look, they have 4 kids. One of their daughters is a Honey Boo Boo look-alike. They let their spawn run free range in the restaurant, with no boundaries or discipline.

Just another reason to stay out of TN.

ETA: Their FB page is up and running again. Apparently, people made spoof pages of their establishment bouncing and laughing

https://www.facebook.com/ImagineVegan/?ref=br_rs

ETA1: This spoof page is hilarious hysterical laughter

https://www.facebook.com/Imagine-Vegan-Café-456893184669942/?ref=br_rs
July 11, 2017
That family picture was a whole sack of potatoes
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login