Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Moo wants neighbor to childproof bonfire

Posted by cfdavep 
Moo wants neighbor to childproof bonfire
August 16, 2017
https://www.yahoo.com/style/m/2177f7b7-c6f0-32b2-8a62-39c610f26229/ss_miss-manners%3A-does-she-really.html

Apparently it is neighbor's responsibility to keep other people's kids from falling into a bonfire
Re: Moo wants neighbor to childproof bonfire
August 16, 2017
"would there be supervision?"

There would if you fucking watch your own damn kids, you lazy bitch.

I belong to an historic recreation group and frankly we're a bunch of pyros. Lots of people bring very small children who get very close to the bonfires. I have yet to see one get burned. It's almost like they've been taught to respect the dangers of fire.
August 16, 2017
Sorry folks--I have mixed feelings on the matter. I wish we had more information.

The homeowner says the backyard is "perfect" for bonfires. Well, I once lived in an urban area where our neighbors thought they had the "perfect" backyard for lighting off fireworks. On more than one occasion, I thought it was a foregone conclusion that they would set my home, and others, on fire. Fortunately that never happened, but in some cases the explosions were mere feet away from my home.

If you want to live in rural East Bumblewood Nowhere and light off firecrackers and set bonfires, have at it. If you're living with neighbors close by, I think it infringes upon their right to enjoy their own property along with their safety.
August 16, 2017
I agree with Miss Manners on this one. The host isn't running a daycare. If you don't think the bonfire will be safe for your crotch droppings, don't bring them. shrug
August 16, 2017
I'm aware that bonfires can get out of control, but there's a huge difference between bonfires and fireworks. And people (including children) should be taught appropriate respect for both.

We have neighbors who set off fireworks preceding, during, and after the 4th of July every year. I hate it. Mr. kittehpeoples, who is licensed to set off commercial-grade fireworks, doesn't, because he's aware that this neighborhood is not an appropriate place for it and he's not an asshole.
August 16, 2017
I agree with St54. Bonfires also create a lot of smoke. People in this neighborhood almost never do that and the rare times that they did I had to soak the bedroom with a spraybottle of vinegar. When living around others I never assume that everyone thinks something like that is a great idea as others are affected.
August 16, 2017
I agree a residential neighborhood might not be a great place for a bonfire, but the issue here is that Lazy Moo thinks she should not have to supervise her own damn kids. The commenters seem to agree the host should not have to do any childproofing. One mentioned how parents expect others to be responsible for their kids but totally lose it if the others dare discipline those kids.
August 16, 2017
cfdavep
I agree with St54. Bonfires also create a lot of smoke. People in this neighborhood almost never do that and the rare times that they did I had to soak the bedroom with a spraybottle of vinegar. When living around others I never assume that everyone thinks something like that is a great idea as others are affected.

I remember getting out on my own and living in an apartment. I believe my neighbor was convinced that the rest of us enjoyed it when he played his hardcore rap music at full blast. He was mistaken. angry smiley
August 17, 2017
kittehpeoples
"would there be supervision?"

There would if you fucking watch your own damn kids, you lazy bitch.

I belong to an historic recreation group and frankly we're a bunch of pyros. Lots of people bring very small children who get very close to the bonfires. I have yet to see one get burned. It's almost like they've been taught to respect the dangers of fire.

If the woman ONLY asks "would there be supervision?" and not have a hissy if the answer's no, that I wouldn't mind, but being expected to provide supervision for brats is out of line.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login