Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Transman sues because doc removed both overies

Posted by cfdavep 
Transman sues because doc removed both overies
July 31, 2017
http://www.sltrib.com/news/5564026-155/transgender-patient-files-malpractice-suit-against

I guess when this person was female, she wanted to have a baybee as a man with one ovary. The doc did the surgery and the now man found out that both ovaries are gone so no bio kids, I guess the doc figured that if you want to be a man then let's do this. Some of the more liberal people on the comments said that if this person wants to be a man then go to it, but men do not have ovaries. I guess the one ovary is so that the transman would still produce eggs and could find some woman to impregnate with some male friend's sperm. I think
Re: Transman sues because doc removed both overies
July 31, 2017
Ummmm.....okay. People are gettin' stranger and stranger. thinks someone else is crazy
July 31, 2017
mumofsixbirds
Ummmm.....okay. People are gettin' stranger and stranger. thinks someone else is crazy

"Shaw was born female but no longer identifies as female. Shaw identifies as trans and nonbinary, meaning Shaw identifies as neither male nor female."

I guess trans means a physical change was made or is in process.

I don't understand at all what nonbinary means, sounds like "unidentified" since neither male nor female. I don't understand because I don't consider personality, mental or emotional to be gender related. There are stereotypical female and male but there are just as many exceptions as rules.
August 01, 2017
mumofsixbirds

I don't care how people choose to live or how they want to dress. But really, I have no idea why they are insistent upon dragging children into this lifestyle. On top of that, suicide rates for transgender people are off the charts. Why does this person think it's a great idea to bring a child into this environment?
August 01, 2017
Why undergo major surgery to remove one ovary? Is is more "manly" to have just one? Did they think that the extra one was problematic? Something is up. It sounds like they (I think that is the preferred pronoun for non-binaries) wanted to be male, had the surgery, realized that they are now sterile and decided to be non-binary and get pissed off that the surgeon used logic instead of explicitly asking if this person wanted a partial instead of a full hysterectomy. I guess.

I'm with StudioFiftyFour. I don't care how people want to live or think of themselves. Call yourself a fruit bat if you want. Fine by me - I choose to identify as a genius, ultra-rich supermodel wizard ruler of the seven kingdoms. But should a kid really be subjected to this kind of self-indulgence on the part of a parent?
August 01, 2017
I was talking to a relative about this case and she is a person who feels that you can do everything to change your sex and you will still be the sex you were born with, that transmen are "muliliated females" and are therefore mental. She says that a woman can't fully can't become a real man because the now man does not have a "working penis" I assumed she meant that if it is not "working" then the transman cannot impregnate a woman. So does this mean that a man with a vasectomy is not a man, since his "dick doesn't work" or that if a woman has a hysterectomy she is no longer a woman. There are men and women who feel that way. Some men see CF men with a vasectomy as like a neutered cat or dog, living unnaturally and some women see a CF woman with a tubal as, I guess a "dyke", not quite a woman. IDK
August 01, 2017
cfdavep
I was talking to a relative about this case and she is a person who feels that you can do everything to change your sex and you will still be the sex you were born with, that transmen are "muliliated females" and are therefore mental. She says that a woman can't fully can't become a real man because the now man does not have a "working penis" I assumed she meant that if it is not "working" then the transman cannot impregnate a woman. So does this mean that a man with a vasectomy is not a man, since his "dick doesn't work" or that if a woman has a hysterectomy she is no longer a woman. There are men and women who feel that way. Some men see CF men with a vasectomy as like a neutered cat or dog, living unnaturally and some women see a CF woman with a tubal as, I guess a "dyke", not quite a woman. IDK

That's the thing: You can't dictate how other people view you or your lifestyle. My CF lifestyle is completely unnatural, and I have no problem with someone pointing that out. The trans women I have contact with look like men dressed up as women to me, and there's nothing that I or anyone else can do to make my brain not think that. I am polite and use their preferred names and pronouns, but I can't help but think that I am helping to indulge someone in an elaborate game of pretend every time I'm around one of them.
August 02, 2017
cfdavep

Again, I don't have any personal feelings on how people choose to live. Want to dress up in traditionally men's clothing? Fine. Women's clothing? Fine. Whatever... it makes no difference to me.

But no matter how we approach our lives, there are certain immutable truths that come from the universe, one of which being that the DNA in our bodies is coded as male or female. No amount of make-up, dress-up, or even surgical procedures will change that. That's the reality that we are faced with.

And there's nothing wrong with fantasy or escapism. Maybe dressing up in drag is a form of that? I don't know, but I don't see anything wrong with people indulging themselves in this, if that's what they want to do. The trouble is when the message is put out there that everyone else must indulge in this, and go along with a premise that is obviously untrue.

