Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Duh wants "duh with newborn" parking spaces

Posted by cfdavep 
Re: Duh wants "duh with newborn" parking spaces
September 14, 2017
yurble
cfuter
In fact, if both men and women were equipped to bear children, we likely wouldn't have these laws and perks at work at all because they just got them under gender discrimination.

It pisses me off so much when issues like work daycare, parental leave, and the like are classed as women's issues. They sure the fuck are not! They are parent's issues, and it is extremely offensive for "feminists" to perpetuate the idea that children are a female concern.

Same for birth control being classed as "women's issues". I suppose it's likely because when push comes to shove, women are the ones who're stuck dealing with pregnancy. But men should be equally alarmed by the prospect of an unwanted/unplanned pregnancy. They should also have more options than condoms or vasectomies, but that's a whole different rabbit hole...
September 15, 2017
yurble
cfuter
In fact, if both men and women were equipped to bear children, we likely wouldn't have these laws and perks at work at all because they just got them under gender discrimination.

It pisses me off so much when issues like work daycare, parental leave, and the like are classed as women's issues. They sure the fuck are not! They are parent's issues, and it is extremely offensive for "feminists" to perpetuate the idea that children are a female concern.

This is a really good point. You'd think people who fight for this would see the irony in using the term. I'm not an expert on feminism but I thought it was about women and men having the same choices and options. To open career choices to women beyond what was once limited to teaching, secretarial or being a nurse. And if a woman had baybeez or married it would no longer be a career ender. Not about one sex or the other having more options nor is it to insure that women can have it all (baybeez, career that magically doesn't suffer, etc.). Most men seemed to have figured out a long time ago that they can't have it all. And definitely not about sustaining a career for any type of break, that the career suffers from this is reality for women or men.

I was such a happy little gal growing up because I believed my career options were only limited by my ability and not my sex organs and it is so sad to see so many women who view having baybeez as their ultimate goal in life.
September 17, 2017
I park in these spaces any chance I get and I used to own a sportcar, so I would get the side eye.

And #dadbod is puke worthy (and why do they always seem to have their shirts off? vom)
October 04, 2017
yurble

THIS. heart

"Moo parking", baby changing tables in ladies' bathrooms only, etc. just strengthen the idea that "childcare is women's work", which easily leads to the idea that "kids are everything that women are interested in".

BTW I don't mind the family parking places since I've learned that they're actually to protect your car from the chimpanzee who throws its parent's car door open with the force of a hurricane. grinning smiley
October 05, 2017
tea princess
yurble

THIS. heart

"Moo parking", baby changing tables in ladies' bathrooms only, etc. just strengthen the idea that "childcare is women's work", which easily leads to the idea that "kids are everything that women are interested in".

BTW I don't mind the family parking places since I've learned that they're actually to protect your car from the chimpanzee who throws its parent's car door open with the force of a hurricane. grinning smiley

let 'em prang each other's cars!

It was like that decades ago too. The Kelleys, the devout Catholic breeder family with the surly engineer had a Country Squire that was the most beat up car in the neighborhood. And have you noticed that minivans today don't seem to last long?
October 06, 2017
mr. neptune

It was like that decades ago too. The Kelleys, the devout Catholic breeder family with the surly engineer had a Country Squire that was the most beat up car in the neighborhood. And have you noticed that minivans today don't seem to last long?

Considering the abuse breeders dish out, can you wonder why?

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login