Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

UK Cafe bans under 12s. Cue the mooing.

Posted by bookworm 
UK Cafe bans under 12s. Cue the mooing.
September 01, 2017
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-41100226

So far the Tripadvisor reviews are all 100% positive but wait until the Mumsnet keyboard warriors get to work.
Re: UK Cafe bans under 12s. Cue the mooing.
September 04, 2017
I saw this and sounds divine. I know I would love a place to simply enjoy an iced or hot coffee with WhiteWolf and not have to having to put up with free-range spawn and parents who can't be arsed to control them. If parents were actually parents and had well-controlled children in public places, that would be a different matter altogether. Breeders have plenty of fambly-friendly places to take their sprogs. CF/CL have so few places. However maybe the trend will spread if only a bit.

Being a Titanic and ocean liner buff myself, I love the look of his café. What the harridan who is carrying on about how horrible he is to exclude children under 12 chooses to ignore is that he has antiques and collectibles. I know the work and expense it must have taken to get that collection together. Unfortunately, until parents teach their spawn NOT to touch other people's things, exclusion such as this is necessary. So tired of this nonsense of breeders wanting to be EVERYWHERE, especially considering how ill-reared their spawn are.
September 04, 2017
A cafe local to me banned kids after 6pm a few years ago and local moos blockaded it with pushchairs and prams. They really are pathetic, aren't babies meant to be in bed by like 6 or 7pm anyway? What's the point of dragging them out at night? And it's not like kids would have any knowledge or interest in antiques and collectibles. Not every place has to be a Wacky Warehouse, there are already enough places catering to brats.
September 04, 2017
That's disgusting and yes when I was a wee sprog, up til 6 or so, my mum had me fed and in bed by 7. But who knows with these idiot moos. My ex was one and she had the brat up til at least 9 (he was 6 at the time). I agree strongly that not every place needs to be child-friendly or cater to families.

When my ex and I married in 2007, I chose the Bed and Breakfast specifically because children under 18 were NOT allowed. I could well see why when we got there...the home was furnished in exquisite antiques and we all know how children and antiques do not mix. You would think anyone with half a functioning brain could understand that children and antiques do not mix, but apparently some parents either don't get it or if they do, they don't care.
September 05, 2017
I am a huuuuuge lover of antiques and vintage stuff, and I would love going to a café like that!

Note to lurking breeders: Not every place is designed for you and your stinking rugrats. Grow up, put your big moo size xxx black panties on and deal with it. Not everyone adores you and your sprogs.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login