Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rant, bloggers who won't STFU about their kids

Rant, bloggers who won't STFU about their kids
August 25, 2017
What is with people on the internet thinking anyone gives a damn about their kids? I was looking for a recipe, and I clicked into a blog to read what was posted. Instead of having one or two pictures followed by the recipe, there was a long rant about why this recipe is so good for her "as a moo." This bitch went on and on about how it's good because it's cheap, and she's tired of going out and having her kids ask to eat out, and how it's her right to "give them the gift of no," and not let them eat out while she orders for herself. Following that speech, there was another one about how drive thrus are annoying, because her little cherubs make a mess in her car. There were like three pages of that shit, and the recipe was a tiny paragraph at the bottom of the page. Reading the ingredients, I decided to try another one instead, because it didn't sound like the best version out there. Why do parents do this? And it wasn't just this bitch, either. I used to love BEB's website, until her "just Friday things" became less about her adorable golden retrievers, and more about sprog 1, and then a year later sprig 2. Sorry for ranting this stuff just makes my blood boil. If I reach your website because I searched for a recipe, or a DIY home improvement tutorial, or anything that doesn't involve the keywords 'kids I don't care about,' I don't want to read pages of text about your kids.

Lurking moos, stop it. Nobody cares about your kids but you, and maybe your wallet, and even he only cares because he's been oopsed.

Lock him up or put him down.
Stolen from Shiny.
Re: Rant, bloggers who won't STFU about their kids
August 25, 2017
She is a dumbass. The reason her kids ask to eat out all the time is because she has instilled the habit in them, and now she is bitching about her bad parenting. Also, she taught them kids deserve everything adults have which is why she now has an issue with being able to do anything for herself without doing the same for her kids.

Lurking moos and duhs who find this story strangely familiar, try teaching your kids life is unfair and that you can't always get what you want.
Otherwise they will be taught by life and it will be harsh. And if you blog it makes you look like an idiot (not a martyr) when you rant about your bad parenting.
August 26, 2017
contemplativeintrovert
I used to love BEB's website, until her "just Friday things" became less about her adorable golden retrievers, and more about sprog 1, and then a year later sprig 2.

One thing that can be said about her is that she keeps most of her personal life in the Friday post, which I never look at.

I never read the blah blah of blog posts anyway, I just skip straight to the recipe and decide if I'm interested. I care nothing about what inspired the recipe or the life of the author. I'm not forming a connection with the author, I'm seeing who routinely posts recipes that interest me.
August 27, 2017
yurble, I deal with recipe blogs the same way. I give zero fucks about the bloggity blog bloggy part...I scroll down, glancing at any pictures of the food itself. I look through the recipe and decide if it'll work with me.

And if there's too much bloggity blog-blog between the title and the recipe, I hit the back button and go on to the next item in my search results.

It's the same goal-oriented , search-and-destroy method I use when clothes shopping.
August 27, 2017
Unless the blogger is specifically running a blog for famblee-friendly meals, nobody gives a fuck about their goddamn kids or how this meal is "great for picky eaters". When I go recipe hunting, I want to know how difficult it is, how it's going to taste and how much it'll cost me to make it. I don't give a shit if someone's cross-eyed little retard will find it palatable, although "family-friendly" is often synonymous with "bland and shitty" when it comes to recipes. Sometimes I do like to know that right off the bat so I know to not bother trying the recipe because I actually like my food to have flavor.

This is why I like Bakerella's blog. No fuckin' kids! Just adorable, delicious diabeetus. Those kitten ice cream cone cookies on the front page now are almost too goddamn adorable to eat.

This bitch went on and on about how it's good because it's cheap, and she's tired of going out and having her kids ask to eat out, and how it's her right to "give them the gift of no," and not let them eat out while she orders for herself

So she instills bad habits in her kids and then bitches about it, then breaks her arm patting herself on the back when she tells them "no" when they want things she's made them think they deserve. So business as usual for the average Moo. Though I am shocked she actually refuses to cater to their whims. Most Moos will just give their kids whatever they're screaming for to shut them the fuck up. I'd almost call this Moo-blogger a tolerable parent if it wasn't her own dumbass behavior that caused her kids to go gimme-gimme-gimme all the fucking time. Instead of putting a band-aid on your crappy parenting mistakes, learn how to not make those mistakes anymore. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, after all.
August 28, 2017
Cambion

This is why I like Bakerella's blog. No fuckin' kids! Just adorable, delicious diabeetus. Those kitten ice cream cone cookies on the front page now are almost too goddamn adorable to eat.

Thanks for this. Will keep this blog for party treats with a great presentation. Whatever happened to associating joy and fun with a blog anyways? Bakerella has it down!
August 28, 2017
I have been listening to a podcast for fans of a certain band. They recently switched to a longer format. This should be good, but now they have time to babble about irrelevant bullshit. One of them wasted over 5 minutes on a recent podcast with a story about a "cute" thing his 4 year old granddaughter did. Ugh.

The really sad thing is I know people who like these twee stories and are happy to give the breeders the attention they crave. Double ugh.

IMHO if you're going to have a blog or podcast about a particular topic you should stick to that topic.
August 29, 2017
ondinette
The really sad thing is I know people who like these twee stories and are happy to give the breeders the attention they crave. Double ugh.

IMHO if you're going to have a blog or podcast about a particular topic you should stick to that topic.

Yeah, who are these people who want to feel a "personal connection" with random people? Are they that starved for human interaction in their daily lives?

This is why I hate small talk. I don't give a fuck about the cashier, and I'm sure she doesn't give a fuck about me, either. So let's just have the transaction, politely, and be on our ways. (When I go to a small shop and I see the same person regularly, I don't mind engaging in a bit of chat because I actually know the person a bit. But in a big, anonymous store? Why pretend we live in a village?)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login