Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Breeder boss quits, friends want free labour for new baybee and other tales of entitlement

Posted by yummynotmummy 
So my useless boss has quit because "work won't be flexible enough for me to balance my life and fambleee". This is someone who was given flexible hours and a ton of time off and STILL couldn't manage to do the basics of her job and I guess work got fed up with it. Good riddance - I'm hoping her deputy will get the job, who seems to be a PNB and doesn't bring her kid woes to work and has been picking all the slack up for Mooboss for the past few months.

Woke up this morning to a FB message from an acquaintance at best asking for people to come help decorate their impending baybee's nursery - oh and if you could bring any baybee stuff, they need clothes, toys, nappies, etc - instead of a baybee shower they are having a "decorating party". So not only do you have to bring loaf gifts, you also have to decorate the nursery. And I thought baybee showers were the height of entitlement - it seems breeders are expert at outdoing themselves in the entitlement stakes. I wrote back saying sorry I have no spare time between my shifts and studies at the moment. I'm back to uni in a few days time, been doing extra shifts at work because of Mooboss's absence, and I have a shit ton of reading to do. Decorating nurseries for other people's contraceptive failures is nowhere on my priority list.

A final example of gross breeder entitlement - the other day I was taking my grandma to the dentist and there was no parking. I popped into the reception desk and asked where I might be able to park nearby because there were no spaces - even the two disabled spots were taken by blue badges so fair enough. The receptionist pointed to a woman with two kids who was paying at the desk and said she's in the family parking spot, you can take that one when she leaves as long as you display the blue badge, as we have a disability first policy. So I parked in there and when I got my grandma out of the car in her wheelchair no less this Moo in a car with a brat in tow winds down her window and starts yelling at me for being in the Moo space. She didn't believe me when I said the receptionist had given me permission so she went in and complained. To which the receptionist said "Are you seriously telling me that your needs are greater than the needs of a 90 year old in a wheelchair and her carer? Because I really don't think they are, do you?"

Moo had to go and park in the supermarket down the road. Sucks to be you, entitled cowbag!
yummynotmummy
So my useless boss has quit because "work won't be flexible enough for me to balance my life and fambleee". This is someone who was given flexible hours and a ton of time off and STILL couldn't manage to do the basics of her job and I guess work got fed up with it. Good riddance - I'm hoping her deputy will get the job, who seems to be a PNB and doesn't bring her kid woes to work and has been picking all the slack up for Mooboss for the past few months.

Woke up this morning to a FB message from an acquaintance at best asking for people to come help decorate their impending baybee's nursery - oh and if you could bring any baybee stuff, they need clothes, toys, nappies, etc - instead of a baybee shower they are having a "decorating party". So not only do you have to bring loaf gifts, you also have to decorate the nursery. And I thought baybee showers were the height of entitlement - it seems breeders are expert at outdoing themselves in the entitlement stakes. I wrote back saying sorry I have no spare time between my shifts and studies at the moment. I'm back to uni in a few days time, been doing extra shifts at work because of Mooboss's absence, and I have a shit ton of reading to do. Decorating nurseries for other people's contraceptive failures is nowhere on my priority list.

Is the boss on the way out or has she officially severed all ties with the company? The idea of showering the boss with gifts and labor at your own expense and outside of company time strikes me as unethical and perhaps illegal. What about those who choose not to participate in this farce? What kind of retaliation awaits them?
Good for the receptionist for shutting her down...but they could avoid that kind of drama if they didn't raise the expectation by creating those parking spaces in the first place.
Oh the boss and acquaintance are two different people, sorry Studio 54. The boss has quit and is working her notice but currently she's on sick leave and we're all betting that most of her notice she'll be on the sick. The "decorating party" acquaintance is an ex work colleague from a few years ago who is having baybee no 1 and as with most moos you'd think she was the first person in the world to have a kid.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login