Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

"But, you HAVE to get a push-gift!11!" DA bullshit

Posted by addiea raine 
"But, you HAVE to get a push-gift!11!" DA bullshit
July 29, 2017
In a nutshell, duh was told by cows friend that he had to get cow a "push gift" and it needs to be expensive jewelry. Cow "retired" from teaching, money is tight and this is first sprog for both. This whole gifting shit is just over the top IMO. When are we going to start giving out gifts for going to the bathroom?

Link

"It is better not to look like what you are; it is better to look like a bourgeois woman because then all the doors are open for you and then you can just go and make hell." - Marjane Satrapi
Re: "But, you HAVE to get a push-gift!11!" DA bullshit
July 29, 2017
What? With the exception of the extremely wealthy, people of child-bearing age don't "retire." They might quit, or become unemployed, but they don't retire. They aren't financially able to and if they were, chances are they'd be a rich as hell trust fund baby who never had to work a day in their life to begin with.
July 29, 2017
Moo probably retired in order to be a SAHMoo

That's just my guess though. Hope her Duh is made of money. Sounds like they are having a baybee for all of the wrong reasons as usual though
July 30, 2017
There is an article about this from a very definitely opinionated author at Huffpost:

here

While the author has an opinion, she does present both sides. She has a few comments I like pretty well, but I can't decide which of these is my favorite:

"For the love of God, can we stop calling it a push present? I literally picture a Tiffany’s box being pushed out of a vagina."

and

"If you’re bragging to your friends that you got a Mercedes and/or a 7-carat diamond and/or a Hermes diaper bag for a push present over lunch your lettuce plate, please punch yourself in the face."

She concludes by saying she's going to take her birth control with a glass of vodka. Guess which side she's on.
July 31, 2017
A push gift is the ultimate status symbol for Facebook. It is mostly about the bragging rights and once the baby is born and the newness starts to wear off if gives moo something else to brag about to her friends. You would understand much more if you were still mentally in jr. high, didn't understand the value of a dollar and cared terribly about what others think of you.
July 31, 2017
WTF? Moo getting to "retire" and sit on her ass should be enough of a "push present".
July 31, 2017
kittehpeoples
There is an article about this from a very definitely opinionated author at Huffpost:

here

While the author has an opinion, she does present both sides. She has a few comments I like pretty well, but I can't decide which of these is my favorite:

"For the love of God, can we stop calling it a push present? I literally picture a Tiffany’s box being pushed out of a vagina."

and

"If you’re bragging to your friends that you got a Mercedes and/or a 7-carat diamond and/or a Hermes diaper bag for a push present over lunch your lettuce plate, please punch yourself in the face."

She concludes by saying she's going to take her birth control with a glass of vodka. Guess which side she's on.

I'd rather push out a Tiffany box than a baybee!
July 31, 2017
stillwaters
WTF? Moo getting to "retire" and sit on her ass should be enough of a "push present".
This!

It's certainly possible to retire early enough to still be of an age to have children. And NOT be a trust fund baby, lol! I'm less than 3 years from retiring myself, and not even 40 yet. If I hadn't been despised by my mother, kicked out and spent my last teen years homeless, maybe gotten a few years of college under my belt, I'd have been able to retire by 35. By breeder reckoning, *just* barely in time to squeeze out a loaf before my eggs shriveled up!

My husband participates in an entire forum of early retirees, many of whom wanted to do so precisely so they could both be around for "behbehs early years". Passive income. You don't have to be old to have it.

If you begin your working years viewing retirement as "forever in the future", you're likely to spend like it too. Preconceived ideas can be made real by your very thoughts which become actions.
July 31, 2017
Haha, yummynotmummy, that's hilarious! bouncing and laughing I'd rather push out a rotten meatloaf than some brat, for that matter...but I'll take a Tiffany box any day.

If moos need to be rewarded for giving birth, then they are in it for the wrong reasons...like most reasons breeders come up with to sluice. Just another bullshit gift they are all going to expect now because a few bitches are bragging about theirs on fakebook.

This is just another form of competition. My aunt told me a joke that sort of reminds me of this scenario.

Three housewives are sitting in a living room, sipping tea. The first wife says, "My husband loves me so much, he bought me a car, a new house and a new diamond ring for our anniversary."

The second housewife says, "Well, that's nothing. My husband bought me all of those things, as well as a trip around the world." The third housewife remains quiet.

The two women start to badger her, saying, "Well, what has your husband given you?"

She says, "My husband sent me to etiquette school. I want to tell you both to fuck off, but that would be rude."
August 02, 2017
mumofsixbirds
If moos need to be rewarded for giving birth, then they are in it for the wrong reasons...like most reasons breeders come up with to sluice.

Yep. The article I linked above has a quote from one of the women saying she thought the baby was supposed to be the gift. Yeah, if the baby itself isn't enough for you, there's more wrong going on than a gift is going to fix.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login