Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Almost no Down Syndrome sprogs in Iceland

Posted by cfdavep 
Almost no Down Syndrome sprogs in Iceland
August 15, 2017
https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/a4831852-18c7-38b5-a75c-07d3bfb8c567/ss_%22what-kind-of-society-do-you.html

Women are given "the test" there and almost all abort. People claim that it is because Iceland has few resources to deal with the disabled. Even with endless resources why would any sane person want to deal with that?? Maybe there is a low incidence of Christianity in that culture or lack of consumerism (future Target shoppers) tends to cause people to not see every sprog surrounded by "Unicorn Glitter"
Re: Almost no Down Syndrome sprogs in Iceland
August 15, 2017
The comments!!

Everyone should have a tard!
August 15, 2017
I'm not even bothering with the comments. I can gather what they say. Why exactly is this a bad thing? The Down Syndrome-afflicted bring nothing to society or humanity as a whole. In fact, in the grand majority of cases, they're a major drain on resources and aren't able to put anything back in. If people insist on reproducing, they have an obligation and responsibility to society to breed the best possible result from their genetic material. Breeders always talk about that their kids are the future doctors, nurses, cancer curers, payers of Social Security, etc. Well, they should be making sure that those kids have the intellectual potential to do so.

Never mind the fact that now that Down Syndrome people are living longer, we've discovered they're prone to even more health issues aside from congenital heart defects and hearing impairment, like a near 100% chance of dementia.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
August 16, 2017
Speaking as someone with a genetic disorder, it is amazingly irresponsible and cruel to knowingly give birth to a child with a genetic disorder.
August 16, 2017
Iceland is a small island nation. They need to import much of their food. Explain to me how having a shit ton of Down Syndrome people will help their nation to prosper, I'm confused. sign 'I'm with stupid'

sarcastic clapping sarcastic clapping
August 16, 2017
Peace
Iceland is a small island nation. They need to import much of their food. Explain to me how having a shit ton of Down Syndrome people will help their nation to prosper, I'm confused. sign 'I'm with stupid'

It's hard to have an opinion on a nation that is not your own. Abortion is legal here (USA) and in the rest of Europe. If we've made the determination that it's morally OK to abort, I don't know how some can condemn this nation without condemning us as well.

Yes, I'm an "America first" guy. And with that I expect Icelanders to be "Iceland first," too. If this policy is what they deem best for their nation, it's their call.

An individual who opposes what is happening there, at the very least, should offer to adopt some of these children. Which begs the question...
Why aren't those opposed to this massive abortion rate in Iceland making their voices heard by offering to adopt???
August 16, 2017
I just don't get the mentality of people who think aborting Downs Syndrome babies (or sterilizing them as adults) is "genocide". Downs Syndrome/retarded people are not a race. They are people with a genetic defect which has absolutely no benefit for them or anyone else. Really, how can people be stupid enough to think a genetic defect is something that should be preserved?
August 16, 2017
StudioFiftyFour
Why aren't those opposed to this massive abortion rate in Iceland making their voices heard by offering to adopt???

Same reason they don't here? THEY don't want to raise unwanted babies.
August 16, 2017
ondinette
Really, how can people be stupid enough to think a genetic defect is something that should be preserved?

In animals, it's usually because the defect is perceived as "cute" or "rare" and therefore valuable. I have no idea how that "preserve at all costs" mentality applies to people.
August 16, 2017
kittehpeoples

Same reason they don't here? THEY don't want to raise unwanted babies.

It was kind of a rhetorical question. smiling smiley

But I see it among holy-roller religious types as well.

Them: "The Bible says you need to do X, Y, and Z!"

Me: "OK. Well, wait a second... you aren't doing X, Y, or Z..."

Them: "Well... Jesus forgives!"

Me: saying 'wtf'

This is not a slight against religious people, per se. The bottom line is that I would never ask anyone to do anything that I myself would not be willing to do. I see this among "environmentalists" as well....

