Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Thumbs up for my local council and transport providers thumbs up

Posted by yummynotmummy 
Thumbs up for my local council and transport providers thumbs up
September 20, 2017
I don't take the bus often but university has just started again and there's no parking there so I took the bus in yesterday. There have been new posters put up above the disabled seats and wheelchair spots, endorsed by the city council as it had their logo on it, saying that you can only park a pushchair there if there's no wheelchair on the bus, pushchairs and prams must vacate immediately if a wheelchair user gets on and if they don't the driver has the right to ask you to leave the bus and the police will be called if you don't. It also said that parents and children must vacate the disabled seats, including to allow a carer to sit with the person they are looking after, if someone in need gets on. Oh and there was a reminder that there's CCTV on all the buses and repeat offenders will be banned from local buses if they don't comply.

It was where I live that there was that big row and court case, so I guess they've upped the ante around here. Disabled campaigners were furious that a wheelchair user was left at the bus stop because Moo wouldn't disturb her loaf to fold the pram - it was a while ago and it always takes the city council a long time to do stuff but finally they've done it. Moos, take note - having kids is not a disability and you get no special treatment. Done.
Re: Thumbs up for my local council and transport providers thumbs up
September 20, 2017
It is just common decency to fold them up in busy public transport, unless you're getting out in two stops, so as to take up less space. It isn't as if I enjoy balancing one bag of groceries on my feet and another on my lap, it's just what I do if the bus is full, instead of putting them on the seat next to me. But breeders are so used to thinking that everyone should kowtow to them, it doesn't occur to them to be considerate of the space. Hence the conflict and the original court case, and now the well-deserved correction.
September 20, 2017
yummynotmummy
you can only park a pushchair there if there's no wheelchair on the bus, pushchairs and prams must vacate immediately if a wheelchair user gets on and if they don't the driver has the right to ask you to leave the bus and the police will be called if you don't. It also said that parents and children must vacate the disabled seats, including to allow a carer to sit with the person they are looking after, if someone in need gets on.

That is fantastic.
September 20, 2017
FINALLY!

Here's hoping the rest of the country will follow.

When I'm on a bus, I always ready myself to fight an errant moo who might refuse to move their pram for a wheelchair user who wants to get on the bus too. Those disabled spaces only came after years of campaigning for wheelchair access, and there are signs in every space saying that you must move if a wheelchair user needs it.

I recall one trip where both spaces were taken up by a pram, when a disabled person wanted to get on the bus, and the bus driver told the moo taking up the larger space to move to the other one (two prams can easily fit in one space). She was on her phone the whole time she was moving the bloody thing and loudly complaining to whomever was on the other end that she has to move her pram! Yeah, how dare she have to move her precious loaf? How dare she not get to have a space all to herself? Stupid bitch...
September 20, 2017
lurker-derp
FINALLY!

Here's hoping the rest of the country will follow.

When I'm on a bus, I always ready myself to fight an errant moo who might refuse to move their pram for a wheelchair user who wants to get on the bus too. Those disabled spaces only came after years of campaigning for wheelchair access, and there are signs in every space saying that you must move if a wheelchair user needs it.

You do right, I think "passenger pressure" has played a big part in moos feeling like they HAVE to do the right thing, especially after that court case. Even the most brazen Moo would think twice with a bus full of eyes staring at her huge ass and expecting her to shift herself.
September 20, 2017
lurker-derp
I recall one trip where both spaces were taken up by a pram, when a disabled person wanted to get on the bus, and the bus driver told the moo taking up the larger space to move to the other one (two prams can easily fit in one space). She was on her phone the whole time she was moving the bloody thing and loudly complaining to whomever was on the other end that she has to move her pram! Yeah, how dare she have to move her precious loaf? How dare she not get to have a space all to herself? Stupid bitch...

This would upset me so much, whether I was in my wheelchair or not. When I do have to use it, I feel so fucking self-conscious in it anyway; when people do shit like this (and they do, it's amazing), it just makes it even worse. I feel like I'm in everyone's way AND I get furious...at me, at my body, at them...it's awful.

So I have no patience for shit like this. I didn't choose my genetic disorder, but people like that fucking chose to breed-- they shouldn't take it out on anyone else that they screwed up their life.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login