Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Breeder bosses

Posted by yummynotmummy 
Breeder bosses
September 08, 2017
Warning: rant ahead!

My boss has a bunch of children - can't exactly remember how many, but too many, including a grandbrat that she seems to take care of most of the time, even though she's still quite young. At least one of them has autism, maybe more than one, I'm not sure. She is constantly taking time off, there's constant kid dramas so she never seems to be in the office and she's always getting her night shifts covered by other people. I used to work on her shift and I asked to move because she was beyond useless on shift, she would be tired and either be snappy or emotional and would effectively only work for about half the shift, or she would work flat out and not take any breaks, making it difficult for others to take theirs. She was so erratic I couldn't stand working with her so when an opportunity to move shift came up, I took it. She doesn't do her job a lot of the time, you can't get hold of her, she either doesn't bother doing supervisions (which we are meant to have once a month) or she is asking you all the time to come to meetings because she's finding small bullshit things that you do wrong, she cancels last minute and is late to meetings, always citing kids or family issues. She pretty much hates me, because I once called her out on some inconsistency in what she said and she gave me an absolute dressing down and threatened me with disciplinary action. I know she also hates that I'm popular with senior management because I get my head down and do my job with no bullshit and most of the service users like me, some of the regular ones have even asked to work with me (or other workers in the team) rather than her, which I know has boiled her piss recently, but because her mind is always elsewhere, how can she really be providing proper mental health support to seriously unwell clients? She's just not doing her job consistently. We never know if she is going to be in or not when we need to ask her something, so we always end up asking her deputy or her boss and then that pisses her off too. I was bollocked recently for "going over her head" but she didn't answer her phone or emails for 2 days and I needed an answer - I figured if she wasn't getting back to me she must have been on leave, but we never get told if she's on annual leave or has time off, she never tells us "oh I'll be off next week between Monday and Thursday, please contact x if you need anything". And then you get emails from her in the middle of the night when she's not even on shift, which infringes on your time away from work.

It just pisses me off so much that because she's got all these kids she seems to be getting so much leeway from work to be completely crap at her job and treat the staff who work under her like shit. If I wasn't doing my job properly, cancelling meetings and not turning up to things and not pulling my weight on my shifts I would be on performance management faster than you could say HR. And yet they don't seem to have done anything about her just not doing what she's meant to be doing and not even being there half the time. I am so sick of how many allowances breeders get given and how much of the royal piss they take.

/rant
Re: Breeder bosses
September 09, 2017
If breeders' poor work performance was caused by anything else, like a substance abuse problem, they would get fired.
September 13, 2017
happyhiker
If breeders' poor work performance was caused by anything else, like a substance abuse problem, they would get fired.

Right. I've just found out she's off sick again for 2 weeks. I don't know how she gets away with it.
September 13, 2017
I feel your pain! Where I work, hands down the all-time favorite excuse is either the coworker or their spawn is in the ER. And I'm not talking once, it's both men/women, the same folks all the time. Bills come every month like clockwork. Don't they realise if you don't work, with no PTO, you don't get paid? I often wonder if that little gem even occurs to them? Bosses aren't going to give you a full check just by flashing sad eyes, or demon turd pics. They have businesses to run, at least in those cases greed wins out. Seriously, if 95+ percent of them were truly as bad as they say, they'd probably be dead by now.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login