Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Brosectomy Parties

Posted by cassia 
Brosectomy Parties
July 24, 2017
http://www.lfpress.com/2017/07/24/brosectomy-parties-a-growing-trend

'Brosectomy' parties a growing trend?
"A vasectomy procedure can be a nerve-racking experience for many men, so sharing the experience with some of your closest friends may help ease the pain.

And it might actually be a growing trend.

According to the Wall Street Journal, some men are making a day out of the birth control procedure – complete with dinner, drinks, and plenty of recovery time in a lounge-like setting."

===============================

It seems to me that people who want to get snipped and have the funds to make it a spa-like day out with friends should go for it.
Re: Brosectomy Parties
July 24, 2017
Sounds good! If I had a friend or SO went through a vasectomy I'd be happy to throw a party for him.
July 25, 2017
WOAH! What's with all the multiple posts?

Well... they have all kinds of other announcement parties and showers...why not.

Oh... and shouldn't 'gender' announcements be politically incorrect these days? May be what it's coming to...but... no... because moo and duh need the attention.
July 25, 2017
Well planning it could be a pain in the balls...

Frozen peas for everyone!

Any seedless juices for drinks.

starlady

Well... they have all kinds of other announcement parties and showers...why not.

Oh... and shouldn't 'gender' announcements be politically incorrect these days? May be what it's coming to...but... no... because moo and duh need the attention.

Maybe I'm a bit of a misanthrope, but I'm growing quite tired of the narcissism and attention whoring and everything reverting to being some sort of a reason to party.

I'm a guy and find myself no more interested in attending one of these events as I am a baby shower. Let's just all take care of our own medical stuff and not oblige others to indulge us in an event to celebrate something that should be fairly ordinary this day in age.
July 25, 2017
I'm getting my hair done on Thursday. You guys are all invited. I'm registered at Macy's.
July 26, 2017
happyhiker
I'm getting my hair done on Thursday. You guys are all invited. I'm registered at Macy's.

LOL... this day in age, it wouldn't be all that shocking! Everything is a gift-grab.
July 26, 2017
Oh.. I am getting a cyst removed in a couple weeks. Think I'll register at.....Boscov's. Or maybe I could just use the cash... to pay for the freekin' procedure. (insurance considers it 'cosmetic')
July 26, 2017
starlady
WOAH! What's with all the multiple posts?

Not sure but the Mods have taken care of it, thanks Mods!smiling face made up of smiles
July 26, 2017
StudioFiftyFour
starlady

Maybe I'm a bit of a misanthrope, but I'm growing quite tired of the narcissism and attention whoring and everything reverting to being some sort of a reason to party.

I'm a guy and find myself no more interested in attending one of these events as I am a baby shower. Let's just all take care of our own medical stuff and not oblige others to indulge us in an event to celebrate something that should be fairly ordinary this day in age.

I see it as advertising in a way. Maybe a guy's friends will want to consider one too? I'm all for encouraging as many vasectomies as possible.
July 26, 2017
happyhiker

We can all be there to celebrate the voluntary cutting of your hair!
July 26, 2017
freya

I see it as advertising in a way. Maybe a guy's friends will want to consider one too? I'm all for encouraging as many vasectomies as possible.

Maybe.

I tend to think that you either want one or you don't. Salesmanship from another dude wouldn't change my feelings on the issue, one way or another, but every person is different.
July 30, 2017
StudioFiftyFour
freya

Maybe.

I tend to think that you either want one or you don't. Salesmanship from another dude wouldn't change my feelings on the issue, one way or another, but every person is different.

Yes but you aren't a sheeple. That is the difference between you and most people.
July 30, 2017
freya

I agree. I think a lot of guys have a really skewed perspective of what the surgery and recovery actually involves. If they can see that it isn't like being castrated without anesthetic but instead a cause to celebrate, maybe more of them will be willing to have it done before a partner or society pressures them into breeding.
July 30, 2017
kittehpeoples
freya

I agree. I think a lot of guys have a really skewed perspective of what the surgery and recovery actually involves. If they can see that it isn't like being castrated without anesthetic but instead a cause to celebrate, maybe more of them will be willing to have it done before a partner or society pressures them into breeding.

This is possible I guess, but I wouldn't want to have such a party. I've had a vasectomy but only celebrated with pizza.
July 30, 2017
JohnDrake
This is possible I guess, but I wouldn't want to have such a party. I've had a vasectomy but only celebrated with pizza.

It obviously wouldn't be something that everyone would want, of course.
July 31, 2017
JohnDrake
kittehpeoples
freya

I, too, am in favor of guys getting vasectomies and having control over their bodies and reproduction. Sterilization should be seen as a positive choice for any gender. I guess I fall in the category of "it takes all kinds". If guys want to coordinate it with friend for emotional support, cool. My own spouse didn't want a party, just ice packs, some movies, and his favorite snacks. I was more than happy to keep a steady stream of all of the above headed his way.
July 31, 2017
Well, I know that if/when I get sterilized and have my own place, I'm throwing a "Never Having A Baby EVER" shower sans gifts (other than maybe a gift exchange so everybody gets a little something). It'll just be an excuse to get friends together to play Cards Against Humanity while the alcohol flows freely.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
August 06, 2017
I can only hope it's a trend that catches on, especially over here in 'Murica. A lot of guys are stupid and think that a vasectomy means having their nuts chopped off, a complete loss of libido and not being able to have an orgasm or ejaculate ever again. I've had to explain the procedure to more than one male friend who expressed interest in never having kids, but was scared of having their genitals filleted. Turning the procedure into a fun group activity may help remove any lingering fears or stigmas attached to it.

But I imagine Moos and wanna-Moos will have their tits all in a knot over their men taking control of their own fertility. After all, if a breeder or wanna-breeder woman's boyfriend/husband participates in a snip party, she won't be able to oops him when she wants a baby and he doesn't. I mean she still could get knocked up by another man and try to play it off as a vasectomy failure, but one trip to a urologist is all it would take to prove how full of shit she is. I could easily see a lot of breederific women perceiving this as a way of limiting their "rights" by making it harder for them to make babies with unwilling partners like they used to be able to do.
August 06, 2017
I would attend a vasectomy, hysterectomy or tubal ligation party (or even a fundraiser!) over a loaf shower any day.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login