Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A handful of local stories: junkie Moo, abandoned loaf and my dumbass cousin

Posted by Cambion 
From my neck of the woods.

Story #1
The cunt I used to work for was recently found passed out in her car in the middle of the night. She was high as a fucking kite and had her kid in the backseat. She was promptly arrested for driving under the influence of drugs.

She was also arrested for the exact same goddamn thing back in March of this year. Some people try to clean up their act when they breed, but around here, people love the dope more than they love their kids. Our OD death rate has been going up a LOT lately, so I figure it's only a matter of time before this bitch becomes another statistic. It'd probably be the best thing that could ever happen to her poor kid.

Story #2
We made national headlines! A teen girl from my area was charged with attempted murder because she stuffed her newborn loaf in a plastic bag and threw the kid in some random person's yard. It was several days before anybody noticed the discarded loaf, but it did survive. Nothing I've read on the incident describes how anybody even found out who the Moo was. I'm guessing she got medical attention and the doctors who examined her noticed she had recently given birth, but had no baby in tow and put two and two together when the abandoned loaf was found.

Isn't the whole point of abandoning your loaf to NOT get caught? Fuck, kids these days can't even desert their babies correctly! The best part of all this shit is the hospital right in town is a Safe Haven location - there's a sign right on the fucking door saying so. She could have dumped the kid off there without any legal repercussions. I don't feel comfortable sharing a link publicly, but a Google search will turn up plenty since it's been plastered across non-local news sources as well as local ones. Why can't my neck of the woods make headlines for a good reason for a change? Last time we made national news, it was because an anti-government cop-killing nutcase led authorities on a manhunt for almost two months.

Story #3
My oldest cousin and his wife are expecting a Blessed MiracleTM in October. He just got married to this woman last December and her due date is ten months after their wedding date to the day, so she must have gotten knocked up on the fucking honeymoon. Nothing like throwing your relationship right down the shitter before the ink on the marriage certificate is even dry! And since he's the first one of us "kids" to get married and breed, I'm sure there will be an enormous celebration because they did what every single living creature has done since the dawn of time.

Meanwhile, my second oldest cousin is childfree and is a proud parent to an adorable fluffy dog. So my whole family isn't retarded.
I watched a story similar to #3 play out in my life...the window for the due date pretty much announced "yep, I didn't use birth control on my honeymoon, and I was ovulating". So they wanted NO time together as a married couple before popping out those kids, I guess. And because she was a Good Catholic Girl, she'd hung onto her V card until marriage (I think she was about 27 when she got married). She wound up popping out four kids, which is pretty big for an average, non-quiverfull family. No life outside of housewifery. She, too, was the first to produce a grandchild, so there was much to-do about it.

I can't fathom having kids with someone, let alone doing so RIGHT after moving in with them and general folding your lives in together. That's already a huge adjustment!

Unless a couple has lived together & been sexually active for years, getting pregnant on the honeymoon is a terrible idea. Like randomly scrambling the wiring of your toaster, plugging it back in, and putting bread in to toast like normal. Chances are, it's gonna fuck things up.
randomcfchick
She wound up popping out four kids, which is pretty big for an average, non-quiverfull family. No life outside of housewifery.

Not unusual for Catholics, though.
If I read the same story as #1, the loaf was 8 months old so it was probably too old to be left at a safe haven. Still, the moo was 17 and no doubt realized her life was ruined (along with the loaf's, probably)...sucks she didn't think she had any better options. I really wish there wasn't so much stigma around placing your kyd up for adoption, even if it isn't a newborn.
Cambion
From my neck of the woods.

Story #1
The cunt I used to work for was recently found passed out in her car in the middle of the night. She was high as a fucking kite and had her kid in the backseat. She was promptly arrested for driving under the influence of drugs.

She was also arrested for the exact same goddamn thing back in March of this year. Some people try to clean up their act when they breed, but around here, people love the dope more than they love their kids. Our OD death rate has been going up a LOT lately, so I figure it's only a matter of time before this bitch becomes another statistic. It'd probably be the best thing that could ever happen to her poor kid.

Is it mostly parents who are doing dope? I could see how the massive regret of leaving a much more carefree life behind could make dope seem attractive. Especially since so many moos and duhs insist on martyring their every waking minute for their kids and won't enforce boundaries.
@rudeawakening, that information was released more recently. So that is the correct story, but I guess it wasn't officially published until several articles later that the abandoned kid wasn't a newborn like most people assumed, but was several months old.

Still, I have to wonder, if a mother showed up at a Safe Haven location and dumped off her not-freshly-shat child because reasons, what could the staff even really do? Chase the woman down and force the kid back into her arms as she's running off the premises? I know there's an age limit on Safe Havens, especially after the shit-show in Nebraska, but what would hospital or fire station staff actually do if someone dumped a kid that was too old aside from search for her to charge her with abandonment/attempted murder/WTFever?