We don't serve alcohol to minors under the age of 21 in the US... even if they "identify" as being 21, act like they're 21, look like they're 21, dress like they're 21.

And again... I'm not sure why people who have substantial medical issues (of ALL kinds...) insist that the best option is to bring more children into the world.
August 03, 2017
StudioFiftyFour
cfdavep
But no matter how we approach our lives, there are certain immutable truths that come from the universe, one of which being that the DNA in our bodies is coded as male or female. No amount of make-up, dress-up, or even surgical procedures will change that. That's the reality that we are faced with.

The brain of a transperson is different from the brain of a "normal" person. That I learned on either Discovery or TLC.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
August 03, 2017
craftyzits

The brain of a transperson is different from the brain of a "normal" person. That I learned on either Discovery or TLC.

That doesn't change the way DNA is coded. If a transperson wants to believe they are of another sex, that's fine. In a free society people should be permitted to costume themselves in whatever way they choose to do so. Browbeating others into sharing a particular belief is where we must draw the line.

We see this in other issues as well, many of which impact the childfree. For example, we've recently become bombarded with the message that we need "free preschool." (Translation: "Free" babysitting with the childfree taxpayer footing the bill for a service that he/she will never use.) Behind this extortion scheme is the hackneyed platitude that "The children are the future."

And who could argue with that? Well... I could. I'm in favor of some form of public education and also in favor of treating transpeople with decency and preserving their rights, but I'm not going to be intimidated into going along with foolishness for reasons of political correctness. The "silent majority" needs to become less silent--particularly the CF.
August 03, 2017
I am torn. On the one hand, I completely agree with you, StudioFiftyFour. Words have meaning that we assign to them. You can say that the definition of a particular word is invalid and that {other object} is {word}. In this country, the first amendment allows you to do that without government prosecution. However, people also have the right to disagree with you, and you shouldn't slander them for doing so. For instance, a cat is a warm blooded animal that has X and Y physical characteristics that separate it from all other animals. While a cat has some general features in common with other animals, it is still uniquely a cat. Now, if someone came up to you, showing you a picture of a horse, and said "look at this cat," you would raise a brow at them. That is fine, however, as they have a right to call a horse a cat if they wish. Now, suppose someone came up to you, showing you a picture of a horse, and said "look at this cat." In reply, you tell them that the photographed animal is in fact a horse, and they call you transphobic, homophobic, Islam o phobic, and sexist {because if you disagree about trans people, they insist you are all of those things.} That is not right. Call a diamond a spade all you like, but don't browbeat people who call a spade a spade. {Side tangent, but see 'trans species' people on YouTube, who insist they are cats born in human bodies}.

On the other hand, for the sake of being empathetic, I don't want to argue with trans people. I am asexual and I've had plenty of people tell me I'm mentally ill because I don't experience sexual attraction and have no desire to frickfrack.

Lock him up or put him down.
Stolen from Shiny.
August 03, 2017
Please ignore the double post.

Lock him up or put him down.
Stolen from Shiny.
August 03, 2017
craftyzits
StudioFiftyFour
cfdavep

Is that the 'ladybrain' stuff you are talking about? (That women or men are born with brains that match their gender, and that trans people are born with opposite gender brains.) I thought that stuff was ddisproved some time ago. Now if it's stuff that says their 'perception' doesn't match with what is reality, then there is something different, but it's in the same 'family' of body perception disorders like those people who think they have extraneous limbs, or who think they are cats, or feel like thry are literally dead.
August 04, 2017
contemplativeintrovert
I am torn. On the one hand, I completely agree with you, StudioFiftyFour. Words have meaning that we assign to them. You can say that the definition of a particular word is invalid and that {other object} is {word}. In this country, the first amendment allows you to do that without government prosecution. However, people also have the right to disagree with you, and you shouldn't slander them for doing so. For instance, a cat is a warm blooded animal that has X and Y physical characteristics that separate it from all other animals. While a cat has some general features in common with other animals, it is still uniquely a cat. Now, if someone came up to you, showing you a picture of a horse, and said "look at this cat," you would raise a brow at them. That is fine, however, as they have a right to call a horse a cat if they wish. Now, suppose someone came up to you, showing you a picture of a horse, and said "look at this cat." In reply, you tell them that the photographed animal is in fact a horse, and they call you transphobic, homophobic, Islam o phobic, and sexist {because if you disagree about trans people, they insist you are all of those things.} That is not right. Call a diamond a spade all you like, but don't browbeat people who call a spade a spade. {Side tangent, but see 'trans species' people on YouTube, who insist they are cats born in human bodies}.

