Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Another case of "the rules don't apply to my child" (damage to old coffin)

Posted by yurble 
Another case of "the rules don't apply to my child" (damage to old coffin)
August 22, 2017
https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2017/aug/22/museum-visitors-photo-stunt-damages-800-year-old-coffin-essex

The following sentences tell you all you need to know:

An 800-year old coffin on display in a museum was damaged when a child was placed inside it to pose for a photograph.

The family left the busy museum on 4 August without reporting the damage, leaving staff to discover it for themselves. The incident was caught on CCTV.

The sandstone casket that was damaged is the last of its kind.
And of course, if the museum tried to charge the family with the cost of restoration, the museum would be the bad guys. "But it was a chyyyyyyylllllld! They don't know any better! No family could afford the £££! Why punish them, they're totally sorry!"

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
paragon schnitzophonic
And of course, if the museum tried to charge the family with the cost of restoration, the museum would be the bad guys. "But it was a chyyyyyyylllllld! They don't know any better! No family could afford the £££! Why punish them, they're totally sorry!"

There is no reason for children to be admitted to such attractions.

The parents should be charged, criminally. Send a few of them to prison for 6 months to a year and they'll stop this kind of destruction to items that are irreplaceable.
I saw that. My first thought was to wonder if they were Americans. My second thought was, who the hell wants to see their child in a coffin?
The breeder's response would be: Can't you just Gorilla glue it back together?
This made me feel so sick. They said it was the last of its kind, and breeders just used it for their sproggens amusement.

"It is better not to look like what you are; it is better to look like a bourgeois woman because then all the doors are open for you and then you can just go and make hell." - Marjane Satrapi
This isn't cool. Breeders have no respect for anything, which begs the question, why should we have respect for them, when they have no respect for others?

Mr. Neptune: haha, so true.
Breeders have such disdain for nice things, whether historical artifacts or others' personal property. I can only assume it's jealousy.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login