Them: "I can't believe you are a climate change denier. Humans are undoubtedly the cause of global warming. Our family drives hybrid cars and you drive a 4x4 so our carbon footprint isn't as big as yours."

Me: "I am not a scientist, but I can do simple math. There are five of you, there is only one of me. If you are correct and humans are in fact warming the planet up, you've impacted the planet at least five-fold compared to me based on your total consumption. My consumption will be nil after I die."

Them: "But if we don't reproduce the human population will die off!"

Me: eye rolling smiley
August 16, 2017
StudioFiftyFour
This is not a slight against religious people, per se.

Definitely with you on this. Religious people are fine. Hypocrites can fuck right the hell off. smiling smiley
August 16, 2017
StudioFiftyFour
Peace

It's hard to have an opinion on a nation that is not your own. Abortion is legal here (USA) and in the rest of Europe. If we've made the determination that it's morally OK to abort, I don't know how some can condemn this nation without condemning us as well.

Yes, I'm an "America first" guy. And with that I expect Icelanders to be "Iceland first," too. If this policy is what they deem best for their nation, it's their call.

An individual who opposes what is happening there, at the very least, should offer to adopt some of these children. Which begs the question...

I meant my response as a rhetorical question tinged with sarcasm. Or did you not notice the emojis I selected?
August 16, 2017
I'm pretty sure America is the only country where having a retarded child is some kind of badge of honor while other countries see it for what it really is: a burden that will never ever become a useful, functioning member of society and a "person" who will never have a true or fulfilling existence.

Meanwhile, women in other countries are more sane and realistic and don't view retarded babies as blessings. They know a Down's tard isn't going to grow up and do anything useful no matter how hard it tries. And even if the kid is more high-functioning that a typical Down's person, all that would mean is that they're more aware of their disability and the fact that they are very, very different from their peers.

I'd say it's simply that Icelandic women actually give a shit about their kids' futures, and included in the list of things to give a shit about is whether or not their kid will be born with an incurable deformity. In such cases, the best thing you can do for your child is not allow it to be born. Quality of life is more important than quantity, which is another concept most other countries embrace and America does not. This is probably why human euthanasia is legal in other countries and people here see it as murder.

Article
Quijano asked Stefansson, "What does the 100 percent termination rate, you think, reflect about Icelandic society?

I'd say it reflects the fact that nobody wants to be burdened with a tard, nor do they want to burden everyone else with that tard. They don't want to pour resources into keeping a completely worthless person alive for several decades. More countries should be following their example.
August 17, 2017
I read this came from a satire site, but in the US, as many as 90 percent of DS discovered in utero results in abortion. There are very few willing to give up their lives for "special needs."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
August 17, 2017
I think they're doubly butthurt because absolutely no one in Iceland misses them.playing a violin
August 18, 2017
Articles about this are now making the rounds on Facebook amongst the Moo set. I saw it three times in the five minutes I was scrolling through my feed before going to bed. It looks like its their newest thing to be outraged about. eye rolling smiley

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
"Not every ejaculation deserves a name" - George Carlin
August 18, 2017
navi8orgirl
I read this came from a satire site, but in the US, as many as 90 percent of DS discovered in utero results in abortion. There are very few willing to give up their lives for "special needs."

The incidence of Down's syndrome did decline in the US as the availability an accuracy of early testing improved. There are plenty of people who're willing to terminate. They just don't talk about it afterward much.
August 20, 2017
They aired a ridiculous 60 minutes Pro Tard story, of course showing the high functioning Downies. Of course they don't show the shit-eating, endless masturbating, flapping types. Nope, only the happy morons in this bit of tabloid tripe.
If you're interested (or just wanna get infuriated this is the linkwinking smiley
Pro Down-Tard 60 Minutes report
Surprise - surprise, the journalist has a finger in the special olympics pie.

