Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sperm donor lies about his health, 36 kids now have a genetic predisposition to schizophrenia

Posted by Cambion 
This is a story from 2016, but for some reason, I only saw it very recently. Not sure how I missed such a huge headline, but there you have it.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/18/world/americas/sperm-donors-profile-hid-mental-illness-and-crime-lawsuits-say.html

The gist of this story is that some guy who donated his sperm lied out his ass about his health, education and general life. He claimed to be working on a Ph.D and had an IQ of 160 (note: 140 is where genius-level IQ begins) and also stated on the donation application that he was in fantastic physical and mental health and had no medical impairments whatsoever. LOL, j/k! Turns out he's a schizophrenic felon who dropped out of college. At least three dozen children had been conceived using his faulty sperm, all of them having a genetic predisposition for schizophrenia and several parents of these kids have said they would have never purchased this fuck-up's swimmers had they known he was a nutcase.

My guess is the guy wanted some money and figured he could donate sperm, but that no clinic would never accept his samples if they knew he was fucked in the head, so he just omitted all those pesky details about him having mental illnesses and a criminal record and made up a cock-and-bull story to not only get his foot in the door, but to make him an in-demand donor so he could get paid more than once. I guess the clinic never thought to actually verify anything he said before selling his sauce to people and now the clinic is involved in a seven-figure lawsuit because pissed-off couples are learning that their babies' daddy is a lunatic.

And I think the only way the families even found out about the donor's history is due to en email that got sent to them accidentally by the clinic disclosing the donor's real name. So it seems like the clinic wasn't even planning on telling these people about the donor's health and they could just be left scratching their heads when their little miracles turned out to be fucking nuts. Apparently, each of the kids fathered by Cuckoo McManiac has a 70-100 percent chance of becoming a schizo, so the odds are not in their favor.

Makes me wonder how many other men who have donated sperm told complete bullshit stories to get paid. I highly doubt many of them actually have high IQs, advanced degrees or overall decent health.
Cambion
I guess the clinic never thought to actually verify anything he said before selling his sauce to people

Well isn't that just fucking reassuring. Because you know they're not the only ones.
Wasn't there a diagnosed Schizo who just plowed into a group of protesters in VA??
This has me wondering something. If this clinic's lax policies are any representation of those at other sperm banks, could a snipped guy donate sperm, "forget" to tell the clinic he's shooting blanks and still get paid? I don't know if they actually check sperm count or not, or if they examine the donor for a vasectomy scar first. If a guy could get away with that, it could be an easy way for a snipped dude to make a couple extra bucks. I mean it would probably be "wrong" to knowingly donate spermless semen that will be sold to stupid desperate women, but just food for thought.
Cambion
This has me wondering something. If this clinic's lax policies are any representation of those at other sperm banks, could a snipped guy donate sperm, "forget" to tell the clinic he's shooting blanks and still get paid? I don't know if they actually check sperm count or not, or if they examine the donor for a vasectomy scar first. If a guy could get away with that, it could be an easy way for a snipped dude to make a couple extra bucks. I mean it would probably be "wrong" to knowingly donate spermless semen that will be sold to stupid desperate women, but just food for thought.

All I can say to the "customer" in this case is... "well, that sucks."

Although in no way comparable in terms of life-altering scale, I would say the same thing to a person who just lost a carnival game. Having high expectations of integrity from members of the general public, going solely on their oral testimony is naive at best.

Do you really think a good looking man with a genius IQ would be wasting his time donating sperm as opposed to fathering children the old-fashioned way? Or pursuing a high-income or high-status career? I guess it's possible, but I see it as very doubtful.
I am waiting for someone with too much time and too little sense to take this up as an anti-eugenics cause. After all, there are people who fuss about the abortion of children with Down's Syndrome, which is the result of a recent genetic mishap, so just imagine how worked up they could get about this guy not being given the opportunity to reproduce because people don't like his genetic line.
Ohh, but schizos are different. Down's patients and retards are "full of love" but schizophrenics are "dangerous." Retards, awtards and Downy tards have "rights" because they're just basically seen as big dumb teddy bears who don't know their own strength whereas sociopaths, narcissists and schizos are seen as conniving, sub-human threats to society who don't deserve any rights whatsoever.

I'm not trying to stick up for dangerous mental cases, but basically if you're a stupid nutcase, you have rights. If you're a smart nutcase, you're scum. Being a schizo, I think, falls into the latter category, which is why nobody's losing their mind and bleating about what kind of a society this is like they were over Iceland's Downy tard shortage. I guarantee you anything if the guy was autistic, people would have patted him on the back for being "brave" enough to donate sperm, but since schizophrenia is seen as a "bad" mental illness rather than a cute, endearing one like autism, his head is in the smasher because he's one of the people who "shouldn't" reproduce.

And I agree that he shouldn't since his offspring are genetically pre-disposed to schizophrenia. But I love how we think we can cherry-pick who is and is not worthy of breeding. A violent maniac shouldn't breed, but a violent Assburger has every right to reproduce. A double standard in America - I know, shocking!
This reminded me of a recent cracked article. I think it is highly possible that this is the same guy.

Cracked Article
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login