Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

We All Agree That Baby Showers and Gender Reveal Parties Are Stupid, But...

...damn they're good for my side hustle. I just got paid $80 for 40 basic vanilla cupcakes with pink and blue icing for a gender reveal party and $200 for a cake, cupcakes, and cake pops for a baby shower. Benefits of other people's narcissism.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
Sweet!

Glad you are profiting from idiocy. I'm curious, are these people wealthy? Because what kind of idiot spends almost three hundred dollars just on cake and cupcakes for a stupid theme party. Do these morons not realize they have chosen to birth a high six figure liability in their future?

They would be better off putting that money away for future expenses for the kid.

These are the kind of people who are always complaining how haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaard it is to raise a kid, when they are contributing to their own stupidity.

But I'm just a sensible CFer with a positive cash flow.
Re: We All Agree That Baby Showers and Gender Reveal Parties Are Stupid, But...
September 01, 2017
Wish I could cash in. I like baking, and if someone wants to pay to be stupid...
bell_flower
Sweet!

Glad you are profiting from idiocy. I'm curious, are these people wealthy? Because what kind of idiot spends almost three hundred dollars just on cake and cupcakes for a stupid theme party. Do these morons not realize they have chosen to birth a high six figure liability in their future?

They would be better off putting that money away for future expenses for the kid.

These are the kind of people who are always complaining how haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaard it is to raise a kid, when they are contributing to their own stupidity.

But I'm just a sensible CFer with a positive cash flow.

These were two separate people. So one paid $80 for her daughter's gender reveal party and the other paid $200 for his and his wife's baby shower.

And honestly, in this area, I'm positively cheap. I charge $2/cupcake, $1.50/cake pop and $150 for a simple 2-tier cake with white fondant. Go to any established bakery and you'd pay twice that and have to put in an order a month or so in advance.

"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

- Cambion

- Miss Hannigan
That's not bad! If you don't mind my asking, where do you live? Do you own a bakery or is this something you can do from home? Also, if the latter, do you need any kind of permits or anything? I read a story somewhere about a kid with a lemonade stand that was fined for not having some kind of permit. But if I could sell food without one, or with one, assuming it doesn't cost more than I could expect to make, that would be fun. Sorry to get off topic, not trying to threadjack.

Lock him up or put him down.
Stolen from Shiny.
I don't own a bakery. I actually use the kitchen at work since I work in a pastry kitchen at a hotel. I just buy my own materials or reimburse the hotel for anything I use there. My side hustle is not of any official capacity as of yet; it's mostly coworkers and friends who ask and pay.

- Garrett Hardin

- Reddit comment

- Cambion

- Miss Hannigan
Re: We All Agree That Baby Showers and Gender Reveal Parties Are Stupid, But...
September 04, 2017
Good for you! I say benefit as much as you can. And I have sticker shock after seeing the prices charged for cupcakes, etc. Your rates are very reasonable.
Those are pretty reasonable prices you charge.

And yeah, gender reveal and baby showers are stupid. But they DO guarantee you continued business, as people seem to be completely unable to tone down the whole performance-art aspect of parenthood. Their self-centeredness and lack of control = more cash for you!
I wonder if these idiots know they could have made their own fucking cupcakes, cakes and cake pops for super-cheap at home with cake mixes and canned frosting (and food coloring). Of course, it wouldn't be the same quality as something made from scratch in a professional kitchen, but I have a feeling these goodies were more for appearance sake rather than taste. Hell, you can even get fucking Wilton decorating supplies at Walmart for fancy piped icing.

Cake mixes are about $1 a box and you get about two dozen-ish cupcakes out of one box, or one two-layer cake... and I forget how many cake pops - it's been a while since I made them. From-scratch basic frosting is cheap and easy to make too, even if it's just something like whipping cream, powdered sugar, food coloring and vanilla.

So because these heifers are so proud of themselves and feel so special (and also hold the typical belief that being in pig means not lifting a finger at all for almost a year), they threw away a ton of money for someone else to make their stereotypical color-coded baked goods. Not that your prices aren't reasonable or the quality of your cakes is on the same level as something out of a box, but just saying since they were too lazy/special, they spent far more money than if they made their own stuff.

Breeders really are suckers and will gladly pay out the ass for anything if it kisses their asses or offers even the slightest imagined convenience.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login