If it doesn't work, it's basically talking about a new test that will diagnose 90% correctly, the presence of pregnant Down-tards. It also shows an British Pro-Tard actor who decided to proceed, and got a high functioning one (which also benefited from the best therapy her rich mother could afford). As well as an Oz couple, who too got a high functioning one. It's all rainbows and unicorn farts, and doesn't show what the vast majority of downies will be the defecto shit-smearing types, which will live radically shortened, low quality of life.

For all those sjw and Pro-downy moos that low about aborting these 'special' defectos, well let them look after them in state run group homes.
August 20, 2017
nokidsandhappy
They aired a ridiculous 60 minutes Pro Tard story, of course showing the high functioning Downies. Of course they don't show the shit-eating, endless masturbating, flapping types. Nope, only the happy morons in this bit of tabloid tripe.
If you're interested (or just wanna get infuriated this is the linkwinking smiley
Pro Down-Tard 60 Minutes report
Surprise - surprise, the journalist has a finger in the special olympics pie.

If it doesn't work, it's basically talking about a new test that will diagnose 90% correctly, the presence of pregnant Down-tards. It also shows an British Pro-Tard actor who decided to proceed, and got a high functioning one (which also benefited from the best therapy her rich mother could afford). As well as an Oz couple, who too got a high functioning one. It's all rainbows and unicorn farts, and doesn't show what the vast majority of downies will be the defecto shit-smearing types, which will live radically shortened, low quality of life.

For all those sjw and Pro-downy moos that low about aborting these 'special' defectos, well let them look after them in state run group homes.

Its the same in the autism communities, even the breeders of the high functioning autards discourage people with low functiom autards (u know the homicidal shit smearing ones) from talking about it publicly because it creates "stigma" only the high functioning ones are allowed to talk publicly about it
August 20, 2017
I hate the intentional omission of vital information about the reality of raising a child with a mental disability. They only want to present the shiny side of the high-functioning. I'm sure that special didn't show how those with DS have comorbid physical ailments along with the mental retardation. I bet they didn't outline how many with DS have congenital heart deformities that have to be surgically fixed, which is a great way to drain finances if you live in the USA.

And if they ever show the low-functioning side, they will only show children because children are automatically equated as cute and it's easier to portray naysayers as monsters if they can look at a "cute" kid in the eye and say they shouldn't exist. But they conveniently leave out that low-functioning kids grow up to be low-functioning adults. They don't have talking heads of elderly parents about how they thought their child was going to look after them in their old age, but instead, they're wiping the ass and changing the diaper of their middle-aged child. They're never going to air footage of elderly parents of the adult mentally disabled saying that there has been nothing to make it worthwhile and that they would've aborted had they known. And they're not going to show adult autistics and Down Syndrome cases after their parents/caretakers have died and what their care is like after their advocates have passed on.

They think that by showing only the shiny side they're reducing the stigma, but it's not helping. All it does is reduce funding for decent institutions so those who drew the short straw and have a low-functioning mentally disabled child and cannot handle the 24/7 care can put them into a good place where they will get quality round-the-clock care and have them feel guilty for even wanting to do so because they have do-gooders foisting their unsolicited opinions (while mysteriously never offering their help).

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
August 20, 2017
A few interesting facts about Iceland:

Population: 332,529 (2016 estimate)

39,682 sq mi

30 cities, 70 + towns/villages

2 national parks

U.S. state closest in size Kentucky

Pretty sure everyone on the forum knows the capital is Reykjavík. Female representation in government is at 48% (no quota system).

The vast majority of Iceland's cities, like Greenland, are positioned along the coast.

So, while I am not surprised at the almost-nonexistence of Down's Syndrome in Iceland - and yes, they have very limited natural resources, having to import food etc from other nations, not to mention living space. On the positive side, their quality of life is very high (top ten). Iceland is a small nation, it is understandable their need to keep population growth in check.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login