I do kind of wonder why the teen Moo chose to dump the kid after eight months instead of right away. Did she think she could handle Moo-hood, but then decided she wanted to have a life after all? Maybe her parents are Christians and forced her to give birth and keep the loaf to "punish" her? Was the loaf the product of sexual abuse and she couldn't take looking at it any longer? Part of me wants to try to give the Moo the benefit of the doubt because there could be any number of reasons why she literally tossed the kid out like garbage. Not that I'm saying what she did was okay, but I'd like to know the reason for it before calling her Satan incarnate like the rest of the country is doing.

freya
Is it mostly parents who are doing dope? I could see how the massive regret of leaving a much more carefree life behind could make dope seem attractive. Especially since so many moos and duhs insist on martyring their every waking minute for their kids and won't enforce boundaries.

I think a pretty decent chunk of the junkies around here are breeders. Two I knew personally or kinda knew were both parents - this bitch I described and a friend's grown kid who bred with another junkie and died from an overdose a couple years after his kid was born. This is a boring-as-shit area and the only things there really are to do around here are eating, fucking, drinking, doing drugs and breeding.

Buyer's remorse might play a role in local addictions, but I think it's more a matter of breeders just don't feel like changing their ways in spite of having dependents. They have brats, but that's not going to stop them from getting blackout drunk and high as fuck like they did pre-parenthood. It boils down to, "I love Junior, but I love bath salts/heroin/narcotics/crack/meth/drug du jour more."
Cambion
@rudeawakening, that information was released more recently. So that is the correct story, but I guess it wasn't officially published until several articles later that the abandoned kid wasn't a newborn like most people assumed, but was several months old.

Still, I have to wonder, if a mother showed up at a Safe Haven location and dumped off her not-freshly-shat child because reasons, what could the staff even really do? Chase the woman down and force the kid back into her arms as she's running off the premises? I know there's an age limit on Safe Havens, especially after the shit-show in Nebraska, but what would hospital or fire station staff actually do if someone dumped a kid that was too old aside from search for her to charge her with abandonment/attempted murder/WTFever?

I do kind of wonder why the teen Moo chose to dump the kid after eight months instead of right away. Did she think she could handle Moo-hood, but then decided she wanted to have a life after all? Maybe her parents are Christians and forced her to give birth and keep the loaf to "punish" her? Was the loaf the product of sexual abuse and she couldn't take looking at it any longer? Part of me wants to try to give the Moo the benefit of the doubt because there could be any number of reasons why she literally tossed the kid out like garbage. Not that I'm saying what she did was okay, but I'd like to know the reason for it before calling her Satan incarnate like the rest of the country is doing.

freya

I think a pretty decent chunk of the junkies around here are breeders. Two I knew personally or kinda knew were both parents - this bitch I described and a friend's grown kid who bred with another junkie and died from an overdose a couple years after his kid was born. This is a boring-as-shit area and the only things there really are to do around here are eating, fucking, drinking, doing drugs and breeding.

Buyer's remorse might play a role in local addictions, but I think it's more a matter of breeders just don't feel like changing their ways in spite of having dependents. They have brats, but that's not going to stop them from getting blackout drunk and high as fuck like they did pre-parenthood. It boils down to, "I love Junior, but I love bath salts/heroin/narcotics/crack/meth/drug du jour more."

There is no way most teenagers are going to be able to reason and perform the mental gymnastics you did to come to logical conclusions on what the girl could have done with the baby. She still has a kid's brain. I do completely agree with you, if she would have brought the kid to safe haven I'd bet they wouldn't have refused her. But I doubt anyone could have convinced her of that.

Guessing the junkies who became breeders probably also started getting hooked on drugs as teens. I'm 45 and there were teenagers I knew who would boast every Monday morning about how drunk they were over the weekend. Many still live in the area and at best are functional drunks. Not that there is anything wrong with where they live but it isn't exactly full of promise or evolving and is smack in the middle of the bible belt. And coincidentally there are a bunch of areas in the bible belt that are known very well for a very high occurrence of meth addicts.
Haven't people been arrested for leaving too-old kids at safe havens?

It's ridiculous. I agree that we definitely need to erase the stigma around adopting out children...along with abortion and remaining CF, of course.
freya
Guessing the junkies who became breeders probably also started getting hooked on drugs as teens. I'm 45 and there were teenagers I knew who would boast every Monday morning about how drunk they were over the weekend. Many still live in the area and at best are functional drunks. Not that there is anything wrong with where they live but it isn't exactly full of promise or evolving and is smack in the middle of the bible belt. And coincidentally there are a bunch of areas in the bible belt that are known very well for a very high occurrence of meth addicts.

There is a very large problem with chronic pain in this country, and inadequate treatment for that pain. I'm sorry, but a Tylenol isn't going to do anything to alive the chronic constant and gut wrenching pain of damaged disks in your neck or back. Untreated pain patients regularly kill themselves to find relief.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
Part of me wishes that safe havens had no age limit (well, 18 years old for sane kids, no limit for adult retards), but part of me also doesn't.

The part that's in favor of no age limit says that it would cut down on parents neglecting, abusing or murdering their kids when they can't deal with being parents anymore. If there was no stigma attached to surrendering older kids, people might be more likely to dump their brats instead of killing them. I'm sure it would royally fuck the kid up if their parents ditched them at a hospital, but surely that would be better than being strangled or beaten to death, right? I know the parent who abandons, neglects, abuses or kills their child will become a pariah, but leaving a child at a safe place has to be the least offensive out of those choices.