On the other hand, for the sake of being empathetic, I don't want to argue with trans people. I am asexual and I've had plenty of people tell me I'm mentally ill because I don't experience sexual attraction and have no desire to frickfrack.

I don't know if asexuality is a mental illness, a physical illness, or neither. Although I am not a physician, my best guess would be neither. I firmly believe that people (meaning adults) have the right to have sex with whomever they want, and for whatever reasons they want. Inversely, they may decline sex if they wish to, for whatever reasons they want.

What I do know is that asexual people aren't demanding special privileges, language alterations, and for the rest of society to pretend certain things aren't true, when we all know they are.

I don't believe that society should be dramatically altered to accommodate the desires of children. With that being said, it stands to reason that it should it be dramatically altered to accommodate the desires of a tiny fraction of the population.
August 04, 2017
I don't begrudge people their lifestyle choices. If they want to surgically alter themselves, that is their business. I do begrudge the breeders with 4+ kids, massive SUV, etc... but that is for another thread.

This whole article is just so stupid. If this person wanted to keep their ovaries, an intrinsic part of a female body, then they should have never had the transgender surgery. Men don't have ovaries, women do. You can't keep your ovaries and then claim to be a man. That is as bad as the woman who gets a hysterectomy and then sues the doctor for claiming that she didn't know removing her uterus would make her infertile.

sign 'I'm with stupid'

Break out the popcorn, folks! popcorn and jerry springer sign
August 04, 2017
I totally agree with you, Peace. This all gets so confusing to me, I just don't understand it anymore.

I really don't care what people do with their bodies. It is their choice, just don't expect me (taxpayer) to pay for it, and don't bitch and whine when your female / male organs get removed, because you didn't realize that men don't have ovaries.

I wonder if this is some kind of ploy for him to become the first man ever to get inpig? It's the only reason I can think of as to why he wanted to keep the ovary. I'm starting to think this whole thing is a huge bid for attention.
August 04, 2017
This conversation reminds me of the pregnant "man" who was really a female to male transgendered guy who had kept his lady parts. It was touted as some sort of medical miracle. The SJWs were out in full force for that one, no science allowed. Even I was rolling my eyes, and I am pretty liberal when it comes to that stuff.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
"Not every ejaculation deserves a name" - George Carlin
August 04, 2017
LoveToLurk
This conversation reminds me of the pregnant "man" who was really a female to male transgendered guy who had kept his lady parts. It was touted as some sort of medical miracle. The SJWs were out in full force for that one, no science allowed. Even I was rolling my eyes, and I am pretty liberal when it comes to that stuff.

I don't see it as a political issue. It's only morphed into one due to the odious nature of SJWs.

For example, just because you favor a liberal tenet such as universal health care DOES NOT mean that you have to believe that people with penises are women.
August 04, 2017
nightfire
craftyzits
StudioFiftyFour
cfdavep

Is that the 'ladybrain' stuff you are talking about? (That women or men are born with brains that match their gender, and that trans people are born with opposite gender brains.) I thought that stuff was ddisproved some time ago. Now if it's stuff that says their 'perception' doesn't match with what is reality, then there is something different, but it's in the same 'family' of body perception disorders like those people who think they have extraneous limbs, or who think they are cats, or feel like thry are literally dead.

That I don't know. However, regardless if it is perception or actual physicality, the reality the Transperson feels is the same.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
August 05, 2017
A brilliant question:

If a man transitions to woman and has the surgery done - does his prostate get removed too?
August 06, 2017
I don't imagine they do...probably because it risks him becoming incontinent or something. But I could be wrong.
August 16, 2017
I have no problem with addressing a person using whatever pronouns are requested. I generally assume that people know themselves better than I know them, and know better than I do what they want.

I do, however, think it is utterly ridiculous for a person who claims to be of one gender to engage in a physical act which is inherent to another sex - such as pregnancy while identifying as male. Honestly such a person comes across as an attention whore, who is mocking the experiences of transgender people. I do not see how a genuine FtM transgender person would not feel utterly repelled by such a primitive, female experience. (Female in the sense that only female mammals can get pregnant, not in the sense that every female must do it, of course.)
August 16, 2017
yurble
I have no problem with addressing a person using whatever pronouns are requested. I generally assume that people know themselves better than I know them, and know better than I do what they want.

I'm even okay with this. If you want to be called John Lennon, that's fine with me. If you believe that you are the actual John Lennon from The Beatles... that's fine too, although I suggest you get some therapy. If you insist that I must believe you are the actual John Lennon from the Beatles and assert that I am a vile, evil "phobe" of some sort if I don't, then screw you. That's where I draw the line.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login