The part that says there should be an age limit feels that way because people might also just start dumping off their brats once they stop being cute infants or once they become inconvenient. There would be no incentive to even try to parent (what little parents these days do try, that is) - they could just throw the kid out like trash when they get sick of it and then go make another cute baby to coo over. And I could easily foresee parents using safe havens as a way to try to threaten their brats into good behavior. "If you don't stop that right now, I'm gonna leave you at the hospital!" Kinda like when they take their screaming bastards to doctor appointments and go, "If you don't be good, the doctor will give you a shot!"

I think there should be no age limit for dumping mentally disabled people. If someone is a caregiver to their 32-year-old tard child, they should have the ability to leave that grown child at a safe haven.
Cambion
The part that says there should be an age limit feels that way because people might also just start dumping off their brats once they stop being cute infants or once they become inconvenient. There would be no incentive to even try to parent (what little parents these days do try, that is) - they could just throw the kid out like trash when they get sick of it and then go make another cute baby to coo over. And I could easily foresee parents using safe havens as a way to try to threaten their brats into good behavior. "If you don't stop that right now, I'm gonna leave you at the hospital!" Kinda like when they take their screaming bastards to doctor appointments and go, "If you don't be good, the doctor will give you a shot!"

What if you were allowed to dump at any age, provided you opted for sterilization? People should not be given the opportunity to repeat their mistakes, when those mistakes are people.

Not that it would ever happen, everyone is afraid of "forced sterilization" (even if the person is given a choice of sterilization or prosecution) yet somehow it's acceptable to give people the same sort of non-choice when it comes to other types of crimes, such as giving the choice between jail time and religiously-oriented, non-scientific alcohol addiction treatment (AA).
I was thinking about that. If you dump a brat at a safe haven, the first one is a freebie because shit happens and I don't think that someone surrendering one kid means they're going to abandon all subsequent ones. But if you do it a second time, you have to get sterilized. I think that's a fair trade-off to prevent people from serial breeding and then deciding they don't feel like raising the aftermath of their attention-whoring quest.

There'd be a lot of bitching about human rights, but of course it's only the rights of the mother that would be taken into consideration and not the rights of the kid who was forced into existence by a selfish parent who won't even have the luxury of loving parents. If you can't be trusted to not reproduce and throw the kid you make out, then you don't get to make more kids. Period. It might make people think a little harder about who they breed with... or the number of dumpster babies would go up because brain-dead mommies who already dumped one kid at the fire station don't want to give up their fertility because they don't want the second accident either.
Problem with having no age limit/no dump limit is that we don't have a system that can handle the influx of kids. The sucky foster system can't handle the number of kids who're removed from parental care already.

But I understand that quandary about the age limit, Cambion. I've wondered the same thing myself. After reading your comment about what would happen if there were no age limit, I thought, "sounds like the problems animals shelters are already facing. Too old? Too much work? Not a cute baby anymore? Dump it!"

I think requiring sterilization of irresponsible serial breeders is fair exchange for using safe havens. Problem is that only the irresponsible women would have to "pay". The guys would get off scott free, because I'm willing to bet they're far less likely to be the ones dropping off safe-haven kids.
I did consider that aspect too. But then it begs the question of what's worse: being "raised" in the system with no actual family or being raised by a parent who isn't equipped to handle a child (physically, mentally, financially), doesn't want a child or will abuse/neglect that child? I honestly don't know. System kids would probably say they'd rather have had any family at all, but kids raised in abusive homes would probably say they'd rather have not had parents.

I think requiring sterilization of irresponsible serial breeders is fair exchange for using safe havens. Problem is that only the irresponsible women would have to "pay". The guys would get off scott free, because I'm willing to bet they're far less likely to be the ones dropping off safe-haven kids.

During the whole fiasco in Nebraska with their safe haven law, I remember that one particular parent who made headlines was a father who dumped off nine kids ranging in age from I think two years to 17 years. I actually think a LOT of fathers would use safe havens, like in cases of oopsing/band-aid babies, cases of questionable paternity or just plain buyer's remorse. But then that would open up a whole new can of worms: which parent would be "right" if one wanted to leave a kid at a safe haven and the other didn't?

Let's say a couple has a kid, the girlfriend wants the loaf and the boyfriend does not (so business as usual). So one day while the girlfriend is out of the house, the boyfriend offers to babysit and takes the infant to a safe haven because he doesn't want it. Or maybe the Duh dumps the kid during mandatory visitation because it's cock-blocking him (in the event of a presumed lack of an age limit). What would the mother do? Would she be allowed to reclaim the kid after it was left off if she knew where the kid was? Would an Amber Alert go out under such circumstances? Would the father be charged with abandonment or kidnapping because there was no mutual agreement to surrender the child? If no charges were brought against him, could it just be an endless back-and-forth of Duh dumping the kid at the local ER and Moo stopping by to take it back?

I think it's assumed that the only person who would use a safe haven is a single mother, but I would like to know what would happen if a parent left their kid at one without the other parent's permission/blessing.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login